OT: Off Topic 2019 part VIII - Spring is just around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
FYI:

Facebook and Instagram are having server issues worldwide for those who have 1 or both.....
the horror... :)

they made a few changes to business pages this week which are gross. I do social media management as work.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
That is really tough. And it truly shows strength, resolve, and character to understand his struggles and come to accept and love someone with all their flaws. I mean, we all know we should do that but it's much easier said than done. I'm very happy to read that you're emotionally healthy about it. That's just fantastic.

and love our own flawed-selves as well in that process.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
the horror... :)

they made a few changes to business pages this week which are gross. I do social media management as work.

I got into Toronto late this morning and I thought I was having issues with a Canadian telecom provider - Then I got on the train downtown and everybody was looking at their phones with blank looks.

Reactions: Kovi

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I got into Toronto late this morning and I thought I was having issues with a Canadian telecom provider - Then I got on the train downtown and everybody was looking at their phones with blank looks.
It's up and down at the moment. Kind of a nice breather.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Best Questions:
What is your second favorite sport? I guess football? Basketball maybe. I’m really a one trick pony

What is your favorite food? My mother’s mashed potatoes

If you could live during any historical period, what would you pick? Right now is pretty wild. My father makes the 70s sound like the Wild West for a teen though

Can you ski? Yes, pretty well too.

What are your thoughts on soccer? Every time i try to watch, nothing happens or the Revs blow a seemingly impossible lead, which is what, 2 goals in soccer? I watch the Revs postseason and us national games usually

What is the worst injury you've sustained playing hockey? First time skating with a stick i slipped back and tossed my Sherwood into the air. It hit me in the face on the way down and i swallowed a tooth. I’ve dislocated my shoulder playing street hockey, but I’ve dislocated my shoulder sleeping, driving, and getting dressed too so idk if it even counts

Who is your favorite non-Bruins player? I don’t really have one. I liked Loui until he got here. Liked Mojo but now he’s here. Honestly it might be Subban now.

If you could visit any place in the world, what would it be? I don’t fly well, and i don’t care for travelling, but if i could catch a Bruins cup final game in Nashville I’d maybe get on a plane...or drive. Probably drive.

Reactions: BMC

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I conducted an "Ask me Anything" with my students.

Best Questions:
What is your second favorite sport?
What is your favorite food?
If you could live during any historical period, what would you pick?
Can you ski?
What are your thoughts on soccer?
What is the worst injury you've sustained playing hockey?
Who is your favorite non-Bruins player?
If you could visit any place in the world, what would it be?

Soccer

Veal parm/Chicken parm

The heyday of the Big Bad Bruins

I grew up in southwestern Vermont in the 70's and skied at Bromley and Stratton, but have only skied once or twice since(hockey took over once I started prep school in central Mass).

I'm a huge soccer fan and a frequent viewer of the Premier League, Champions League, etc.

Despite wearing a cage, I took a puck(flipped, not shot) up under on the left side of my jaw, causing a small fracture and massive swelling, but no procedure was needed, just had to sit out for a few weeks.

Jack Eichel

London

Last edited:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
What is your second favorite sport? After hockey? hockey.

What is your favorite food? Chicken from the Coop Rotisserie in Amesbury, MA

If you could live during any historical period, what would you pick? The Restoration/18th Century period. The literature was amazing.

Can you ski? cross-country, but it takes some effort.

What are your thoughts on soccer
? I try not to think about soccer.

What is the worst injury you've sustained playing hockey
? The Dave Lewis Years left scars...

Who is your favorite non-Bruins player?
Craig Anderson

If you could visit any place in the world, what would it be? Monument Valley.... and Vancouver, BC

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
This is the worst part about getting older for me. No one ever wants to go to shows with me anymore, so I've just stopped going as well, which sucks. I was going alone for a bit, but that got old really fast.

Granted, I go to very loud, heavy shows so I can understand that there's zero appeal there.
If you're at the Iron Maiden show in Buffalo this August and see an old, fat, white hair estrogen-based life form ... it's me...all by myself....

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It would really piss me off in elementary school when the teacher would offer extra credit to any student wearing green on or around St. Patrick's Day because I'd come in with a green shirt/hat and then she'd give extra credit to the kid who forgot to wear green, but had green eyes, green trim on his shoes or green grass stains on his pants.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Don't you ever get tired?

I feel like after a week of traveling or something I am so worn down and just want to be home but you're always off somewhere new

Reactions: Fenway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad