OT: Off Topic 2019 part IX - Spring is coming - REALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Cautiously optimistic about this.

I hear you. Because there's such a rich history of this character (and some aren't fans of Jack Nicholson's portrayal but either way) and given where Heath Ledger took it, this one certainly could fall flat. I don't have any qualms about Joaquim Phoenix's acting or ability to pull it off and put his own stamp on the character, and the trailer looks like he does just that, but it all really depends on the script.

The Heath Ledger Christopher Nolan combination's a tough one to top

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Holy **** man! Your twitter feed was insane yesterday!!! How cool was that???
Yah freaking amazing

I’m rewatching and in season 5 episode 5

I’m so bleeping jealous of Mike

Just sent it to my daughter who is both a big fan of GoT and Mike the live version

Reactions: EverettMike

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So I'm at work, and...

FdVRbCxHw23Wo.gif

I am so ready for the weekend.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Have an interesting proposal to mull over.

Have an offer on the table to work in a Management capacity at a golf course here. Money is good, free golf for myself and a guest all season is great and there are multiple perks at other courses out West and a few in Hawaii. The gig is only 4 days a week but longer hours and there will be nights I don`t get home until 1 am.

Working in a non-management position now, making ok money, peers and management are terrific and I have zero responsibilities other than looking after my own paperwork, no real late nights

I shall decide by 1 pm my time today, good "problems" to have

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Have an offer on the table to work in a Management capacity at a golf course here. Money is good, free golf for myself and a guest all season is great and there are multiple perks at other courses out West and a few in Hawaii. The gig is only 4 days a week but longer hours and there will be nights I don`t get home until 1 am.

Working in a non-management position now, making ok money, peers and management are terrific and I have zero responsibilities other than looking after my own paperwork, no real late nights

Take the golf gig.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

That means that someone sees what you can bring. Management is tough (I've been doing it for longer than I care to mention, but it is what it is). It's the old risk-reward deal. Good luck!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That means that someone sees what you can bring. Management is tough (I've been doing it for longer than I care to mention, but it is what it is). It's the old risk-reward deal. Good luck!
thx, yeah I worked in restaurant Management for the last decade or so and it`s many hours. This one would be a touch different in that I have a manager I report to who would do the majority of the paperwork. Essentially I would oversee, train and develop the staff the course has to work large events, essentially banquet`s so paperwork is minimal.

Hours aren`t bad, start at 5 pm and I would work every 2nd weekend so there`s that too

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad