OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVII - Fall is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I survived the night with the furry terror. He wasn’t so bad but I was pretty creeped out at how dark the backyard is late at night. Too many true crime podcasts.

Got my nails done in a light gray color for Thursday.

Hoping to pick up my dry cleaning tomorrow morning. The guy only charged me $10 for cleaning a shirt and pressing my suit coat.

The interview is 4 days away and I’m already nervous and want to puke.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I survived the night with the furry terror. He wasn’t so bad but I was pretty creeped out at how dark the backyard is late at night. Too many true crime podcasts.

Got my nails done in a light gray color for Thursday.

Hoping to pick up my dry cleaning tomorrow morning. The guy only charged me $10 for cleaning a shirt and pressing my suit coat.

The interview is 4 days away and I’m already nervous and want to puke.
You got this, no need for nerves:yo:

Love true crime pods too but I`m all over the board, listen to a ton of political pods , while I`m Canadian, just obsessed with the amount of crazy in the White House.

One of my fav crime pods is True Crime Obsessed, the hosts are too funny, you should check it out if you don`t already.

https://www.truecrimeobsessed.com/

Another pod I love is The Mortified Podcast, not a true crime pod but really funny

Reactions: Wrigley and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
You got this, no need for nerves:yo:

Love true crime pods too but I`m all over the board, listen to a ton of political pods , while I`m Canadian, just obsessed with the amount of crazy in the White House.

One of my fav crime pods is True Crime Obsessed, the hosts are too funny, you should check it out if you don`t already.

https://www.truecrimeobsessed.com/

Another pod I love is The Mortified Podcast, not a true crime pod but really funny
I love True Crime Obsessed! They are hilarious. Their latest about Susan Cox Powell was one of their best imo.

My other favorites are Killer Queens, Crime Junkie, True Crime All The Time, True Crimecast, The First Degree and Generation Why.

Outside of these, I have sports podcasts.

I try to avoid political podcasts because I don’t need the headache lol.

Reactions: Wrigley

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I love True Crime Obsessed! They are hilarious. Their latest about Susan Cox Powell was one of their best imo.

My other favorites are Killer Queens, Crime Junkie, True Crime All The Time, True Crimecast, The First Degree and Generation Why.

Outside of these, I have sports podcasts.

I try to avoid political podcasts because I don’t need the headache lol.
That was funny, give these guys a listen, two comedians who take a look at both Sports Figures who have found themselves in trouble with the law on one of their pods then another which focuses on small town murders

SHUT UP AND GIVE ME MURDER!

Reactions: Wrigley and Alicat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Same for people. Too many crooks in the drug industry. The most expensive is the vetmedin for his heart. I have found a few places where it isn't as expensive but it is still nuts.

I found out at the end of Dec. that he had heart disease was afraid to leave him with a pet sitter. I finally was going out on a schooner in August so I had the pet sitter come over and she was OK with giving him the meds. She told me cats can be very difficult but he was good. I was pleased.

My insurance pays for it but there is one med I take that a 30 day supply would be $350 - In Montreal it cost $25

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Please check the manufacture location of any Medications you take.

They are finding that certain common medications are being created in India & China on the cheap have a problem in their manufacturing process. Lots of meds can have carcinogens in them as an unexpected byproduct of their creation method. Carcinogens can cause cancer.

Is Your Generic Medication Made In China and Is It Safe? - The Skeptical Cardiologist

This article is a year old, but it lays out the problem. Every 6 months the FDA is issuing recalls or warnings on more carcinogen risk medications. The list just keeps getting longer every year.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Please check the manufacture location of any Medications you take.

They are finding that certain common medications are being created in India & China on the cheap have a problem in their manufacturing process. Lots of meds can have carcinogens in them as an unexpected byproduct of their creation method. Carcinogens can cause cancer.

Is Your Generic Medication Made In China and Is It Safe? - The Skeptical Cardiologist

This article is a year old, but it lays out the problem. Every 6 months the FDA is issuing recalls or warnings on more carcinogen risk medications. The list just keeps getting longer every year.

The whole industry is corrupt. It’s disgusting because it’s led many people to financial ruin

Reactions: Spooner st

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Get to work am told no one has spoken to my manager buddy call him 3 times direct to voice mail

While Im at work get a call from a friends X Wife apparently he has been missing since Thursdsay. Make some inquiries and another friend said they talked last night and hes in a bad state of mind. Bad state of mind or not his family and x wife are looking for him. IF he is ok he should tell them. He has a son who depends on him too.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Get to work am told no one has spoken to my manager buddy call him 3 times direct to voice mail

While Im at work get a call from a friends X Wife apparently he has been missing since Thursdsay. Make some inquiries and another friend said they talked last night and hes in a bad state of mind. Bad state of mind or not his family and x wife are looking for him. IF he is ok he should tell them. He has a son who depends on him too.
yikes...I hope he gets help.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
yikes...I hope he gets help.

Also woke up to another friend posting about relapsing is an option for addicts. Better not be for him. Hes been strong since his father passed away but some days are harder than others.

Other dude IDK guess his dog died and other stuff has happened so hes in a bad spot............dont know I cant do much from where I am.....

those 2 needa get their heads together

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The 2020 Laver Cup is being held at TD Garden.

Well, at least I’ll get one more Jeopardy! clue correct thanks to that Google search.

The games take place the weekend (and Friday) of September 25-27. Training camp 2020 probably starts off-ice in 9/10, with on ice practices from 9/11-9/13. We usually have one weekend preseason game, which would have to be 9/19-9/20. A game on 9/13 is possible, too - but we usually do t start that bright and early.

Of course, they could toss a home game to a Providence. Nothing would make STHs happier than to dump a preseason game.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Well, at least I’ll get one more Jeopardy! clue correct thanks to that Google search.

The games take place the weekend (and Friday) of September 25-27. Training camp 2020 probably starts off-ice in 9/10, with on ice practices from 9/11-9/13. We usually have one weekend preseason game, which would have to be 9/19-9/20. A game on 9/13 is possible, too - but we usually do t start that bright and early.

Of course, they could toss a home game to a Providence. Nothing would make STHs happier than to dump a preseason game.

Or go to China again :cry:

Reactions: talkinaway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I need good thoughts for tomorrow as this doc needs to sign off on me going back to work

70664180_720019048460956_2268805328671866880_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad