OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIV - Can we get a refund for 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I think we accidently just saw a perfect case study in why these things keep happening over & over again, and why nothing has changed, and why it's reached a breaking point:

Police shoot bean bags at person standing on their own porch: "Maybe they shouldn't have been standing on their own porch".

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think we accidently just saw a perfect case study in why these things keep happening over & over again, and why nothing has changed, and why it's reached a breaking point:

Police shoot bean bags at person standing on their own porch: "Maybe they shouldn't have been standing on their own porch".

pretty much

they need to be held to a higher standard given the position they’re in, not a lower one. It’s not necessary to try and justify everything they do.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
except nobody said that
The point is that such an obvious poor action by the police is having excuses made for it. It's ok to call out a bad action by the police, it doesn't mean you hate the police. I'd actual posit that calling out bad actors shows love for the police - a desire to have them be the best version(s) of themselves.

Maybe if we did more of that as a society, maybe if we held the police to a higher standard, than Floyd would still be alive right now. Maybe it's time we all think about how we're complicit in what's been happening in these communities for generations. Or maybe we just go back to watching netflix.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
The point is that such an obvious poor action by the police is having excuses made for it. It's ok to call out a bad action by the police, it doesn't mean you hate the police. I'd actual posit that calling out bad actors shows love for the police - a desire to have them be the best version(s) of themselves.

Maybe if we did more of that as a society, maybe if we held the police to a higher standard, than Floyd would still be alive right now. Maybe it's time we all think about how we're complicit in what's been happening in these communities for generations. Or maybe we just go back to watching netflix.

I don’t agree with them shooting those people on the porch and have no problem with them being held accountable for that.

I don’t however have a problem with them telling the people to go inside considering the circumstances and I would have gone in myself.

Those people could have easily gone in and cooperated, but that doesn’t mean I
Think they deserved to be shot.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Meanwhile, the hackers claim proof that the royal family had Diana killed to hide their sex trafficking o_O

This year just doesn't quit...

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I have some wonderful news to share:

Although my niece's senior track season was cancelled due to COVID-19 she was still offered a track scholarship to Assumption College where she will study nursing.

Pair of Griswold athletes cap off turbulent spring with joint signing

I am so proud of her :heart:
This calls for cookies!!

cookie-platter.jpg

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad