OT: Off Topic 2019 part VI - Winter is no longer coming - IT HAS ARRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Despite two hours of shoveling, the sleet that followed has turned everything into a sheet of rock solid ice.

Probably won't move my car til Wednesday, because I'd need a sledgehammer to break up the end of the driveway after the plows.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Despite two hours of shoveling, the sleet that followed has turned everything into a sheet of rock solid ice.

Probably won't move my car til Wednesday, because I'd need a sledgehammer to break up the end of the driveway after the plows.

The deep freeze happened almost instantly on the south shore. It stopped raining just after i finished shoveling, the temps dropped and a light breeze rolled through, and when i left the house about an hour later my car was covered top to bottom, front to back in ice. I tore a wiper blade today for the first time ever, and ice filled the keyhole at the girlfriends house.

Then the Patriots won the AFC championship and i went to sleep. Not a bad day.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
toocold.jpg

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Have a beef ragu in the crockpot and made fried chicken sandwiches in the air fryer today. I was on the fence about buying one but got a good deal at Target. It’s a pretty cool piece of equipment.

All the kitchen appliances today!
We got an air fryer from my mom last Christmas (I think - she sends us stuff all the time). We love it. Haven't made soup in it yet, but that's about the only thing we haven't tried yet.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It really is different. Make no mistake, it's HOT, but you don't sweat your butt off like you do on hot days back east. 70 degree days in January help make up for it.

Our hope, if we get lucky, is to down size to the Cape in about 2 years. Then if we can swing it head south for a month or so in the winter.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Managed to fall while trying to scrape the ice off my passenger side window. Thankfully I've got enough fat protecting me so I'm just bruised on my left side.

I wrote a scathing email to the apartment complex office essentially telling them this isn't the first time I've fallen due to their negligence and that there better be a beaches worth of sand on my walkway and front step when I get home.

If I had the money, I'd be going after them this time.

I wish I could report them to the city but it is privately owned.

Russian judge gives the fall a 5/10.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Managed to fall while trying to scrape the ice off my passenger side window. Thankfully I've got enough fat protecting me so I'm just bruised on my left side.

I wrote a scathing email to the apartment complex office essentially telling them this isn't the first time I've fallen due to their negligence and that there better be a beaches worth of sand on my walkway and front step when I get home.

If I had the money, I'd be going after them this time.

I wish I could report them to the city but it is privately owned.

Russian judge gives the fall a 5/10.

yikes, hope your feeling better today

I watched as many friends posted pics/vids of the storm they got in Halifax over the weekend and felt even more grateful for our move to BC to the Island. While I don`t mind snow, I`ve tired of the -15 temps and shoveling, this place is for us, no snow on Christmas which is unfortunate but I haven`t even pulled a jacket out of the closet heavier than a wind breaker which I`m loving.

Be safe friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad