Off-Season Thread II - Who cares.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
It was a gamble and it failed, end of story

No need to be a spin doctor

Kh is gonna set thia team back half a decade come friday, as kh never ever haa a well thought out backup plan

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Come on, Kenny. Work the trades.

Move Dekeyser + Tatar/Nyquist for Trouba. Sign Okposo, move Nyquist/Tatar+ 1st for Fowler. Trade Smith. Bring in Nielsen and Vanek. Go, go, go!

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006
is Eric Staal actually a real possibility? I thought he was 34 but he's only 31, if it's a 2 or 3 year deal we get him on maybe it's not a horrible thing, surely Holland doesn't want to be burned like he was with the Weiss signing and doesn't plan on throwing out a 5/6 year deal

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Are the Wings still in on the Brad Stuart sweepstakes? I hear Red Bird II is flying to the convalescent home he is staying at.

Tracking the flight right now.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Just saw the news on Stamkos and Subban/Weber.

At this point, the best thing Holland could do is trade for one or more top-4 defenseman, and hire a guy to prevent him from signing any free agent forwards. I'd fully support negative reinforcement via a shock collar.

Hi, Mr. Nielsen... I'd like to show you how the new arena is shaping up... would you be interested in...

BZZT!!!

Oh. Never mind. We're not signing any forwards this summer.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
is Eric Staal actually a real possibility? I thought he was 34 but he's only 31, if it's a 2 or 3 year deal we get him on maybe it's not a horrible thing, surely Holland doesn't want to be burned like he was with the Weiss signing and doesn't plan on throwing out a 5/6 year deal

Yes. We need a Center, he plays Center, Plus Ken Holland is the master of signing players who used to be good. I honestly bet we are the frontrunners at Staal, because Holland will be desperate and give him 12 over 2 or 18 over 3.

I would prefer Staal at 2 or 3 years though over Okposo/Ladd/Backes for 7 years.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Can you honestly look at our division and say that our team, even with ZERO additions, does not have a chance to be 3rd?

Every team has a chance, but other teams are getting better, our team is getting worse.

TB and Florida are probably locks for top spots where Boston is right behind the Wings and should be better next year. Same with Buffalo and Toronto (though they're a few years away probably). Montreal will get Price back. The Wings are in big trouble.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I doubt Q is back, but I won't be shocked if Holland offers Demers/Russell/Hamhuis 5 mil for 4 years.

That actually sounds worse. I don't mind Demers, I guess, but anything with a term over 1 year will be... frustrating, to say the least.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I guess I'd still be happy with Okposo. Young enough I think he can be an impact player through this "rebuild on the fly" plan that I hate.

Since the Wings will NOT tank and just leave dead space, I'd be happy getting Loui Eriksson and Staal. Not because it will make the Wings a winner, but because I've always liked them as players and it will make next year more enjoyable.

Basically with the franchise center off the table, I just hope for short deals on guys that I find entertaining. Because if you think AA and Mantha are going to get premier ice time while there's $8 million of dead cap space sitting around, heh, good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad