OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If we look at facts...

Except for the fact that firefighters is not a more dangerous job than policemen.
But that was probably deleted before you saw it.

And for the fact that it is the law that left lane is for passing, with or without traffic, with or without cars.

You’re right firefighter isn’t! My bad! But landscaper is! It’s a great thing that does nothing to impact my point either way and that rubber must taste great!

Reactions: TD Charlie

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Also- I can see how left lane only for passing would work in canada- becasue highway traffic has to merge to onramps there . its called right of way. That would never work here, becasue people drive like its a competition here. Also- most of the onramps around here dont give much room for merging and they have you go around in a circle before gettting up to 80 mph.

Left lane is always safest around these parts

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
If we look at facts...

Except for the fact that firefighters is not a more dangerous job than policemen.
But that was probably deleted before you saw it.

And for the fact that it is the law that left lane is for passing, with or without traffic, with or without cars.
Yes, that's the letter of the law. The letter of the law also says not to drive above the posted speed limit. Why is one more important to strictly obey? I don't have any idea what the interaction between CDJ and the police officer was, or if the description that it was truly an "empty highway" is completely accurate. What I do know is that if he was not impeding anyone, and wasn't causing an issue to anyone, pulling him over to give him a ticket for driving in the left lane is a dick move. Regardless of any argument about which occupation is more dangerous, it was a dick move. Also don't have any idea if CDJ was snarky to the officer. If he was, he earned the ticket.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
You’re operating under assumptions, I’m operating under the very real fact that there is a possibility somebody could merge onto a wide open highway. Why not give that person that could come on space when I’m not impeding anybody

Whatever, I’m not arguing this anymore

I would have done the same thing, especially if it’s a series of ramps with short runway, or blind spots/trees

I’ve screamed more times than i can count at people who refuse to move over a lane to allow a merge.

This is a stupid ticket. A ticket for the sake of issuing a ticket. Very easily could’ve been a warning, or really nothing at all

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes, that's the letter of the law. The letter of the law also says not to drive above the posted speed limit. Why is one more important to strictly obey? I don't have any idea what the interaction between CDJ and the police officer was, or if the description that it was truly an "empty highway" is completely accurate. What I do know is that if he was not impeding anyone, and wasn't causing an issue to anyone, pulling him over to give him a ticket for driving in the left lane is a dick move. Regardless of any argument about which occupation is more dangerous, it was a dick move. Also don't have any idea if CDJ was snarky to the officer. If he was, he earned the ticket.

I thanked him when he gave me the paperwork and told him to have a good night lol. I wouldn’t dare be snarky, that’s a quick way to a guaranteed ticket. I’m an idiot, I’m not stupid ;)

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Anyone else think Tuesday is the most bland day of the week?

Monday - Everyone's pissed off. Time to go back to work/school miserable.

Wednesday - Hump day. Halfway through
Thursday - One more day
Friday - It's here. Get through it and it's time for the weekend
Saturday - Paradise
Sunday - Paradise in the morning and then after about 3:00, you start dreading Monday the next day

Tuesday is just there. Am I really overthinking something that means nothing?

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Well we did learn that my paper salesman that drive around selling paper have more dangerous jobs then cops. It's the statistics! Just like WAR were Mike Minor is better than Justin Verlander and Jacob DeGrom

An issue is that not all cops have the same experiences. Like we hear police officer and you think it's some kind of NYPD Blue shit every day, but if you're just some local cop in Vermont you're driving around doing nothing half the day or sitting in the office filling out paperwork. And there are way more of those office cops than downtown Chicago homicide detectives out there, which explains the statistics.

Reactions: CDJ

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Since I don't feel like forking over a $1 to the globe to be able to read it can you clarify how Davios is to blame?
They bought Doyle's for their liquor license so they can use it in their new fancy, overpriced Seaport restaurant.

Go raid someone else's neighborhood.

I grew up going here and the food and drink are awesome as is the neighborhood feel it still has.

Judging by the reaction, I won't be shocked if this gets blocked.

Never piss off someone from JP.

Reactions: Fenian24

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Anyone else think Tuesday is the most bland day of the week?

Monday - Everyone's pissed off. Time to go back to work/school miserable.

Wednesday - Hump day. Halfway through
Thursday - One more day
Friday - It's here. Get through it and it's time for the weekend
Saturday - Paradise
Sunday - Paradise in the morning and then after about 3:00, you start dreading Monday the next day

Tuesday is just there. Am I really overthinking something that means nothing?

It's true. At least during hockey season, we almost always have a Tuesday game to watch. Outside of that, I used to look forward to America's Got Talent, but the show has really gone to hell the last few years.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
They bought Doyle's for their liquor license so they can use it in their new fancy, overpriced Seaport restaurant.

Go raid someone else's neighborhood.

I grew up going here and the food and drink are awesome as is the neighborhood feel it still has.

Judging by the reaction, I won't be shocked if this gets blocked.

Never piss off someone from JP.
Then you must know more than that article. I just got a copy of it and I read that the property value is just to high and Burke can't afford it. He decided to sell.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
An issue is that not all cops have the same experiences. Like we hear police officer and you think it's some kind of NYPD Blue **** every day, but if you're just some local cop in Vermont you're driving around doing nothing half the day or sitting in the office filling out paperwork. And there are way more of those office cops than downtown Chicago homicide detectives out there, which explains the statistics.

My point was you are a target 24/7. Also, every domestic, every traffic stop, every warrant is a chance that to me is greater than salesmen but what do I know. Plus, all those other jobs shut down in bad conditions, bad weather, bad anything and the deaths are results of accidents in most cases, you don't have that whole other segment of you know, people actually trying to cause you harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad