OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The wall at O'Leary's sports bar in the Copenhagen airport.

bosbar2.jpg

Shocker: A Boston bar with no Sam Adams
My son happened upon this place last year. He said it was a great place to pass the time waiting for his next flight. I'd love to see it some day.

Reactions: BMC and DKH

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Cars are definitely one of my favorite bands - next to maybe Aerosmith, perhaps the best band from Boston. My mom played lots of yacht rock (then called soft rock) in the car on the way to school, so I had heavy exposure to "Drive". By high school, I'd picked up their Greatest Hits CD - of course, not really knowing that their first album could also essentially function as a Greatest Hits album in itself.

I also love New Wave, so one of my favorites of theirs is a slightly lesser known song..."I'm Not the One". It's moody, sad, and haunting...about a 180 degree turn from the more popular "Magic" and "Shake it Up".

still listen a ton of Cars tunes in this house, took some time but Door to Door has become one of my favorite albums of theirs despite not being a huge commercial hit, just found they were experimenting with so many different genres, the title song is one of my favorites of all time

Reactions: rfournier103

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Man do I wish I live long enough to see a cure for cancer, I know it has taken members of my family and I`ll wager it`s one of the rare diseases that everyone, in one way or another has been affected by

We know that cigarettes and asbestos cause cancers. Now to identify the triggers and causes of other cancers. Pesticides? Engineered agriculture? Dairy? Alcohol? If society eliminated pesticides,many cancers may decrease,same with GMO farming,dairy and alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad