OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIII - How is everybody coping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
For my fellow military aviation nerds, this is a great video. Some amazing aerial shots.

I've never been particularly claustrophobic but those cockpit shots make me rethink that.

Midair refueling is not for the faint of heart. Seeing that tanker get closer and closer made me nervous and I'm on the ground lol.

Never seen a twin seat F-16 before. Very cool. And yeah watching them fuel from that tanker was a nail biter!!!

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
upload_2020-5-2_16-58-22.jpeg

Built a fire pit today!

Many thanks to my outlaws for donating the bricks to make it. Perfect for postgame celebrations or postmortems. Whichever the case may be.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I had to go for some imaging tests today, and a blood sugar recheck. Afterward I went through the Chick-fil-A drive thru to pick up some lunch. The first employee I encountered was an older lady wearing a Predators mask. I told her I liked her mask, to which she responded "thanks, wish I could say the same about your sweatshirt!" Of course I was wearing a Bruins sweatshirt! :laugh: I laughed and said I liked the Preds too, but the Bruins are my favorite. She said "well I do have to admit, Pasta is a lot of fun to watch!" We both agreed that we miss hockey a lot.

Just a fun interaction, especially with someone outside of Boston who knows to call Pastrnak Pasta. :)

Great story!

We literally meet Boston fans all over. We were in the middle of the desert in Prescott, AZ and a dude walks out of a QT in a B's shirt. We chatted with him for a bit and turns out he was from Lawrence, MA.

We also met a woman on top of a random mountaintop in Arizona who saw our Bruins license plate and asked if we were from Boston--She lived one town over from where I grew up. So weird.

We were gifted 2 Bruins facemasks this week; seems like a weird gift....but considering the current sequester, not really that weird.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I really admire you folks that do actual work.
Today I was cleaning and found this knife and holder from my father in the war. It had a bunch of information on it from his name; USN Commando Base Navale. Airdale; E-8; LA Maddalena 1944

weird never seen this

he never talked once about the war but several of my ‘uncles’ growing up were his navy buddies.

the only thing I know was he got bombed on a ship and because of shrapnel my mother got a check till she died. Those guys could do anything- they pretty much - actually did- designed and built each other’s houses.

I miss that guy

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Trevor turned 50 in March and we had to postpone most of the festivities. Although he did try out the Habs pinata I got him. :laugh:

For me it was my eyesight. Man, it just went downhill fast.
I turned 49 in March. Doesn't feel like it really happened lol. My 30s ended with a historic flood here in Nashville, and my 40s are ending with a global pandemic. Can't wait to see what tops those in ten years... o_O

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Got up early and stained my deck. I love that feeling of accomplishment when you complete something, especially doing that because I hate doing it..
I have wood siding that has a few spots that need help because of water / rot. I have a big deck and a wood balcony that the railings need to be fixed. I had someone come over yesterday to check out for me. I will be home and they will be outside. I have to pick out a stain .

Also my outdoor faucet needs to be fixed because even though I opened it up to drain and shut off the water the pipe broke (under my deck).

It is always something.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I have wood siding that has a few spots that need help because of water / rot. I have a big deck and a wood balcony that the railings need to be fixed. I had someone come over yesterday to check out for me. I will be home and they will be outside. I have to pick out a stain .

Also my outdoor faucet needs to be fixed because even though I opened it up to drain and shut off the water the pipe broke (under my deck).

It is always something.

it is always something. I started a few other projects, clearing some land from thorns and overgrowth.

I bought honey teak made by Cabot, at Lowe’s. Looks good and the wife is happy - so I’m ecstatic.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
it is always something. I started a few other projects, clearing some land from thorns and overgrowth.

I bought honey teak made by Cabot, at Lowe’s. Looks good and the wife is happy - so I’m ecstatic.
I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be done to my home. I am NOT handy. Usually it is difficult because I work so much and am not home . Now I am working from home. I will try and get a few things done. The fixing of the decks and rotted wood was at the top of the list.

If this guy works out well I need a back splash for the kitchen and a new floor in my bathroom. ...when I feel better about having someone in my house.

Reactions: DKH

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be done to my home. I am NOT handy. Usually it is difficult because I work so much and am not home . Now I am working from home. I will try and get a few things done. The fixing of the decks and rotted wood was at the top of the list.

If this guy works out well I need a back splash for the kitchen and a new floor in my bathroom. ...when I feel better about having someone in my house.

Lots of nice weather coming, so having that deck fixed would be great. Word of mouth is a great way to find someone good and you should be able to distance safely while they work.

I’d make sure to make it clear before anyone enters your home, that you need space.

Reactions: DKH and Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad