OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
2 plus years for me.

I don't mind if people talk about them though. Posting pictures of them OTOH....
ZsjU4Mk3SiwFy.gif

Reactions: BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
went to fanfest today in Leominster.
they had it on an effin parking lot. had to be 120 degrees on that surface. no water to buy or anything. I saw at least 3 kids down and out from dehydration.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Mine (Frodo Baggins) fetches, comes to a whistle and likes that laser toy. Frodo has 7 (instead of the usual 4) toes on his feet. He has toe and ear tuffs. He was named for a Hobbit due to his large hairy feet.
the toe and ear tufts are one of the identifying traits of the breed. They were originally created to be barn cats and the extra fur was helpful walking in the snow and ice of those Maine winters way back when. At least that's the story I've always been told about the breed.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The problem with Pat's and Geno's is that they're way out of the way of anything else. They're a tourist stop in their own right. In Center City, you can get to Steve's pretty easily. In Old City there's Sonny's (which is underrated). In South Philly near the stadiums you can get Tony Luke's. But like there's like nothing near Pat's and Geno's, which is in between. I don't get how they became so synonymous with cheesesteaks...probkably all marketing and a fake rivalry that they drummed up in the media (fun fact: the owners of Pat's, Geno's, and Tony Luke's all live in the same building and are friends. They also have a gentlemen's agreement to maintain the same prices on steaks.)

My cousin turned me on to Soho Pizza when I visited him in Philly a few times. This was several years ago, but it was definitely one of the best pizza slices I’ve ever had.

Is it still there?

Little hole in the wall near the Liberty Bell, IIRC.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Its ridiculously bad here. Our wonderful Mayor informed the entire world that overnight camping is perfectly ok. We have outright encampments.

It’s sad. Great cities like Seattle are having the same issues as well.

I have a friend who lives there and he told me that his wife has to look out her office window at a camp every day (and she works in a municipal building)

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I see I need to prep the "self-talk" lesson for my next class.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
My time as an unemployed member of society will officially end Monday morning at 8am when I report to my first day of my new job!

More money in paycheck AND 100% employer paid benefits. Health, dental, vision, life. if I want to add my youngest, I have to pay for her, but other than that, it'll cost me nothing.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
My time as an unemployed member of society will officially end Monday morning at 8am when I report to my first day of my new job!

More money in paycheck AND 100% employer paid benefits. Health, dental, vision, life. if I want to add my youngest, I have to pay for her, but other than that, it'll cost me nothing.

That is fantastic! Talk about landing on your feet and the old one door closes and another opens! Good for you

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

b7aa586cce2ad0e22a4e6857048fa048.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->