OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
My wife had a 3D baby scan done yesterday. We planned to get a second scan done after our scheduled one last week just to confirm the gender, so we booked in at a private clinic. The scan started as normal with the usual black and white 2D image but then the technician pushed some button on her scanner machine and it switched to a colour 3D image and I swear it BLEW OUR MINDS! We obviously hadn't read the small print when booking cause neither of us were expecting it, we assumed it was just going to be the usual B+W picture. It's only 22 weeks but you could see our little girl's (yes confirmed as a girl) face and hands moving and wiggling her toes, all in 3D colour. It was very emotional.

I won't post a picture of it cause at 22 weeks she still looks like a little alien and I imagine unless it's your own baby you couldn't really appreciate it. She was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen though and I can't wait to meet her.
Congrats!! That's so exciting!!!

I had a situation while pregnant with my third that caused me to have to get those once a month from 4 months to 7 months and then weekly until birth 5 weeks later. They are one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
:D

Attachments

• BCE54C62-2F66-4585-B2B2-918EB424D1BE.jpeg
    BCE54C62-2F66-4585-B2B2-918EB424D1BE.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 3

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017

I had a situation while pregnant with my third that caused me to have to get those once a month from 4 months to 7 months and then weekly until birth 5 weeks later. They are one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Definitely. I had seen some that friends had gotten of their babies and I always thought they were a bit weird but when it's your own kid it's an entirely different story. It took our breath away being able to see our girl in that much detail at only 22 weeks.

ps. Best of luck with your new job today.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Is that why when you’re treated by a doctor you’re called a “patient?” That would make sense. I’ve never been sent right in to see the doctor once in my entire life.

As the late great Tom Petty said; the waiting is the hardest part.

Good luck today.
I once waited to see a neurosurgeon for 4 hours who then canceled.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Star Wars: Spoilers ahead for both the Star Wars and MCU films

Disney has the market cornered on expanding and fleshing out universes both here and in the MCU via this streaming service. We are entering a new era in story telling.

Rise of Skywalker may salvage the sequel trilogy and improve other films in the series (Last Jedi) by filling in certain gaps similarly to how Infinity War and End Game improve Age of Ultron. Maybe they explain Snoke’s backstory. Maybe he was just a pawn that was used and or propped up by The Emperor all along.

If there ever was a time to bring back Hayden Christiansen, it’s this movie. It would also help explain his presence in the special edition of Return of the Jedi. Bring Qui Gonn back as well.

Speaking of ROTJ, I have mixed feelings on The Emperor’s return.

A New Hope, he’s just mentioned in a throw away line. Empire he appears in the hologram. Jedi, he’s a great character, but it’s not until the prequels that his character and motivations are fleshed out. I think it’s very important that Luke refers to him as Darth Sidious in Last Jedi when discussing with Rey. The Sith and Sidious are never mentioned in the OT. They were created for the prequels.

So whose series is this?

Lucas stated that the Star Wars saga was Anakin Skywalker’s story; his rise, fall, and ultimate redemption. It’s clear that in the original Star Wars (ANH), this was not the case. He’s only got about twelve minutes of screen time. It’s not until the retcon in Empire that he’s part of the bigger story.

Where I’m going with this is that I hope they don’t cheapen Anakin’s redemption at the end of ROTJ when he throws The Emperor down the elevator shaft. If The Emperor survived somehow, it completely cheapens Anakin’s sacrifice.

Now, as to Palpatine. Is this HIS story? Will we get answers to the Darth Plageius story? Are we to assume that Palpatine killed him off and created Anakin? Did Palpatine and the sith truly find the path to cheat death?

Does this make the entire 9 episode saga in fact Palpatine’s story? Is everyone else merely a part of HIS saga? Could it be that in creating Anakin, he ultimately created the lineage of Jedi who would be his undoing?

Curious to see how they end this. It feels as though Last Jedi already had its Iron Man “snap” moment with Luke offing himself. Han was offed in TFA. I’m sure Leia will have a nice moment, but it feels almost as though all the big guns have been fired.

Needless to say, I’m intrigued.

Here’s to a fall spent speculating!

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
Definitely. I had seen some that friends had gotten of their babies and I always thought they were a bit weird but when it's your own kid it's an entirely different story. It took our breath away being able to see our girl in that much detail at only 22 weeks.

ps. Best of luck with your new job today.
Thank you so much! Sitting at an urgent care waiting to get my drug screen done. Feels like it’s my first day of school lol

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

They didn't do them when I was expecting unless they suspected twins or an issue. My kid will be 40 in Oct :amazed:. I wanted a girl even though I never said that.

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
They didn't do them when I was expecting unless they suspected twins or an issue. My kid will be 40 in Oct :amazed:. I wanted a girl even though I never said that.
It’s crazy how things change. It was with my youngest who is now 21. I had an amniotic band in my placenta so we had to keep an eye on her and make sure she didn’t shove anything through it while incubating so to speak and get her out before she hit 6.5 lbs.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thank you so much! Sitting at an urgent care waiting to get my drug screen done. Feels like it’s my first day of school lol
Gotta love drug testing.

I was so freaked out on mine because I was dreading having to explain my situation if a false positive came up. I'm pretty upfront with people I know but explaining things to a new employer was terrifying.

After all the worrying, I didn't even flag as a false positive.

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
Gotta love drug testing.

I was so freaked out on mine because I was dreading having to explain my situation if a false positive came up. I'm pretty upfront with people I know but explaining things to a new employer was terrifying.

After all the worrying, I didn't even flag as a false positive.
I’m right there with you. Should be fine, but ya never know sometimes. The construction company I got a job at has govt contracts so it’s required, even for office workers.

Reactions: Alicat

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Star Wars: Spoilers ahead for both the Star Wars and MCU films

Disney has the market cornered on expanding and fleshing out universes both here and in the MCU via this streaming service. We are entering a new era in story telling.

Rise of Skywalker may salvage the sequel trilogy and improve other films in the series (Last Jedi) by filling in certain gaps similarly to how Infinity War and End Game improve Age of Ultron. Maybe they explain Snoke’s backstory. Maybe he was just a pawn that was used and or propped up by The Emperor all along.

If there ever was a time to bring back Hayden Christiansen, it’s this movie. It would also help explain his presence in the special edition of Return of the Jedi. Bring Qui Gonn back as well.

Speaking of ROTJ, I have mixed feelings on The Emperor’s return.

A New Hope, he’s just mentioned in a throw away line. Empire he appears in the hologram. Jedi, he’s a great character, but it’s not until the prequels that his character and motivations are fleshed out. I think it’s very important that Luke refers to him as Darth Sidious in Last Jedi when discussing with Rey. The Sith and Sidious are never mentioned in the OT. They were created for the prequels.

So whose series is this?

Lucas stated that the Star Wars saga was Anakin Skywalker’s story; his rise, fall, and ultimate redemption. It’s clear that in the original Star Wars (ANH), this was not the case. He’s only got about twelve minutes of screen time. It’s not until the retcon in Empire that he’s part of the bigger story.

Where I’m going with this is that I hope they don’t cheapen Anakin’s redemption at the end of ROTJ when he throws The Emperor down the elevator shaft. If The Emperor survived somehow, it completely cheapens Anakin’s sacrifice.

Now, as to Palpatine. Is this HIS story? Will we get answers to the Darth Plageius story? Are we to assume that Palpatine killed him off and created Anakin? Did Palpatine and the sith truly find the path to cheat death?

Does this make the entire 9 episode saga in fact Palpatine’s story? Is everyone else merely a part of HIS saga? Could it be that in creating Anakin, he ultimately created the lineage of Jedi who would be his undoing?

Curious to see how they end this. It feels as though Last Jedi already had its Iron Man “snap” moment with Luke offing himself. Han was offed in TFA. I’m sure Leia will have a nice moment, but it feels almost as though all the big guns have been fired.

Needless to say, I’m intrigued.

Here’s to a fall spent speculating!

Rey was created in the Jakku Observatory and is goin to the dark side...The Christensen force ghost appears and helps Kylo Ren and an alive Luke Skywalker defeat her and the Emperor.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
If your eyes would ok you would see that label said tuna fish, and the only living creature that should ever ingest that is a cat.
I love tuna. Raw, seared, cooked, even in a can with olive oil.
A little mayo, some kalamata olives sliced, fresh black pepper and some seasoning salt on 2 toasted and buttered slice of bread. ooh yeah Come to papa.:DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad