OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It’s sad. Great cities like Seattle are having the same issues as well.

I have a friend who lives there and he told me that his wife has to look out her office window at a camp every day (and she works in a municipal building)

I thought San Francisco was bad until I saw Seattle.

Seattle has the burden of people heading there from Idaho, Montana and Alaska.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My time as an unemployed member of society will officially end Monday morning at 8am when I report to my first day of my new job!

More money in paycheck AND 100% employer paid benefits. Health, dental, vision, life. if I want to add my youngest, I have to pay for her, but other than that, it'll cost me nothing.

and another door opened...............

:thumbu:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My time as an unemployed member of society will officially end Monday morning at 8am when I report to my first day of my new job!

More money in paycheck AND 100% employer paid benefits. Health, dental, vision, life. if I want to add my youngest, I have to pay for her, but other than that, it'll cost me nothing.
Congrats !!

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

It's disgusting. There's a documentary called Seattle is Dying that was done by a local TV station in Seattle that was very depressing to watch. Like I mentioned, my friend has lived up there for well over 20 years and has a business there as well and the stuff he told me is exactly what's in the video in the link above

Reactions: sarge88

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Wahoooo!!!!!!!!!!

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
@Seidenbergy did you make it to the Vertical horizon show last night?

Unfortunately I couldn't swing it. Forgot that tomorrow is the Toad the Wet Sprocket/Big Head Todd and the Monsters show up in Lowell....and I have a party to go to tonight. 3 nights in a row would be pushing it these days.

Did you have fun?

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Fantastic!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Unfortunately I couldn't swing it. Forgot that tomorrow is the Toad the Wet Sprocket/Big Head Todd and the Monsters show up in Lowell....and I have a party to go to tonight. 3 nights in a row would be pushing it these days.

Did you have fun?

We did. I had never been to that venue before. Kind of an off setup but somehow it works. The sound in that room is great.

Went to dinner in the North End first at Panza. Was a good time all around.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Woooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :vhappy:

Reactions: rfournier103

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

as do we, with the addition of California. There are so many mentally ill people on the streets around here that I do not go downtown without carrying. every night in the news there is at least one story of a person being attacked by a homeless person just walking down the street.Yes, I have a few times had to firmly let some know they did not want to do what they were thinking about. My plan is to never pull it, but I will without 2nd thought if I think for half second someone is going to harm me or mine.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Sweeeeeeet, congratulations

While I`ve never really been without work, so frustrated. I overcame so many obstacles and busted my behind to gain admission to University in Halifax, did an absolute ton of research prior to determining what field of study gave me the best opportunity to gain employment within a reasonable amount of time post graduation. Spoke with tons of HR managers at various Networking events open to the public so I chose HR

Graduated in 2014, worked with a career counselor who put together what I thought was a terrific resume and portfolio, I did everything she suggested, bang on doors, talk to anyone and everyone just to get my foot in the door, even offered to volunteer at various places just to gain experience in my field.

Last count, over the past 5 years, have submitted over 4,000 resumes and have had one telephone interview. While I`ll always be grateful to have a job in the Hospitality field, I didn`t work so hard at University to still be in the Food and Bev field, still can`t get over the frustration of holding onto a degree and not have anything close to a career in HR.

I know I`m far from the only grad not working in their field but still so frustrating when I`ve done so much and followed the suggestions of so many in trying to get into HR. My expectations have been reasonable, never thought I`d start in anything other than an entry level position and haven`t been able to snag even that, it`s gotten to the point where I haven`t submitted one resume to a company looking for anyone in HR, just sucked the life outta me when it comes to a search in the field.

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Sweeeeeeet, congratulations

While I`ve never really been without work, so frustrated. I overcame so many obstacles and busted my behind to gain admission to University in Halifax, did an absolute ton of research prior to determining what field of study gave me the best opportunity to gain employment within a reasonable amount of time post graduation. Spoke with tons of HR managers at various Networking events open to the public so I chose HR

Graduated in 2014, worked with a career counselor who put together what I thought was a terrific resume and portfolio, I did everything she suggested, bang on doors, talk to anyone and everyone just to get my foot in the door, even offered to volunteer at various places just to gain experience in my field.

Last count, over the past 5 years, have submitted over 4,000 resumes and have had one telephone interview. While I`ll always be grateful to have a job in the Hospitality field, I didn`t work so hard at University to still be in the Food and Bev field, still can`t get over the frustration of holding onto a degree and not have anything close to a career in HR.

I know I`m far from the only grad not working in their field but still so frustrating when I`ve done so much and followed the suggestions of so many in trying to get into HR. My expectations have been reasonable, never thought I`d start in anything other than an entry level position and haven`t been able to snag even that, it`s gotten to the point where I haven`t submitted one resume to a company looking for anyone in HR, just sucked the life outta me when it comes to a search in the field.

That sucks. Do they not have head-hunters up there that could do the heavy lifting for you?

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
IT has spent the last two hours working on my computer in order to get my printer to work.

I can't wait to see what issues my computer will have once the printer starts working. :help:

4:30 cannot possibly get here fast enough.

Networking printers is in my line of work and either you have a very restrictive network or your IT don't have a clue what they are doing. Two hours! Yikes.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That sucks. Do they not have head-hunters up there that could do the heavy lifting for you?
They do, one of the biggest obstacles I have is that I have been in the F and B industry for decades and many of the companies I have applied to said they don`t see the transferable skills I bring despite me being in Management and doing all kinds of recruitment, staffing and selections, payroll, scheduling etc....

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
IT has spent the last two hours working on my computer in order to get my printer to work.

I can't wait to see what issues my computer will have once the printer starts working. :help:

4:30 cannot possibly get here fast enough.

Printers are the devil. Always have been and always will be. Thankfully we don't use them as much any more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad