OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
This is ridiculous. Did you have them fresh? I was up in Portland last weekend to check out their art museum and I had a dark chocolate/sea salt donut that was just divine.

the tasting room at Shipyard was solid too, flights were very reasonably priced compared to other places.

I had them freshly made on a Sunday morning. They sucked.

Reactions: shoulders7

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
One of my friends has a Maine Coon. It acted more like a dog than a cat. Except when it decided to jump on the kitchen counter from the other side and scare me to death when I was trying to fill its water bowl. I did not enjoy cat-sitting :laugh:
I have a male and female tuxedo Maine coons. They literally play fetch, take their toys out of their 'toy box', greet me at the door when I come home, etc..they probably kept me sane and alive these last couple years more than I even realize.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Dude. Adoptee as well. Sent for my medical records in 1995, instead got a letter that my bio mom had written on my 16th birthday. In it, along with my 'story' as to why I was given up, she also included all of her identifying information so I could find her if I chose to.
So much going through your head right now and I bet I know every question you're asking inside your head. Feel free to PM me if rather talk there.
I'm so excited and nervous for you.

Great to hear your story, I`m going to go through the process with very low expectations, my approach is get my medical history and anything else above that is pure gravy but I`d be lying if I said I wasn`t hoping for more than just the med history. I`ll keep you posted for sure

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I was very disappointed by them. Give me Kanes all day every day.

Kane’s doesn’t make donuts. They bake full meals. Those...things, are gigantic. Used to go every thursday when i was working at downtown crossing

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Linda’s in Belmont makes a fantastic donut if no one has had them. There use to be a place down the street called Ohlin’s that I liked better but it burned down.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I worked in Portland for almost two years (about two blocks from the Art museum, interestingly enough) Holy Donuts are indeed fantastic, but they definitely have a different texture and flavor from regular donuts. I can see why some wouldn't like them, but if you accept that they are not going to taste like a sugary donut, you can enjoy them for what they are. The sea salt ones are really freaking good, but the maple bacon are tops.

If you are in Portland and want a more traditional donut experience, go to Tony's Donut's. Sugary, sweet goodness.

(Is it any wonder I'm now on a diet?) :laugh:

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I drove through Portland yesterday. What a depressing place that’s become
We didn't enjoyed at all, we were really excited for that trip for different reasons. None of them really materialized besides the oysters and the brown butter lobster rolls at Eventide.
We got there last Saturday for supper, the town was dead.
Probably all downtown at the tourist traps.

We had plan to go Bob's clam hut and have our fix for fried seafood, specially those juicy big belly clams.
What a let down from the get go. Only thing we enjoyed besides Eventide was the cheesesteak from Amato's.
So from there we decided to go to Philly and have the real thing.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
We didn't enjoyed at all, we were really excited for that trip for different reasons. None of them really materialized besides the oysters and the brown butter lobster rolls at Eventide.
We got there last Saturday for supper, the town was dead.
Probably all downtown at the tourist traps.

We had plan to go Bob's clam hut and have our fix for fried seafood, specially those juicy big belly clams.
What a let down from the get go. Only thing we enjoyed besides Eventide was the cheesesteak from Amato's.
So from there we decided to go to Philly and have the real thing.

In fairness, we were just passing through on our way to Augusta, so it wasn't like we stopped and explored the area. It just looked to me like it was a really worn down place, my wife said the same thing. My daughter who lives further north told me that there are a lot of issues there these days

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Union Square donuts are also delightful.

Sneaky under the radar spot is Donut Villa in Malden. They also make french toast with their glazed, but I have not tried that yet.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
In fairness, we were just passing through on our way to Augusta, so it wasn't like we stopped and explored the area. It just looked to me like it was a really worn down place, my wife said the same thing. My daughter who lives further north told me that there are a lot of issues there these days
We've said the same thing. It's not just old... its worn down and depressing. You try to compensate by having great food and it gets even more depressing. I mean from the coffee, donuts and just about most of the over priced food for the tourists.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Come to Nashville. We have Bonuts. :D

bonuts.jpg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My old high school friend has a Maine coon(Merlin) and hes very laid back... and loves to play 'string' :laugh:
Mine (Frodo Baggins) fetches, comes to a whistle and likes that laser toy. Frodo has 7 (instead of the usual 4) toes on his feet. He has toe and ear tuffs. He was named for a Hobbit due to his large hairy feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->