OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIV - Can we get a refund for 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

tenor.gif

Continued from

OT - NO POLITICS - Off Topic 2020 part XXIII - How is everybody coping?

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Girlfriend has a RAGING battle with poison ivy, and by the looks of it my reaction is 2 days behind. One thing is for sure, poison ivy is some BULLSHIT

Word.

So far I haven't gotten it but that is just a matter of time. The only good thing about poison ivy is that it isn't as bad as poison oak or poison sumac. I had poison oak once- it literally made me sick and my legs looked like they'd been in a fire. It took weeks to recover from it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Word.

So far I haven't gotten it but that is just a matter of time. The only good thing about poison ivy is that it isn't as bad as poison oak or poison sumac. I had poison oak once- it literally made me sick and my legs looked like they'd been in a fire. It took weeks to recover from it.

my fear is the duration. A couple nights, alright fine. Two weeks and i think this is where life ends lol.

im hoping to get lucky and avoid the wrath. I have a persistent itch on both calves, but it’s not splotchy or anything. A couple small bumps. The lady however, full blown bubbles up her arms and midsection. All the skin looks like it is actively on fire. I think the plan is for her to head to urgent care later to request a steroid injection. Hydrocortisone and Benadryl to get us through the nights.

if i was up last night in misery, i can’t imagine her agony.

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
my fear is the duration. A couple nights, alright fine. Two weeks and i think this is where life ends lol.

im hoping to get lucky and avoid the wrath. I have a persistent itch on both calves, but it’s not splotchy or anything. A couple small bumps. The lady however, full blown bubbles up her arms and midsection. All the skin looks like it is actively on fire. I think the plan is for her to head to urgent care later to request a steroid injection. Hydrocortisone and Benadryl to get us through the nights.

I've never gotten poison ivy. I'm pretty sure I don't react to it and I couldn't pick it out of a lineup if you paid me.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My wife is deathly allergic to the stuff though. It gets near her and it ends up in her lungs every time.

never heard of a money allergy

kidding of course that sounds f***ing terrible. Any time shit impacts breathing it’s obviously a giant red flag. I feel light cold symptoms today but nothing major. It’s gotten worse for the last 3-4 days but it’s slow. Hopefully never gets much worse than it is now.

Reactions: LSCII

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My wife is deathly allergic to the stuff though. It gets near her and it ends up in her lungs every time.

You don't have to come into direct physical contact with it to get it, I've gotten it just by getting too close to it with the lawn mower. Apparently the sap can be airborne :(

As for identifying it: "Shiny leaves of three, leave them be". :nod:

Reactions: LSCII

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I had a couple encounters with poison ivy when I was a kid, but that's all. I do remember the itch though. :help: And practically bathing in calamine lotion. :confused:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You don't have to come into direct physical contact with it to get it, I've gotten it just by getting too close to it with the lawn mower. Apparently the sap can be airborne :(

Yeah, my wife is the same. Doesn't have to touch it, just be near someone that has. And I've done that to her a few times over the years because I don't pay attention to it at all since it doesn't effect me.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

i just got over mine. i posted about it a couple weeks ago.
luckily only on the wrist. 2 weeks of pure itch snd puss bubbles. but orgasmic when in the shower letting the hot water hit it.
i get it horribly bad when i get it.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Watch out is someone is burning their yard stuff. You can get it that way too.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
i just got over mine. i posted about it a couple weeks ago.
luckily only on the wrist. 2 weeks of pure itch snd puss bubbles. but orgasmic when in the shower letting the hot water hit it.
i get it horribly bad when i get it.

YES! i remember your posts now. I knew i had heard of somebody getting it, i just totally forgot when and where i heard about it. 2 weeks though. Balls. Your survivor story gives me some hope though. Girlfriend just got prednisone

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Maintenance guys just came and installed my new showerhead. :wave:

Old one:

View attachment 346162

New one:

View attachment 346163

Excellent. A good showerhead is very underrated! We own our own house now, but back when we used to rent and we were inspecting new places to potentially move into, we'd always try and get a good sneaky look at the shower and see if it was up to scratch. Got to get your priorities right :D

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Excellent. A good showerhead is very underrated! We own our own house now, but back when we used to rent and we were inspecting new places to potentially move into, we'd always try and get a good sneaky look at the shower and see if it was up to scratch. Got to get your priorities right :D
I like the handheld kind, and this one is magnetic, so no worries about it falling out of the clip. It's a Moen.

20200514_141331.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad