Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Dreger mentioned if NJ really wanted Berube, they would've gotten him already
Which makes sense in the event of mutual feelings. I wouldn't mind having Toronto receive the benefits from waiting (assuming interest in any candidates that are currently "occupied") as long as they don't experience the downside of delaying that decision (also missing out on anyone of interest who is available right now).

Reactions: Wrong Wilson

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The U turn of opinion on Brind'amour if he gets swept and then comes here will be hilarious.

"Rod the PLAYOFF FAILURE Bod joins the choking Maple Leafs LOLOLOLOL"
Going on record that I like him and he'd be my pick if available, but I don't see him wanting to come here.

Reactions: ACC1224

Action Jackson

Jul 5, 2010
The change in opinion on Keefe because he gave a good exit interview is insane...

Brind'Amour, although I think he is a good coach, is one loss away from having a .500 record in the playoffs and being swept in 50% of his series losses.
There is no change. Keefe is a good coach, but someone has to be held accountable

It's not Keefe's fault the team had zero balance because we paid a forward who plays like he is in a no-contact junor league 11million. Dubas the dumbass

• Love
Reactions: Suntouchable13

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The change in opinion on Keefe because he gave a good exit interview is insane...

The most I’ll say about Keefe is that regardless of all his coaching faults he does seem to at least “get it” in terms of what it means to be the head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs and all that it entails. I do think it’s a shame that it never worked because he seems like a genuinely decent guy and he got to live the dream of coaching his hometown team.

The failures aren’t all on him of course. Lots of issues with roster construction and the routine disappearing acts from our core players. But he did exacerbate a lot of problems and we kept having the same issues every time in the playoffs with regards to special teams and overall scoring.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
kyper says coach Q Status stikk undecided but could be coaching as early as next hear

Doesnt no if thats the leafs lobbyung

Reactions: Menzinger

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
*Trigger Warning* I have zero interest in Rod. Canes are a slightly better Leafs both in performance and on paper, and he still has failed quite badly with a very solid team.

My list worth $0.02:
  1. Q
  2. ----------- Grand Canyon-sized gap
  3. Berube
  4. Gallant
  5. Sutter

Please no Brucey, Woodcroft (Sheldon 2.0), or any other friendly/"progressive" type.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022

Brind'Amour, although I think he is a good coach, is one loss away from having a .500 record in the playoffs and being swept in 50% of his series losses.
What I like about him is that I think he could get the most out of Matthews/Nylander.

If they won't play for a true warrior like Rod, they won't play for anyone.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
What I like about him is that I think he could get the most out of Matthews/Nylander.

If they won't play for a true warrior like Rod, they won't play for anyone.

Has he gotten the most out of anyone?

Without doing too much math, it looks like most of the players produce similar to the regular season, but no one is putting up crazy numbers.

And they seem to fail spectacularly often, he has lost 5 series and only a 13% winning percentage in those series, and if he loses this series in 4 it will be even worse, it'll be an 11% winning percentage.

Like I said, all for him coming in, and I think he is a good coach, but not sure he gets the best out of his players.

I think he is another coach who because of his playing career is getting overhyped.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Im not buying berube
And if they dont do a thorougu process for a head coach they are all idiots
Last time there wasnt even a process done. Dubas just texted keefe ur in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad