OT: Off Topic 2019 part VI - Winter is no longer coming - IT HAS ARRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
We got an air fryer from my mom last Christmas (I think - she sends us stuff all the time). We love it. Haven't made soup in it yet, but that's about the only thing we haven't tried yet.

We use the air fryer all the time. Homemade fries, wings, fried chicken, egg rolls. It's great for anything you want that crisp on.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The deep freeze happened almost instantly on the south shore. It stopped raining just after i finished shoveling, the temps dropped and a light breeze rolled through, and when i left the house about an hour later my car was covered top to bottom, front to back in ice. I tore a wiper blade today for the first time ever, and ice filled the keyhole at the girlfriends house.

Then the Patriots won the AFC championship and i went to sleep. Not a bad day.
Dude it was so bad. I had to work for a few hours, and couldn't get a lot of shoveling done in the AM before I left.

I was driving home on Rt 3, and from the time I left Sandwich, and got home, which is roughly a 45 minute drive, there was a solid layer of ice on my hood, the washer fluid ducts were frozen, and my wipers were stuck to the windshield.

I get home, and the entire driveway is rock solid ice, and I couldn't break any of it up to get it out of the driveway. I went out last night, and the entire left side of it is basically a skating rink.

Thank god it's warming up over the next few days.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
49792261_10216970501227463_7424281382693634048_n.jpg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I haven't been to a BK or McDonald's in ages but yeah I still get a craving for it sometimes. Especially BK's cheeseburgers.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
BK burger with Mcdonalds frie sounds glorious right now.

Not sure the last time I had either of those things.

It's definitely been awhile if you're still going with McD's fries over BKs. I can't remember the last time a McD fry actually tasted even remotely good. They used to be the best by far too but then they completely changed the recipe......

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It's definitely been awhile if you're still going with McD's fries over BKs. I can't remember the last time a McD fry actually tasted even remotely good. They used to be the best by far too but then they completely changed the recipe......
Definitely been awhile.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
They've changed it a number of times over the years. This is an interesting article outlining the timeline of those changes.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Ireland on my bucket list for a golf trip with my buddies, none of us are terribly into wind/rain or beer but....

If you ever do make the trip just make sure it's during the summer, you'll still most likely get rain but at least it'll be warm rain. (Although we actually had a drought last summer! Ireland was like a scene out of the Walking Dead, pink people with peeling skin roaming the streets everywhere!)
The beer is optional despite common belief.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If you ever do make the trip just make sure it's during the summer, you'll still most likely get rain but at least it'll be warm rain. (Although we actually had a drought last summer! Ireland was like a scene out of the Walking Dead, pink people with peeling skin roaming the streets everywhere!)
The beer is optional despite common belief.

haha, I always find options for the beer, rain doesn`t bother me, lived in Nfld for years, used to it, thx

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I guess my email worked because I now have a ton of sand on my walk and step and they used the bobcat and cleared almost all of the ice from the parking spots and driveway :)

My car windows are also free of ice and my windshield washer fluid isn't frozen any longer.

Life is good.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I guess my email worked because I now have a ton of sand on my walk and step and they used the bobcat and cleared almost all of the ice from the parking spots and driveway :)

My car windows are also free of ice and my windshield washer fluid isn't frozen any longer.

Life is good.

How are you feeling?

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad