OT: Off Topic 2019 part IX - Spring is coming - REALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Good luck getting End Game tickets for the first weekend. Got the alert, went on and all the good theatre seats were gone. I don't watch 3D so that's out.

I like Marvel movies, but I have absolutely no interest in being part of opening weekend if it means having to go to a chiropractor afterwards to realign my neck from sitting in front. Was considering skipping watching the Bruins game tonight and finally catching Captain Marvel, but all the loonies seem to have broken the AMC website and app.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I like Marvel movies, but I have absolutely no interest in being part of opening weekend if it means having to go to a chiropractor afterwards to realign my neck from sitting in front. Was considering skipping watching the Bruins game tonight and finally catching Captain Marvel, but all the loonies seem to have broken the AMC website and app.

Yep. The site crashed. Fandango is also a 90 min 'virtual" wait to get through.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Saw Captain Marvel Sunday night. I enjoyed it.

PS: Stay till the credits are over.

Last edited:
Reactions: talkinaway

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Just saw that Munster A (which is the reserve team for my rugby team here at home Munster) is traveling to Boston this week to play against the New England Free Jacks.

"MUNSTER HAVE INCLUDED a mix of senior, academy and club players in their 27-man ‘A’ squad for this week’s trip to Boston, where the southern province will play two games in the Cara Cup.

Munster ‘A’ face the New England Free Jacks, who are joining US Major League Rugby next year, at the Irish Cultural Centre in Massachusetts this Saturday, before playing Leinster ‘A’ at Union Point Sports Complex in Weymouth on Wednesday week."

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Good luck getting End Game tickets for the first weekend. Got the alert, went on and all the good theatre seats were gone. I don't watch 3D so that's out.

This one is going to easily break all the advanced-ticket records. I lucked out and managed to snag 4 just off-center tix together for one of the Sunday afternoon shows. Can't freaking wait. My son is already mapping out the Marvel marathon over the next few weeks.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
@Kate08 Fleetwood Mac was canceled for tonight.

Yeah, I know. Took them long enough to announce it. :thumbd:

I feel like this is a concert I'm just not meant to see. We were supposed to see them at Classic East a few summers ago but they were playing on the second night and my mother in law passed away so we drove home and missed night 2 of the show.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Saw Captain Marvel Sunday night. I enjoyed it.

PS: Stay till the credits are over.

I've already seen 20 other MCU movies...I'm familiar with waiting for the second credits scene, but thanks! :popcorn: I always want to scream, "Wait!" to people walking out early. Although my bladder might not make it, even for a movie as "short" as Captain Marvel - and Avengers clocks in at over 3 hours! :help:

Reactions: rfournier103

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yeah, I know. Took them long enough to announce it. :thumbd:

I feel like this is a concert I'm just not meant to see. We were supposed to see them at Classic East a few summers ago but they were playing on the second night and my mother in law passed away so we drove home and missed night 2 of the show.

Must have been a medical emergency

Reactions: BMC and Kate08

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Must have been a medical emergency

Rescheduling's going to be tough - my guess is it's unlikely to be done before April 15th. They wouldn't want to do it tomorrow...would be unfair to fans to reschedule so fast. They've got April 5, 8, 11, 13, 15 booked already, and I'm guessing that they can't do back-to-back days. With the Bruins and Celtics making the first round, I doubt they'll announce before the NHL and NBA announce their dates.

I don't know what they're up to in May, but it's an empty month for them - they basically head to Europe in June, and then a LONG tour in Australia and New Zealand. I'm sure everyone wants to reschedule - $$$.

Fleetwood Mac never really "took" for me, but...I understand their popularity. Stinks for folks who rented hotel rooms to be notified so late.

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just saw that Munster A (which is the reserve team for my rugby team here at home Munster) is traveling to Boston this week to play against the New England Free Jacks.

"MUNSTER HAVE INCLUDED a mix of senior, academy and club players in their 27-man ‘A’ squad for this week’s trip to Boston, where the southern province will play two games in the Cara Cup.

Munster ‘A’ face the New England Free Jacks, who are joining US Major League Rugby next year, at the Irish Cultural Centre in Massachusetts this Saturday, before playing Leinster ‘A’ at Union Point Sports Complex in Weymouth on Wednesday week."

If that wasn't so far from where I live, I'd go check that out. Should be a very fun match to watch. Are you planning on going? Do you or did you play rugby growing up?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The mouse trap battle rages on

Have snapped 6, and 4 of them have been in the last 6 hours. Only have two traps left. I may have to start looking at a plastic multi use contraption if this keeps up.

Reactions: BMC

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
If that wasn't so far from where I live, I'd go check that out. Should be a very fun match to watch. Are you planning on going? Do you or did you play rugby growing up?

No it would be a long and expensive journey for me to make to watch the reserve team. It's kinda cool to see that rugby is slowly gathering a little pace over there though. I knew there was a US League starting up but I didn't realise New England were going to have a team involved. That sorts out who my American rugby team is going to be. :)

I played it for a few years in my early twenties, so just over 10 years ago. It is a brutal sport physically, a bit too brutal to play as a hobby, you have to commit to it and build up sufficient muscle mass and fitness so that you can properly protect yourself. I wasn't that committed. I saw everything from leg breaks to concussion and eventually I concluded it wasn't worth seriously injuring myself for something I was doing socially and for a bit of fun so I gave it up.
Well that plus the fact I was **** at it! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad