Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The mouse trap battle rages on

Have snapped 6, and 4 of them have been in the last 6 hours. Only have two traps left. I may have to start looking at a plastic multi use contraption if this keeps up.

Sounds like you've got an invasion going on there. Every fall I put D-Con in the basement, the field mice start looking for a winter home then. A few still get in somehow though.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Sounds like you've got an invasion going on there. Every fall I put D-Con in the basement, the field mice start looking for a winter home then. A few still get in somehow though.

Don't feel bad. Last weekend we had a young muskrat hanging out in our yard but it was gone by Sunday. I figured he might have headed back to the river until I went to take the trash out last night and I found his corpse behind the barrel. Hopefully that's the only member of the rat/beaver family that visits us...

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Don't feel bad. Last weekend we had a young muskrat hanging out in our yard but it was gone by Sunday. I figured he might have headed back to the river until I went to take the trash out last night and I found his corpse behind the barrel. Hopefully that's the only member of the rat/beaver family that visits us...

Every so often a squirrel or chipmunk will get in the attic. Fun times.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
In college, the janky heating system (with no individual controls) would be jacked up so high that I had to open the window in my third story room, even in the dead of winter. One morning, I woke up to something scurrying around on at the bottom of my bed.

giphy.gif

At the end of that year, I found multiple Oreos in the unusable fireplace behind my couch. I'm 100% sure they were my Oreos, but they were NOT placed there by me.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
8 mice. Burned through the 4 traps i bought last night. I’m on fire. Definitely stopping today to check for a better snappy trap, something easier to...unload and reset.

Also, my supervisor quit last week and she left me and the other guys her old Keurig. Her desk has become the snack and beverage station for our three man crew. I don’t drink coffee so i bought some cocoa k cups. Game changer. Hoping to cut back on some soda this way.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just returned from 18 days in Honolulu and Kauai,just saying.

must have been awful, you should take another week off work to get over the stress

Been thinking about taking a short 3-4 day swing over there seeing as it`s a quick flight from Victoria

Reactions: BMC

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Just returned from 18 days in Honolulu and Kauai,just saying.
I love Kauai. Went there a bunch when i was in the Navy. Missile testing range on the west side of the island. Did some telemetry work at the telemetry station up on Makaha ridge. Had to drive up the side of Waimea canyon to get there. Was such a beautiful view. Never got to hike or kayak the NaPali Coast though. Would love to do that someday.

Reactions: Kovi

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
8 mice. Burned through the 4 traps i bought last night. I’m on fire. Definitely stopping today to check for a better snappy trap, something easier to...unload and reset.

Also, my supervisor quit last week and she left me and the other guys her old Keurig. Her desk has become the snack and beverage station for our three man crew. I don’t drink coffee so i bought some cocoa k cups. Game changer. Hoping to cut back on some soda this way.

We had a bunch of mice last two winters, but none this winter - I guess the combination of a dog, a ferret and, apparently, a snake in the basement did the trick.

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
We had a bunch of mice last two winters, but none this winter - I guess the combination of a dog, a ferret and, apparently, a snake in the basement did the trick.

Where do you live? Remind me to never go there.

I can only assume you set your house on fire after finding a snake in your basement, so best of luck in your house hunting.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Where do you live? Remind me to never go there.

I can only assume you set your house on fire after finding a snake in your basement, so best of luck in your house hunting.
Nah, just a garter snake. My wife found that it used her hiking boots to scrape off the skin. And we like snakes. My son kept reptiles for a while, so either like them or move out. He even once brought a black widow in a bottle intentionally and we accidentally brought an egg sack of those from Mississippi, and they hatched. That's when I broke out a bottle of Raid.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Nah, just a garter snake. My wife found that it used her hiking boots to scrape off the skin. And we like snakes. My son kept reptiles for a while, so either like them or move out. He even once brought a black widow in a bottle intentionally and we accidentally brought an egg sack of those from Mississippi, and they hatched. That's when I broke out a bottle of Raid.

Scared-Cat.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

No thanks on snakes. I had a close encounter with what i believe was a corn snake a few years ago. It slithered it’s long ass into the forest bordering my yard. Hard pass on snakes

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
No thanks on snakes. I had a close encounter with what i believe was a corn snake a few years ago. It slithered it’s long ass into the forest bordering my yard. Hard pass on snakes

My only unpleasant encounter with snakes was quite a while ago while fishing in a creek. I was casting off the bank and a cottonmouth slithered between my feet into the water. On my property we just get garter snakes. Those are cute.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Screw seasonal allergies and high pollen counts. This is the worst spring in memory for it down here. I'm dyin' man LOL
I just bought a fresh pack of Zyrtec and re-started my flonase.

I also am back to wearing my glasses because of how itchy my eyes are.

Juniper is high here and wouldn't you know that is exactly what is in front of my apartment...

Feel Better!!

Reactions: Dr Hook

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I just bought a fresh pack of Zyrtec and re-started my flonase.

I also am back to wearing my glasses because of how itchy my eyes are.

Juniper is high here and wouldn't you know that is exactly what is in front of my apartment...

Feel Better!!

I'm on a similar regimen - Flonase and Allegra. Zyrtek renders me as energetic as a sloth on xanax. My peak of suffering is still about a month ahead, when black oak blooms.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm on a similar regimen - Flonase and Allegra. Zyrtek renders me as energetic as a sloth on xanax. My peak of suffering is still about a month ahead, when black oak blooms.
Claritin makes me want to sleep at my desk.

I also take Dymista (nasal steroid) at night and then do a saline rinse in the morning with distilled water.

I'll be suffering until at least June at this point.

So much for things taking their time to bloom haha

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Claritin makes me want to sleep at my desk.

I also take Dymista (nasal steroid) at night and then do a saline rinse in the morning with distilled water.

I'll be suffering until at least June at this point.

So much for things taking their time to bloom haha

Funny enough, I never had any pollen allergies except for cannabis plant (it's a common plant in Kazakhstan) until about 7-8 years ago when we had a really late, but very fast Spring in NJ. Everything bloomed pretty much at once. Boy, was I out! I actually had to take time off at work.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I feel bad for all of you suffering with allergies. Surprised to find out how many things there are in the AZ desert to be allergic to. I'm not allergic, but I still sneeze. A lot!

I also feel bad for anyone having to deal with Black Widows. Those things are nasty. Snakes I can deal with, most spiders I can deal with. Bees, I will break out the flamethrower.

Reactions: Alicat and nazartp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad