OT: Off Topic 2018 part V - Getting older is not for the timid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Id suggest making sure they weren’t manufactured in China.
That source is notorious for lead in the stainless steel process. Some items ( water bottles, pet bowls, etc.) at toxic levels. Then trace a ounts of mercury too.
Thanks Wally! I will double check!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
46425158_10216629958595247_946765539710074880_n.jpg

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
My darling wife is going away for the weekend with her sisters leaving yours truly to his own devices. Two Bruins games, Ireland playing the US in rugby and a fridge full of beer. I feel like a single dude in my early twenties again. Must just remember to clean as I go, clean as I go, clean as I go!

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
This plus shooting down a shot. Don't understand it. Fine whiskey is to be sipped. Enjoy the flavor.
I had always been a McAllan man, as I'd discovered it when I was in Scotland on a Navy trip. Then my brother introduced me to Oban, which he tried because that where our family's Castle (now ruins) was. I'm a convert. So smooth. Love it. hate the price though.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hmmm...I'll be sure to tell his parents about that!

History for the most part.
First kids can party anywhere if thats what they are in to.

More importantly if people are paying attention UMass Amherst is much more difficult to get into now. And stay in. Supply and demand. Plus high standards.

Lastly some degrees from there carry a lot of weight now. That I vouch for personally. My oldest did 6 years there. He immediately was offered and accepted a position starting in the six figures for Dept of Energy at Livermore Labs.

So its what you make of it. And that place is no where near what it was even say 10 years ago.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

More importantly if people are paying attention UMass Amherst is much more difficult to get into now. And stay in. Supply and demand. Plus high standards.

Lastly some degrees from there carry a lot of weight now. That I vouch for personally. My oldest did 6 years there. He immediately was offered and accepted a position starting in the six figures for Dept of Energy at Livermore Labs.

So its what you make of it. And that place is no where near what it was even say 10 years ago.

I can also attest to this. My neice is a recent grad last year and she’s already had a ton of great options she’s taking advantage of

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Well my nephew is doing very well academically, he's found his place so to speak and is really applying himself, so I'm confident he would be accepted if he does apply there. The tuition OTOH...I was looking at their website and the tuition/board for out of state students is close to 50 grand a year & that is almost certainly out of reach even with scholarship/financial aid/bank of Auntie BMC helping him & his mother. We'll see what happens.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Well my nephew is doing very well academically, he's found his place so to speak and is really applying himself, so I'm confident he would be accepted if he does apply there. The tuition OTOH...I was looking at their website and the tuition/board for out of state students is close to 50 grand a year & that is almost certainly out of reach even with scholarship/financial aid/bank of Auntie BMC helping him & his mother. We'll see what happens.

Yup. College costs are horrifying.
When all is said and done , even in state,I will have ‘invested’ about $350 K in my kids.
But that was my choice. It was important to me.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
When all is said and done , even in state,I will have ‘invested’ about $350 K in my kids.

Effective September 1, 1974, rates for the academic year at Boston College will be: Tuition $2800 Board $650 :help:

Reactions: BMC

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Still not right. Even higher ed shouldn’t cost parents that much money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad