OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Like I said, series of entrance ramps where I’m making it so people don’t have to worry about me while I merge. 0 cars on the road

Also they do not put their life on the line every day, if you want to say they do then landscapers do because they die at a much higher rate

Thank you to landscapers for their service

Question: If there are 0 cars on the road, why are you not in the other lane as the law states? Assuming this is a 2 lane road and nobody's coming up the on ramps there's nobody that's worried about you in the right lane, isn't there?

Oh and your landscaper comparison? Any time a law enforcement officer puts on the uniform and reports for duty, they're putting their life on the line. So are firefighters and they don't get called to put out fires every day...

Landscapers don't typically have the potential to get shot at, assaulted, burned, or smoke inhalation in the course of their careers...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Question: If there are 0 cars on the road, why are you not in the other lane as the law states? Assuming this is a 2 lane road and nobody's coming up the on ramps there's nobody that's worried about you in the right lane, isn't there?

Oh and your landscaper comparison? Any time a law enforcement officer puts on the uniform and reports for duty, they're putting their life on the line. So are firefighters and they don't get called to put out fires every day...

Landscapers don't typically have the potential to get shot at, assaulted, burned, or smoke inhalation in the course of their careers...

The answer to your question is in the post you were quoting

Police officer is the 18th most dangerous job in the United States. People who check waste water tanks working much more dangerous job and they do. Roofers work a much more dangerous job than they do It’s just a fact, it might make you sad but it is what it is

I’m not going to be a bootlicker just because somebody is a police officer. I appreciate what they do just as I appreciate most professions.... they are not on a pedestal

And buddy i used to knock doors for a living, I bet I’ve had more guns pulled on me than most police officers

Last edited:
Reactions: TD Charlie

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Police officer is the 18th most dangerous job in the United States. People who check waste water tanks working much more dangerous job and they do. Roofers work a much more dangerous job than they do It’s just a fact, it might make you sad but it is what it is

I’m not going to be a bootlicker just because somebody is a police officer. I appreciate what they do just as I appreciate most professions.... they are not on a pedestal

I never said they were and I don't give a damn about accident statistics. I'm not downplaying the hazards of some professions at all. I have tons of respect for people who go up on roofs for starters but I sure as hell don't worship them and there's plenty of cops that are flat out jerks.

I get up every morning and go to work and I'm well aware that I might not make it there or back home again for a variety of reasons.

My point was most jobs don't have the potential to have people shoot at them.

Again, if there were no cars on the road, why be in the left lane???

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I never said they were and I don't give a damn about accident statistics. I'm not downplaying the hazards of some professions at all. I have tons of respect for people who go up on roofs for starters but I sure as hell don't worship them and there's plenty of cops that are flat out jerks.

I get up every morning and go to work and I'm well aware that I might not make it there or back home again for a variety of reasons.

My point was most jobs don't have the potential to have people shoot at them.

Again, if there were no cars on the road, why be in the left lane???

Again, read the First sentence of the post you quoted. Series of entrance ramps. I didn’t want them to have to worry about merging if somebody was coming on

My point is a lot of people put their life on the line every day for society to function properly but they don’t get nearly the same amount of blind worship

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Again, read the First sentence of the post you quoted. Series of entrance ramps. I didn’t want them to have to worry about merging if somebody was coming on

Again, you said there were 0 cars on the road. The assumption is there are 0 cars coming on the road as well...

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Like I said, series of entrance ramps where I’m making it so people don’t have to worry about me while I merge. 0 cars on the road

Also they do not put their life on the line every day, if you want to say they do then landscapers do because they die at a much higher rate. I guarantee they will drop the lane violation

Thank you to landscapers for their service
Here's the 2018 most dangerous jobs in America.
The 34 most dangerous jobs in America

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Again, you said there were 0 cars on the road. The assumption is there are 0 cars coming on the road as well...

You’re operating under assumptions, I’m operating under the very real fact that there is a possibility somebody could merge onto a wide open highway. Why not give that person that could come on space when I’m not impeding anybody

Whatever, I’m not arguing this anymore

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The left lane is for passing, it’s the law. If you where traveling in the left lane on a mostly empty highway you deserve the ticket. Why would you do that? Just slide to the right and be a good little driver.

You do realize the trooper doesn’t need to be there; they are allowed to send a proxy. The Mass State Police always send a proxy (every day) and that proxy will be getting paid to be there. Win or lose you are going to pay a court fee, so you are just giving away money.

By all means, go stand in front of a judge who is going to find against you and resent that you wasted the courts time, no chance they don’t tag you with maximum court fees.

If I were you, I would just pay your fine and LEARN your lesson. It’s really simple, KEEP RIGHT!

Millennials ;)

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
You’re operating under assumptions, I’m operating under the very real fact that there is a possibility somebody could merge onto a wide open highway. Why not give that person that could come on space when I’m not impeding anybody

upload_2019-9-10_11-53-35.jpeg

Lol. OK so I'm assuming but you're not assuming when you're assuming cars are entering the highway.

Good talk Russ

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

That could be a good defense. Go with that and apologize and maybe they'll be lenient

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

And buddy i used to knock doors for a living, I bet I’ve had more guns pulled on me than most police officers

I wonder how many of these professions get shot at, or serve warrants or walk up to cars with tinted windows not knowing what the driver is about to do.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
When Mrs Odaat and I last rented a car in Ottawa, it came with every bell and whistle one could ask for (or not ask for in our case). While we didn`t fidget with the screen in the car, I find that having all those bloody options at our fingertips would have been a major distraction had we been the kind of couple that loves it`s gadgets

We have a 2015 Hyundai Tucson, we were asked if we wanted the touch screen when we bought it, we passed, only need A/C and heated seats thanks, the rest we can take care of

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
When Mrs Odaat and I last rented a car in Ottawa, it came with every bell and whistle one could ask for (or not ask for in our case). While we didn`t fidget with the screen in the car, I find that having all those bloody options at our fingertips would have been a major distraction had we been the kind of couple that loves it`s gadgets

We have a 2015 Hyundai Tucson, we were asked if we wanted the touch screen when we bought it, we passed, only need A/C and heated seats thanks, the rest we can take care of
With my rental I didn't have touch screen (I have touchscreen in my car) but I had those awful blind spot detectors on my mirrors and they drove me crazy. Sure they're helpful but the flashing and beeping made my anxiety go through the roof. They are a nightmare for people with ADHD.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I wonder how many of these professions get shot at, or serve warrants or walk up to cars with tinted windows not knowing what the driver is about to do.

Well for all the times they do that it’s still not more dangerous than being a commercial fisherman so :shrug:

People need roofs over their heads but I don’t see people glorifying roofers walk up the ladder each and every day they put on their uniform And go to work

Reactions: dabid

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Hey! No spoilers - I still have it on DVR! But TBH, that’s gotta be a $2K question, right? College hockey isn’t exactly a nationwide sport...

And, ironically, it’s the first J! episode I’ve recorded since Watson. I guess Alex is welcoming me....

Reactions: BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Well for all the times they do that it’s still not more dangerous than being a commercial fisherman so :shrug:

People need roofs over their heads but I don’t see people glorifying roofers walk up the ladder each and every day they put on their uniform And go to work

And if the seas are too rough they go in. If it’s too windy they don’t roof. First responders? Nope.

I agree tho don’t glorify someone who runs towards the gunfire, or someone that’s on murder scenes or like I said serve warrants or try to keep the peace.

Reactions: Chief Nine

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And if the seas are too rough they go in. If it’s too windy they don’t roof. First responders? Nope.

I agree tho don’t glorify someone who runs towards the gunfire, or someone that’s on murder scenes or like I said serve warrants or try to keep the peace.

Most of them write a few speeding tickets a day. Maybe deal with a junkie or two. Jobs a lot less sensational than you think it is.

Like I said I’ve probably had more guns pulled on me in a year and a half of doing the job I had before I got promoted than most cops have in their career. That number was 3 btw. Not a huge number

Sure you’ll get brutal tragedies like the one we had locally with Sean Gannon (an example of a great police officer btw, he helped me and a coworker out when my coworker skidded off the road in a blizzard) but for the most part it’s not like that. And brutal tragedies are just something that happen pretty much everywhere in life. It doesn’t make it any less sad, it just is what it is

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Most of them write a few speeding tickets a day. Maybe deal with a junkie or two. Jobs a lot less sensational than you think it is.

Like I said I’ve probably had more guns pulled on me in a year and a half of doing the job I had before I got promoted than most cops have in their career. That number was 3 btw. Not a huge number
The height of audacity that you are doing to compare yourself selling Sham Wows or whatever door to door vs first responders is staggering to me.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The height of audacity that you are doing to compare yourself selling Sham Wows or whatever door to door vs first responders is staggering to me.

Just saying the job isn’t as dangerous as y’all make it out to be, sorry the facts offend. Sorry I don’t blindly worship them. I appreciate them as individuals, but guess what? Some are dicks! And they don’t deserve to be blindly worshipped “because they put their lives on the line”. Lots of people do every day. That’s my point

There’s a little ant man that I don’t like who has a saying: facts don’t care about your feelings!

Reactions: dabid

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Just saying the job isn’t as dangerous as y’all make it out to be, sorry the facts offend. Sorry I don’t blindly worship them. I appreciate them as individuals

There’s a little ant man that I don’t like who has a saying: facts don’t care about your feelings!
Still doesn't excuse this comment you made about a cop or any person doing their job.

I hope my dude gets to spend less time with his friends and loved ones on the day of our court date, it’s going to make me smile knowing I took some of his finite time away from him if he’s going to take some of my finite money away from me

I’m petty

Was on 495 as well

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Still doesn't excuse this comment you made about a cop or any person doing their job.

Oh I totally stand by that statement. But again, if there’s anybody’s approval I do not care about on this website it is definitely yours. You weren’t there. Guy was a dick. It is what it is.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Just saying the job isn’t as dangerous as y’all make it out to be, sorry the facts offend. Sorry I don’t blindly worship them. I appreciate them as individuals

Not a fact. It’s your opinion. Having a brother who is a police officer who has been in situations where his life was on the line I can tell you my opinion is they deserve appreciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad