OT: Off Topic 2019 part VIII - Spring is just around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
In terms of local restaurant closings in Boston history, the one that absolutely hurt the most was when Hungry Herbs closed. Still miss that place to this day...

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
For my money Papa Gino's was much better than the other chains. Obviously, in any town, you're probably going to get a better product from a local mom and pop shop, but even those vary. I don't like thick pizza, or greek style, so when I'm in a town that I'm not familiar with, I'd tend to choose Papa Gino's.
We never really had one nearby growing up, so I guess I wouldn't know.

Reactions: sarge88

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
56266D68-9439-450E-B695-C9D72F7206A8.jpeg
Geez, some of you guys and gals are older than dirt!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Yokens was always our go to spot after a day at water country.

What a bizarre place.

Reactions: Fenway

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I ****ing hate that thing. And Cape Cod is a ****ing tourist trap now. You guys should have seen it 35-40 years ago, you could actually see the ocean from the road. Now you can't see a ****ing thing because of all of the condos on the beaches :rant:
Last time for me was, probably, a decade ago. Beach condos are now everywhere. I live in a rural area and the developers manage to put 10 houses on a lot the size of my property. There are literally hundreds of acres of land open, yet they just maximize the return... And people are buying.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Last time for me was, probably, a decade ago. Beach condos are now everywhere. I live in a rural area and the developers manage to put 10 houses on a lot the size of my property. There are literally hundreds of acres of land open, yet they just maximize the return... And people are buying.

It's too bad, Cape Cod was a beautiful place but no more, except for the National Seashore area where they can't build

Reactions: rfournier103

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Off topic from the bruins but still related to hockey the manchster echl team is rumored to fold

The Monarchs were never going to survive after they got demoted from the AHL to the ECHL. Honestly the quality of hockey is probably better at UNH than an ECHL game, the Kings swapping AHL and ECHL affiliates killed the market.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
The Monarchs were never going to survive after they got demoted from the AHL to the ECHL. Honestly the quality of hockey is probably better at UNH than an ECHL game, the Kings swapping AHL and ECHL affiliates killed the market.
The Ahl team had the best attendance in the area for a non bruins affiliate

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
It's too bad, Cape Cod was a beautiful place but no more, except for the National Seashore area where they can't build

It’s still beautiful, it’s just different. But it’s like that everywhere. Build, build, build.

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Ahl team had some of the best attendance in the area for a non bruins affiliate
Yeah, it was a massive success. Which is why the AHL f***ed up the western relocation so badly.

I get why the Kings want to have their top prospects in Ontario because in case of an emergency callup, they don't have to fly cross-country. But the AHL should've brokered deals and kept the successful AHL markets like Manchester in the league. One of Bridgeport/Hartford/Providence really should've been moved to Manchester, because the arena is decent and the location is good.

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I ****ing hate that thing. And Cape Cod is a ****ing tourist trap now. You guys should have seen it 35-40 years ago, you could actually see the ocean from the road. Now you can't see a ****ing thing because of all of the condos on the beaches :rant:
@dabid told me he's seen a lot of great sights in Provincetown

Reactions: Scruffy and dabid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad