OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Yea I was hoping they would be willing to let me come down the day before the interview so I can look at a few of the apartments I am interested in.

It is definitely something I plan to ask the recruiter when we speak likely next week to book the trip.

I'm getting ahead of myself with the other potential job as I need to make it past the phone screening.

I actually wouldn't request that.

If you got an offer, I'd negotiate a trip down to look for apartments prior to your start date as part of your package.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
185503C2-5CA6-4746-A8F9-A740BCDB4824.png

I am not looking forward to going to this appointment from Cambridge

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I actually wouldn't request that.

If you got an offer, I'd negotiate a trip down to look for apartments prior to your start date as part of your package.
Thanks, I didn't think it was appropriate to ask this as they already told me they would not offer relocation.

It is worth a shot if it gets to the point of an offer.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Typically for us its 24 hours. Fly 'em in night before. Interview. Leave after interview.

Unless its a very high/senior position.

I still have no details but I'm looking for some advice from people who have been flown in or flown someone in for an interview..

Do you typically only bring someone in for 24 hours? What if they wanted to extend their stay?

I'm only asking because 1. I waned to look at apartments and 2. I have a phone screening with another place and if they are interested in meeting me in person I was thinking I could do that while I'm down there.

Same with my company. Most interviews out of the area are done over the phone but in cases where they do bring someone in, it's for 24 hours same as @Gee Wally posted above

Reactions: Alicat

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
If anyone or knows anyone who might be interested in a position for software technical support, please PM me

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I think what she did is absolutely disgusting and it pisses me off but what she did pales in comparison to what Lori Loughlin did.

I think the sentence is appropriate for Felicity Huffman

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I think what she did is absolutely disgusting and it pisses me off but what she did pales in comparison to what Lori Loughlin did.

As long as she gets to bring her personal assistant with her for the 14 days, then it's fair

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Yeah, Lori Loughlin is so screwed. She made a bad, bad call and should've settled.

Reactions: BMC and Spooner st

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

What happened in this case is absolutely abhorrent and everything that is wrong with the justice system especially on the state level.

She should have never been jailed.

Punishment should meet the crime and not be based on race. I have no faith true reform will ever happen

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Any Maine people have any advice for cool places to eat/drink in Portland? Visiting for a couple days
I liked RiRa a lot - it's a Irish pub downstairs and a nice restaurant upstairs. I was a big fan of after dinner drinks at Gritty McDuffs - sometimes would eat dinner there, but the food's just average pub food. Timber steakhouse is expensive, but really good. You'll have to ask someone else about seafood. I don't like lobster or oysters.

incidental otter

Registered Spraint
May 27, 2015
Any Maine people have any advice for cool places to eat/drink in Portland? Visiting for a couple days

Local bar, good food: Ruski's (Little Giant across the street is also good, but more upscale)
Bar/Restaurant with best view: Luke's Lobster
Great Pan-Asian noodles: Honeypaw
Upscale, $$$ No Issue: Fore Street
Cocktails: Blyth & Burrows (Vena's Fizz House a close second)
Beer Selection: Novare Res

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

She will end up doing her 14 days in a detention center like Central Falls, RI - Federal Bureau of Prisons is not designed for 2 week sentences.

I am curious why the husband wasn't charged but whatever

Lori Loughlin had awful advisors - she first walked into Boston Federal Court like there was a red carpet there. Felicity was very respectful of the process and that helped her.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
He was really very underrated. Good songwriter, singer and performer and really seemed like a good guy (I posted here how I met him once)

Eddie Money got his start as a NYC police officer. I’ve known that for some time, but some of you might find that interesting if you didn’t know that already.

Rest easy, Officer Mahoney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->