OT: Off Topic 2019 part VIII - Spring is just around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I am so happy to have heat again. 3rd time and it turned out to be the sensor bar being charred up. Guy fixed it in under 15 min.

Reactions: rfournier103

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
playland-arcade.jpg
A new large hotel whould do very good business at Hampton beach it’s weird that no one has tried to build one

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Power went out here around 6:30pm. First ETR was 11pm, so I was going to hold off on running the generator. Around 9pm they changed the ETR to 2:00-3:00am, and the temp is 25 without the wind chill. House temp was down to 63 (we keep it at 65 in the winter), so I said what the f***, let’s try it.

Bought the generator and interlock kit and had the receptacle installed a few years ago, (probably cost me around $1000 for everything because I know the electrician) but of course, I hadn’t needed it before tonight. Have to say it set up pretty easy and is going smooth. The nice thing about the interlock is it lets you use the whole panel and you don’t have to choose 5/6 circuits like with a Gentran unit.

Hoping the power is restored earlier as I don’t want to leave the generator going outside and go to bed. The wife is sleeping peacefully already of course after I said I would stay up :laugh:

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Power went out here around 6:30pm. First ETR was 11pm, so I was going to hold off on running the generator. Around 9pm they changed the ETR to 2:00-3:00am, and the temp is 25 without the wind chill. House temp was down to 63 (we keep it at 65 in the winter), so I said what the ****, let’s try it.

Bought the generator and interlock kit and had the receptacle installed a few years ago, (probably cost me around $1000 for everything because I know the electrician) but of course, I hadn’t needed it before tonight. Have to say it set up pretty easy and is going smooth. The nice thing about the interlock is it lets you use the whole panel and you don’t have to choose 5/6 circuits like with a Gentran unit.

Hoping the power is restored earlier as I don’t want to leave the generator going outside and go to bed. The wife is sleeping peacefully already of course after I said I would stay up :laugh:
We'd set alarms for every 2 hours over night just in case someone fell asleep on duty

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Look on the bright side Joe, at least you aren't still in your office at quarter to ten.

That’s true.

When I went to bed at 2:30am, the website was still saying power restored Wednesday at noon, so I left the generator hooked up. I get up at 5am, check the outage map and there is a few spots in town listed as out, but not our area.

Go down stairs, switch the generator breaker off and throw on the main, power is on. Obviously I am happy, but already told my boss I wouldn’t be in and took a day. Not sure why the huge discrepancy in restoration time (a phone call will be made this morning). Maybe it had something to do with the town’s middle schools, Junior high and high school all being in the outage area?

My son went to bed at 8:30pm so he will be rested and I my wife and I will be dragging all day :laugh:

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Power went out here around 6:30pm. First ETR was 11pm, so I was going to hold off on running the generator. Around 9pm they changed the ETR to 2:00-3:00am, and the temp is 25 without the wind chill. House temp was down to 63 (we keep it at 65 in the winter), so I said what the ****, let’s try it.

The very first improvement to the house was the stand-by genny - my wife insisted on it. Unfortunately, cost way more than $1,000. My first inclination was to do exactly what you did - a portable, inlet and a switch box, but for my house I would have needed a genny close to 15 kW and at that point the pricing gets closer with the stand-by. The thing that pisses me off is that I can do any electrical work, but I'm not licensed in the US...

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Papa Ginos wasn't bad overall. The bread on their subs was great and the fries were great too.

@Kate08 I think Medford Sq might be closed as well. (not 100% though)

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Papa Ginos wasn't bad overall. The bread on their subs was great and the fries were great too.

@Kate08 I think Medford Sq might be closed as well. (not 100% though)

yup, their subs were good.

The pizza was meh at best. Crust was bland and too chewy. The sauce sucked, especially with all those pieces of tomato skin in it. Pizza sauce is not supposed to be chunky

Reactions: TP

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The crown jewel of Papa Ginos is their hot dogs.

****ing fight me if you disagree.

Their toasted ravioli's are another under-the-radar gem. Not as good as The Chateau, but honestly as close as you can probably get in a fast food joint.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When I went to Ann & Hope or Lechmere back in the day at Liberty Tree Mall I made a point to go in to Brigham store inside the Mall and grab a basic vanilla ice cream on a sugar cone dipped in chocolate Jimmies

That and the Eddy’s mint chocolate chip soft serve in a waffle cone at the Garden outside loge 7

It was $3.50 and was amazing - the guy would load it up and I’d give him a $5 and I was in heaven

My 2 favorite ice cream cones

The Bruins sucked and they were lucky to have 10.000 at a game but it was a great time

My row 6 aisle seats directly behind net row the Bruins shoot 2X were $63. Ice cream $3.50. Parking $7

And it was only 10 yrs ago

No bathroom lines

Reactions: Fenway

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The crown jewel of Papa Ginos is their hot dogs.

****ing fight me if you disagree.

I love their burgers as well. I like the dogs, like the pizza, like the chicken, love the burgs.

Someone else nailed it though. There are quicker, cheaper, better options out there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad