OT: Off Topic 2019 part XI- how do I Oobah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Got sent "home" from work yesterday because of the threat of severe weather. So I worked from my hotel room yesterday afternoon and evening. Had one hell of a downpour and wind during the night, but nothing more than that. I did think about tornadoes though.
Glad they were looking out for you!

They said the conditions reminded them of April 2011 when Tuscaloosa, AL got hit by an EF4.

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Been watching the tornado coverage from Oklahoma and they are absolutely breathtaking yet terrifying.
OKC metro didn't get much besides rain and lightning. They over-hyped this one for sure, but always better to be safe than dead. Sirens where I live went off at 0415 this morning, but were turned off 10 minutes later. That repeated once more 30 minutes later. Night tornadoes are no joke since the storm chasers can't see them very well.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
OKC metro didn't get much besides rain and lightning. They over-hyped this one for sure, but always better to be safe than dead. Sirens where I live went off at 0415 this morning, but were turned off 10 minutes later. That repeated once more 30 minutes later. Night tornadoes are no joke since the storm chasers can't see them very well.
That is what the weather channel was driving home last night. They admitted that the storms may not be as bad once they got to OKC but given past history, they can't dismiss anything.

I'm glad things weren't as bad as they could have been.

They are fascinating but I've heard sirens once and I hope I never have to hear them again.

Reactions: BMC and Lockheed

TrashPanda

Feb 24, 2019
I don't disagree, I think the outcomes were bittersweet like GRRM indicated they would be, but the way they carried them out was so awkward, almost to the point of being saccharine, when even a little bit of depth would have landed a different way.

I came away thinking that all it was missing was the 80's style epilogue montage.

Ahh the Internet.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Only 33 and I was called grandpa at work for listening to Tears for Fears
I often wonder what the next driver of my rental cars thinks of my Sirius presets when they first get in: 80s on 8, Hair Nation, Prime Country, NHL Network, Pearl Jam Radio. They must think several different people just added one or two. but no, that's what I listen to. Sometimes First Wave too. 80s synth pop is such a part of my upbringing, it still moves me.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I burned the pancakes I was trying to make for dinner :(

I need a bigger frying pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad