OT: Off Topic 2019 part XI- how do I Oobah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Planning a kitchen remodel - farmhouse style - I live in an actual 1859 farmhouse. The kitchen isn’t original to that date, but it might as well be. Starting from scratch except for newer fridge & dishwasher.

Do’s & Dont’s, anyone?

TIA

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Planning a kitchen remodel - farmhouse style - I live in an actual 1859 farmhouse. The kitchen isn’t original to that date, but it might as well be. Starting from scratch except for newer fridge & dishwasher.

Do’s & Dont’s, anyone?

TIA

Don’t do it? :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Watch Deadwood.

Ftw

Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Sopranos and Mad Men are all shows I watched the first season of and then just lost interest in.
yet somehow loved Carnivalle, American Gods and Penny Dreadful.

If you're going to binge watch something - I would suggest Community, Archer or The Expanse.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I like a well written sitcom. There seem to be a lot of bad ones.

Superstore is excellent, though.

Right now I’m reading the oral biography of Jane’s Addiction. Good stuff.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Guess I should watch more tv.

I watch maybe 6 hours a week. 8 on a lazy week.

*not counting hockey in that

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Been watching the tornado coverage from Oklahoma and they are absolutely breathtaking yet terrifying.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Never watched GOT but HBO has some great programming

Sopranos
The Wire
Entrouage
Vice Principals
Ballers
Silicon Valley
Special with James Gandolfini about PTSD
Special on Robin Williams life

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Do’s & Dont’s, anyone?

TIA

Plan on it taking longer than planned.

We did ours a couple of years ago. Sucked during the process but we agreed worth it in the end.

This was our end result.

2EBE07FB-FBDB-4FE0-9BEC-0B742761F0E5.jpeg

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Never watched GOT but HBO has some great programming

Sopranos
The Wire
Entrouage
Vice Principals
Ballers
Silicon Valley
Special with James Gandolfini about PTSD
Special on Robin Williams life

they have chernobyl too. heard that was pretty good.

i also liked the show veep but dont remembercwhich channel it was on. last i watched it was at least 2 years ago.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Plan on it taking longer than planned.

We did ours a couple of years ago. Sucked during the process but we agreed worth it in the end.

This was our end result.

View attachment 229635
Very nice!
I *think* I'm prepared for the suckage. We shall see.
Also we've worked with the contractor before on a few (big) projects, so I feel comfortable with their scheduling abilities. But I know to expect snags!

thanks!

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Very nice!
I *think* I'm prepared for the suckage. We shall see.
Also we've worked with the contractor before on a few (big) projects, so I feel comfortable with their scheduling abilities. But I know to expect snags!

thanks!
Snags aside, one of the most valuable features for me would be to have the exhausts from the range hood and from microwave to go outside. "Filtering" options do not do jack squat.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Has anyone seen those videos of former NHLer Billy Tibbetts going around now? I won't link to them here bc they're nsfw due to language and drug use, but holy shit is that guy insane!! If you haven't seen them, get on it asap. Hilarious.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Has anyone seen those videos of former NHLer Billy Tibbetts going around now? I won't link to them here bc they're nsfw due to language and drug use, but holy **** is that guy insane!! If you haven't seen them, get on it asap. Hilarious.

Met him a couple times at local drinking establishments. He is certified insane, and not in a good way, in a very scary way.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Met him a couple times at local drinking establishments. He is certified insane, and not in a good way, in a very scary way.

It come through loud and clear in the videos he's posted. Guy is unhinged. Still, the videos are train wrecks you can't help but watch. Literally mesmerizing how dysfunctional his thought process is.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Been watching the tornado coverage from Oklahoma and they are absolutely breathtaking yet terrifying.
Got sent "home" from work yesterday because of the threat of severe weather. So I worked from my hotel room yesterday afternoon and evening. Had one hell of a downpour and wind during the night, but nothing more than that. I did think about tornadoes though.

Reactions: LSCII

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Do’s & Dont’s, anyone?

TIA

"Measure twice, cut once" :nod:

Reactions: sooshii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad