OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Actress Felicity Huffman issued this statement after she received a 14-day sentence:

I accept the court’s decision today without reservation. I have always been prepared to accept whatever punishment Judge Talwani imposed. I broke the law. I have admitted that and I pleaded guilty to this crime. There are no excuses or justifications for my actions. Period.

I would like to apologize again to my daughter, my husband, my family and the educational community for my actions. And I especially want to apologize to the students who work hard every day to get into college, and to their parents who make tremendous sacrifices supporting their children.

I have learned a lot over the last six months about my flaws as a person. My goal now is to serve the sentence that the court has given me. I look forward to doing my community service hours and making a positive impact on my community. I also plan to continue making contributions wherever I can well after those service hours are completed.

I can promise you that in the months and years to come that I will try and live a more honest life, serve as a better role model for my daughters and family and continue to contribute my time and energies wherever I am needed.

My hope now is that my family, my friends and my community will forgive me for my actions.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Are you an operating engineer, electrician, or something else?

No way in HELL would you ever get me up there. Those tower cranes are no joke.

No, I wear a white hard hat.

I work for the construction manager but am engineering steel on the job (they own the crane). It was been months in the making with submittals, RFI's, deigns, FAA permits. This crane took two other cranes to get it up. The field is working four 10 hour days so we decided to make the climb up on a Friday when the operator was not there. Took about 10 mins to climb up, all ladders

Reactions: rfournier103

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Actress Felicity Huffman issued this statement after she received a 14-day sentence:

I accept the court’s decision today without reservation. I have always been prepared to accept whatever punishment Judge Talwani imposed. I broke the law. I have admitted that and I pleaded guilty to this crime. There are no excuses or justifications for my actions. Period.

I would like to apologize again to my daughter, my husband, my family and the educational community for my actions. And I especially want to apologize to the students who work hard every day to get into college, and to their parents who make tremendous sacrifices supporting their children.

I have learned a lot over the last six months about my flaws as a person. My goal now is to serve the sentence that the court has given me. I look forward to doing my community service hours and making a positive impact on my community. I also plan to continue making contributions wherever I can well after those service hours are completed.

I can promise you that in the months and years to come that I will try and live a more honest life, serve as a better role model for my daughters and family and continue to contribute my time and energies wherever I am needed.

My hope now is that my family, my friends and my community will forgive me for my actions.

The question is, does she really mean this or is it just public relations bullspit??? I'm going with the latter but then I'm a cynic.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I'm really not that offended by what Huffman and Aunt Becky did, tbqh
As the parent of a kid who missed a perfect SAT by 10 points, had like a 4.7 GPA, was in clubs and sports, and did everything he could to actually be competitive for schools, and still got rejected by more schools than he got accepted to, yeah, I'm gonna say what she did was pretty bad because it affected other innocent peoples' lives.

That said, she sounds contrite, and I think she really is sorry. Aunt Becky on the other hand - she doesn't seem like she cares.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Excited I just bought my old man and myself Bruins tickets for Sunday December 1st when Montreal comes to the TD garden.

Loge 3, row 4.

Last Bruins game I went to was January 13th, 2001 when the Bruins hosted the NYR and the good guys won 4-1; I was in section 327 if I remember correctly. Jason Allison I think got the game winner but I was only 10 years old so hard to recall.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Amen! I hadn’t seen a couple of those guys in over 2 years. A bad day of golf beats a good day of work.

yep, 8 days a week, I understand the injuries holding back your playing time over the past two years as well. I haven`t missed too much time from the course as I`ve had numerous back issues, have a fusion surgery/procedure slated for Feb 3rd myself, still able to play but doing so taking things very easy, was instructed to take a cart every round, take nice, easy swings etc....there are a few rare players out there who can not pick a club up for long stretches and play like they play 3 times a week, I`m not one of them

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

I said it on other social media channels and I will say it here.
I was disabled at age 6 (first day of first grade). Drs. told my mother I would never learn with other kids and she should just put me "in a home". I received tutoring, but that was it. Otherwise I was mainstreamed.
Huffman trying to make allowances because she feared her child wouldn't get "a break" makes me ill. I never got ANY break....and thank God I didnt My mother was not having any of that bullshit. I wasn't babied, I wasn't treated special (by the way EVER), and my mother only expected that I could and WOULD succeed.
Put your kids in a place to fail....and they will.

I got into college on my own with no special help and graduated 3.6. When I failed college Math, again, no special treatment...had to make it up with a Science.

There is support, and then there is doing your child a disservice.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I said it on other social media channels and I will say it here.
I was disabled at age 6 (first day of first grade). Drs. told my mother I would never learn with other kids and she should just put me "in a home". I received tutoring, but that was it. Otherwise I was mainstreamed.
Huffman trying to make allowances because she feared her child wouldn't get "a break" makes me ill. I never got ANY break....and thank God I didnt My mother was not having any of that bull****. I wasn't babied, I wasn't treated special (by the way EVER), and my mother only expected that I could and WOULD succeed.
Put your kids in a place to fail....and they will.

I got into college on my own with no special help and graduated 3.6. When I failed college Math, again, no special treatment...had to make it up with a Science.

There is support, and then there is doing your child a disservice.

Amen and SO well said Kovi. I have personal experiences with such cases because my daughter is a "Special - Ed teacher and another relative is in the "SPED" field too. I hear so many stories of parents whose entitled kids stay entitled their whole lives while the their "bulldozer or snowplow" parents clear the path and obstacles for their kids their whole lives. Can't repeat any of the stories but most of those parents come from elite, big money families while inner city SPED kids get brushed aside because municipalities are concerned with the $$$.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Absolutely disgusting. HOW in this day and age of supposed "enlightenment" does a person
get a 12 year sentence for basically doing nothing seriously wrong? She was homeless ffs, which means since she had no address she's basically a citizen of "anywhere" USA! Chalk one up for the lawyers!:thumbd::madfire:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
When guitar-driven rock was being besieged by synth-driven new wave, somehow The Cars managed to be cool to both crowds.

Their debut had nearly every song find its way to radio, most of which still populate classic rock playlists.

Ocasek also produced the first Weezer album.

And for us guys, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention Ric Ocasek forever abolished the saying "She's out of my league." And they actually made their marriage work.

I don't typically get sad over celeb deaths, as I don't know them personally. But this one's a little different.

The Cars are an all time fave, so thank you Ric for the timeless songs.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I only fully dig into the Cars discography over the last couple years. They were so good. New wave/power pop masters. He left behind a ton of great stuff.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Ric Ocasek, lead singer of rock band The Cars, died Sunday in his East Side townhouse. He was 75.

The 75-year-old rocker was found in bed in his E. 19th St. townhouse by his supermodel wife, Paulina Porizkova, at about 4 p.m., police sources said.

Police do not suspect foul play, and the city medical examiner’s office will determine his cause of death, cops said.

Lead singer of The Cars, Ric Ocasek, dead at 75

XJR72HOFBVACNPINNSL7IPQTH4.jpg

Reactions: BMC and Aeroforce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad