OT: Off Topic 2018 part V - Getting older is not for the timid

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Arugula and mixed field greens are where it’s at for salad.

Iceberg lettuce is for tacos only.
I’m into Shaws Organic half & half blend : baby spinach & spring mix

Add Primal Kitchen salad dressing and it’s speedo time this summer

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
HA! I thought that was an HBO one in my head. Yes, this is everyone's homework assignment to watch this long weekend. Mike and I both want to come back as John Spano in our next life hahah. Minus the jail time of course

It ended bad for Spanno

Ex-Isles 'owner' Spano gets 10 years for forgery

CLEVELAND -- A man who once tried to pull off an audacious scam to buy the National Hockey League's New York Islanders was sentenced to 10 years in prison for another fraud case in northeast Ohio.

John Spano Jr., 50, pleaded guilty last month to 16 counts of forgery after being accused of collecting thousands of dollars in commissions from false accounts he'd created while working as a salesman for a company that provides linens to health care facilities. Spano, who was born in New York City, was raised in northeast Ohio.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thank you @DKH for confirming that flout does indeed expire.

Thank god my CVS carries flour so I didn’t have to go anywhere near Roche Brothers.

Reactions: DKH

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
FB_IMG_1542844231937.jpg

:laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I started drinking a New Riesling that got quite acidic as it got warmer so rather than deal with regular ice cubes (which I don’t have. I hate ice, I know I’m strange), I bought the 4 pack of these stainless steel cubes to try and I just bought the 8 pack to make a set of 12.

They are fantastic! Keeps the wine perfectly chilled without dilution.

If the wine is chilled, 1 cube works but if it isn’t chilled all the way, you’ll need 2.

Reactions: Kovi and sooshii

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I started drinking a New Riesling that got quite acidic as it got warmer so rather than deal with regular ice cubes (which I don’t have. I hate ice, I know I’m strange), I bought the 4 pack of these stainless steel cubes to try and I just bought the 8 pack to make a set of 12.

They are fantastic! Keeps the wine perfectly chilled without dilution.

If the wine is chilled, 1 cube works but if it isn’t chilled all the way, you’ll need 2.
They work better if you use them in whiskey.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My best high is sipping on bourbon while smoking some decent ganja. No ice please

I partake in neither these days but when I did, never understood ice or mixes for that matter. I was less of a hard liquor drinker but when I did, straight no chaser/ice

Reactions: hrdpuk

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Just had a little flashback.
Hated the outcomes of those finals against The Oilers - however I loved being able to get tickets to every one of those games in Edmonton - like it was nothing. I never lived there but it wasn't brutally expensive nor were the tickets hard to get or anything.
I miss those days when you could just pick up tickets to The Finals. Figure four of us Bruins fans picking up tickets to the game, getting there, beers and food is probably less than me just going to a Canucks game nowadays (although this team is finally getting likeable again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad