Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Trade for Subban?

1st, Mantha, XO ++++

Ah yes, trying to scrounge up all the crusty dimes you have in your pocket to trade for a silver dollar.

Also, as if they even had to say it, but Montreal has already said Subban isn't getting moved.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I would be absolutely floored if Subban was moved. Subban/Price is such an amazing foundation if only they didn't have so many shrimpy slilled forwards. I don't think they want more shrimpy skilled forwards for Subban lol. But that is one trade you do sell the farm for. Would be fun to collect Jordan and Malcom (not realistic just fun to think about)

Holland kicking tires on a #1 defender.

570anthony.gif

hahahahaha please put Holland's face on this

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
or you're underrating him.

21 years old with two season behind and in both he played like legit top 4 defenseman (or borderline last season). wouldn't trade that for solid top 6 winger in their 20s if we had that. wouldn't trade dekeyser for tatar/nyquist either and severson should have more value.

You realize the original person said Nyquist AND Tatar, right?

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Some stuff from LeBrun in his rumblings blog:

A huge name appears will be up for grabs as Milan Lucic told ESPN.com via text message Wednesday afternoon that he's headed to the UFA market. Lucic's agent spoke again with the Los Angeles Kings on Wednesday but obviously the contract impasse was not solved, which GM Dean Lombardi confirmed via text. Lucic is ready to go to market after failing the last couple of months to come to a new agreement with the Kings. The Edmonton Oilers, Vancouver Canucks, Detroit Red Wings and a long list of teams are believed to have interest in the hulking, power forward. Lombardi also added that he's sent out a letter authorizing the Lucic camp to solicit offers and talk to the other 29 teams right away; they don't have to wait until Saturday’s window. Stay tuned.

Please God, no Lucic. I can't stand that toolbag.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Stamkos, Radulov, Brouwer, Lucic...

Why the hell is there no talk of us pursuing trades or FA's to improve the defense?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
What is so special about Severson? I haven't seen him much, so what's the scoop on him?

big mobile defenseman with good puck moving ability, poise and hockey IQ.

has his flaws and was in hynes doghouse a bit last year but he has great potential. not many defenders look as good as a rookie as he did.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Man Lucic would be a bad contract before the ink dried. Would be nice to see some more talk about defenseman coming down the wire or at least some of the writers questioning why that is not being a focus.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Stamkos, Radulov, Brouwer, Lucic...

Why the hell is there no talk of us pursuing trades or FA's to improve the defense?

i don't know

I am surprised their is not much info of any real substance about Detroit coming out

sure speculation we would be all over stamkos if we could move datsyuk but that's a given by and large

I suspect its indicative of the fact KH is likely to not be very active over the next week(and really the next 72hrs which will be the biggest tell)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Tatar had a better season then Lucic on a weak season (at worst. Similar) But we sign Lucic for a similar contract to nyquist (won't happen). Move nyquist for a d it could be a good move

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
i don't know

I am surprised their is not much info of any real substance about Detroit coming out

sure speculation we would be all over stamkos if we could move datsyuk but that's a given by and large

I suspect its indicative of the fact KH is likely to not be very active over the next week(and really the next 72hrs which will be the biggest tell)

What do you mean? There's a ton of stuff. It's just all about Datsyuk. I don't really take that as not being very active when the Wings aren't going to know who/what their priorities are until Datsyuk is taken care of.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Getting Severson would be a huge add to our 2nd pairing (depending on what our pairings are next season). He was the Devils best defenceman at generating 5v5 scoring chances last season and their best in the 14-15 season (his rookie year). While he still has some defensive miscues he is only going to be 22 next year and I'd argue he'd be at worst our 3rd best defenceman and could be our best.

I'd move one of Tatar/Nyquist+1st/AA For Severson. I think we'd have to overpay a bit as neither of Tatar or Nyquist is a center and I'm not too high on AA, I think he'll end up being a #2C/2W that gives you 40-50 points, but I'd easily give up both for a #3D that has top pairing upside.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
46OA
Nyquist/Tatar
Svechnikov
Oullette

For

Severson
11OA

Is this realistic? Would we need to add?

I think people agreed that Nyquist/Tatar have the value of a mid to late 1st (so 15-30) so Nyquist/Tatar+Svechnikov might get you #11. That would leave Ouellet+46 for Severson, which is not close. I'm not sure if there's anyway that we would be able to get both the 11th overall+Severson.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Nah. And we need a better D-Man than DD if we're giving that much.

He has better upside than Dekeyser. And the two aren't really similar.

IC described him spot on, farther up on this page.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Nah. And we need a better D-Man than DD if we're giving that much.

But what about Frans Nielson as a free agent signing

You're not giving up that much

Holland will probably never give ouellet a chance. Svech might not be a nhler. And then what else. Nyquist and Tatar are the only way we ever get a dman

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Ah yes, trying to scrounge up all the crusty dimes you have in your pocket to trade for a silver dollar.

Also, as if they even had to say it, but Montreal has already said Subban isn't getting moved.

I think a first and Mantha are a bit better than crusty dimes but you're right in that it's not even close for a known elite #1 dman like Subban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad