OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not a fact. It’s your opinion. Having a brother who is a police officer who has been in situations where his life was on the line I can tell you my opinion is they deserve appreciation.

These are the deadliest jobs in America, study says

Again, it is a fact that relative to many jobs it isn’t as dangerous. Dangerous? Yes. Worthy of blind worship and boot licking? Absolutely not

I’m sure your brother is a great guy and good at his job. Many are. I’m sure he’s been in danger. He definitely deserves appreciation. I’ve never denied that. Doesn’t change the facts as a whole though.

Reactions: dabid

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
In Quebec traffic court the officer doesn't have to show up, the prosecutor just argues the police report.
Here,it's purely financial,an officer gets OT for showing up at a magistrate hearing and it is optional,some departments don't allow it. If the violator doesn't like the magistrate's decision,he can opt for a judge and then the cop will be summoned. A state trooper is assigned to the magistrate and will be present.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
You’re implying that since there were no cars on the highway that none would be merging on, that’s just now how it works. But again, whatever

I don't get this what this "argument" means at all, but considering the context, yeah, "whatever" is apropos I guess :dunno:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Just saying the job isn’t as dangerous as y’all make it out to be, sorry the facts offend. Sorry I don’t blindly worship them. I appreciate them as individuals, but guess what? Some are dicks! And they don’t deserve to be blindly worshipped “because they put their lives on the line”. Lots of people do every day. That’s my point

There’s a little ant man that I don’t like who has a saying: facts don’t care about your feelings!

You’re hilarious. Just wearing a police uniform makes you a target, but I guess your suit and tie has the same effect on people. Wondering how many roofers have been assassinated sitting in their roofing trucks

Like I said others may “put their lives on the line” but when shit goes down they cut and run while cops go the other way towards the violence or bad situation.

There are d bags in every walk of life so that’s also whatever.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Every cop I know --- local or state ---- has told me they don't even consider stopping someone for speeding if they're either within 10 mph of the limit and/or are going with the flow of traffic.

If you're driving 90+ you deserve to get stopped.
Doing 50 in a 30, you deserve to get stopped.

If you drive 60 - 65 on the highway, you're a bigger danger than those driving 75 - 80.
I have many friends that are Boston Police,including my ex. She would rarely pull over cars for minor traffic incidents because next thing is they are illegal,or no license and on and on,one pullover resulting in 4 hours of paperwork. She was working C11 in Dorchester. My pals are the same,they will stop cars just to let them know,if it's egregious.

Reactions: sarge88

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You’re hilarious. Just wearing a police uniform makes you a target, but I guess your suit and tie has the same effect on people. Wondering how many roofers have been assassinated sitting in their roofing trucks

Like I said others may “put their lives on the line” but when **** goes down they cut and run while cops go the other way towards the violence or bad situation.

There are d bags in every walk of life so that’s also whatever.

You keep citing these horrible examples and scenarios as if it changes the fact that roofers work a more dangerous job but it just doesn’t. They choose to do the job, just as roofers choose to roof

I’m working with data. You are working with stories and emotion

Reactions: dabid

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
So cops have a right to be a dick if the person they pull over doesn’t worship them, that’s not a problem at all

By the way I asked “how are you doing tonight sir” and he told me about my lane violation and then went back to the car without saying anything else. You weren’t there for the interaction so maybe shut up?
They aren't a waiter at a restaurant!

My God.

Reactions: LSCII

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You keep citing these horrible examples and scenarios as if it changes the fact that roofers work a more dangerous job but it just doesn’t. They choose to do the job, just as roofers choose to roof

I’m working with data. You are working with stories and emotion

In that case where does being a school student rank? There are more deaths in rush hour traffic than there is hang gliding....Which is more dangerous?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It's on the list over police office. Stupid right?

7. Driver/sales workers and truck drivers

Truck Drivers absolutely work a more dangerous job. Sleepless nights on the road, very easy to kill somebody or yourself. That’s why many do amphetamines

Sorry facts don’t care about your feelings Lou!

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Genuine question @CDJ, if the police officer wasn't such a "****" would you still be challenging the ticket?
I appreciate it can be frustrating to get fined for something as innocuous as driving in the left lane on an empty highway and I can certainly appreciate the absolute anger when someone rubs you the wrong way but if there is one thing I've learnt in life it is to pick your battles.

From what I gather (and correct me if I'm wrong) but you are only challenging this to try and somehow get back at this police officer but the reality is that if you were in the wrong then you will most likely loose and even if you do win I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that it's gonna be no skin off the police officers nose either way.

If I can offer some advice it would be to draw a line under it and move on and spend the time that you would have spent challenging the ticket instead doing something that you enjoy. The reward from that will be much greater than anything you can hope to achieve by trying to appease your negative feelings of anger and revenge.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Man this place devolved into a shit show.

I'll sum this up nice and easy and hopefully put it to bed. If you want respect, you have to give it. While some jobs may be considered dangerous, a lot of the deaths from certain jobs are due to stupidity and not the actual inherent dangers of said job. IE a truck driver not getting enough sleep is an example of being stupid over actual danger like a police officer faces with every vehicle stop. If you are a police officer, you become a target based on nothing more than your job. If you drive a truck and don't sleep, and take pills to make your deadline, you're an idiot that is endangering innocent lives because you suck. So lumping all that together is a tad disingenuous to me, but whatever.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Genuine question @CDJ, if the police officer wasn't such a "****" would you still be challenging the ticket?
I appreciate it can be frustrating to get fined for something as innocuous as driving in the left lane on an empty highway and I can certainly appreciate the absolute anger when someone rubs you the wrong way but if there is one thing I've learnt in life it is to pick your battles.

From what I gather (and correct me if I'm wrong) but you are only challenging this to try and somehow get back at this police officer but the reality is that if you were in the wrong then you will most likely loose and even if you do win I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that it's gonna be no skin off the police officers nose either way.

If I can offer some advice it would be to draw a line under it and move on and spend the time that you would have spent challenging the ticket instead doing something that you enjoy. The reward from that will be much greater than anything you can hope to achieve by trying to appease your negative feelings of anger and revenge.

Words of wisdom right there

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I disagree that that is what is happening here.

Nothing that I have seen CDJ write is factually incorrect like 2+2 = 5 would be.
If we look at facts...

Except for the fact that firefighters is not a more dangerous job than policemen.
But that was probably deleted before you saw it.

And for the fact that it is the law that left lane is for passing, with or without traffic, with or without cars.

Reactions: Chief Nine

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Got a left lane violation ticket for driving in the left lane past a series of entrance ramps on an empty highway

I could pay that but I’m taking the cop to court out of spite. **** that guy

I would be fuming. I dont leave the left lane ever, on rt 2 and rt 290. its on ramp after on ramp.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad