Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
25 years ago today

Reactions: DKH

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
You might want to call whoever's hosting your Thanksgiving - and if you're hosting, call whoever's making the salad...

It's a warning, not a recall yet, as they haven't found the source of the E. Coli. All types of romaine are covered - whole heads, heads in bags, baby romaine, and spring mix/mesclun if it has romaine in it.

So....double down on the turkey.

And, FYI, romaine is the BEST lettuce. Iceberg lettuce? You go to hell.

Reactions: DKH

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
You might want to call whoever's hosting your Thanksgiving - and if you're hosting, call whoever's making the salad...

It's a warning, not a recall yet, as they haven't found the source of the E. Coli. All types of romaine are covered - whole heads, heads in bags, baby romaine, and spring mix/mesclun if it has romaine in it.

If you're eating salad on Thanksgiving....you're doing it wrong.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I tell my wife that lettuce is bad for you every chance I get. Now I have actual proof!!

Reactions: Dr Hook

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Arugula and mixed field greens are where it’s at for salad.

Iceberg lettuce is for tacos only.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Kate08

It looks like a dive bar near North Station that has been around for a long time could be undergoing some changes.

A tweet from yesterday from Sullivan's Tap on Canal Street says "You've all been great, thanks for everything....." while a Facebook post says "Change happens fast...." leading to speculation that something is happening to the place. The drinking spot has not yet responded to viewers asking about the Twitter post (nor has it responded to a message sent by us), though a Facebook thread from several days ago hints that Sullivan's Tap may be closing for renovations shortly and that it is changing ownership. An earlier licensing board hearing page confirms this last bit of information, and that the name of the parent company taking over Sullivan's Tap is Sullivan's Saloon, LLC; an Open Corporates page for that company lists the same people who have purchased the Beacon Hill Pub, The Tam in the Theatre District, and Mary Ann's in Cleveland Circle, confirming what an earlier boston.com article had said. (The Beacon Hill Pub closed in September and has yet to reopen, though it appears that it will do so at some point.)

Sullivan's Tap first opened in 1933, according to the about section of its Facebook page.

The address for Sullivan's Tap is 168 Canal Street, Boston, MA, 02114.

Changes May Be Coming to Sullivan's Tap in Boston's North Station Area | Boston Restaurant Talk

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
There's more to it than what is being "reported" and discussed on various restaurant blogs. I think people are taking the tweets and posts out of context. Knowing who operates the accounts, I wouldn't be surprised if they're being purposely vague.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
One of the best, right up there with Pony Excess and the Geeatest that Never Was (Marcus DuPree)

The UFFL one was good too

granted its the Sox fan in me and living through it, but 4 Days in October was great as well.

tend to forget that those 4 games basically were all played non stop. No travel days between them and some crazy times such as the end of game 4 and start of game 5 being only ~15 hours apart

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
granted its the Sox fan in me and living through it, but 4 Days in October was great as well.

tend to forget that those 4 games basically were all played non stop. No travel days between them and some crazy times such as the end of game 4 and start of game 5 being only ~15 hours apart

Forgot that one. Was phenomenal as well even for a non Sox fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad