Off-Season Thread: Free Agency & Trade Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Cam Fowler might be available, according to Kevin Weekes who apparently has connections to Anaheim according to Ducks fans. He's a Michigan boy, so I'm sure those tires will be kicked.

People are suggesting Tatar + Jurco/Pulks + 16OA for Fowler. That seems like a lot for a guy who might just be a more offensively gifted Dekeyser. It would look especially bad if Jurco/Pulkkinen found their stride with Anaheim.

I would do Tatar + Jurco/Pulks + Detroit's choice of 2017/2018 pick. I'm not that high on Fowler.

What's wrong with that? That's 3 solid dmen. If you get that you probably only need one true top pair dman

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Cam Fowler might be available, according to Kevin Weekes who apparently has connections to Anaheim according to Ducks fans. He's a Michigan boy, so I'm sure those tires will be kicked.

People are suggesting Tatar + Jurco/Pulks + 16OA for Fowler. That seems like a lot for a guy who might just be a more offensively gifted Dekeyser. It would look especially bad if Jurco/Pulkkinen found their stride with Anaheim.

I would do Tatar + Jurco/Pulks + Detroit's choice of 2017/2018 pick. I'm not that high on Fowler.

I am high on Fowler. If he's a more offensively gifted DeKeyser... that's a damn good hockey player.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

I'd be down to get Fowler. But not giving up our 1st.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Helene St James says teams are asking for Svechnikov and Athanasiou to take on Datsyuks cap hit.

That's an easy pass.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
If AA or Svechnikov is to be added to deal, well Datsyuk is most likely staying on the books.

Holland has "talked to a few teams" about the situation, but early demands have focused on 2015 first-round pick Evgeny Svechnikov and Andreas Athanasiou, whose speed and ability to create something out of nothing repeatedly was demonstrated down the stretch this past season.

Holland has said he doesn't want to sacrifice significant future assets for moving Datsyuk's contract, while, at the same time, acknowledging how much swinging a deal would enable the Wings to bolster their team.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/06/21/detroit-red-wings-ken-holland/86178198/

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Helene St James says teams are asking for Svechnikov and Athanasiou to take on Datsyuks cap hit.

That's an easy pass.

That's a ridiculous overpayment, and I'm sure the price will come between now and Saturday.

But having said that, if Stamkos told Holland he would definitely sign for Detroit.....who wouldn't trade Svechnikov and AA for 26 year old Stamkos?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
But having said that, if Stamkos told Holland he would definitely sign for Detroit.....who wouldn't trade Svechnikov and AA for 26 year old Stamkos?

I wouldn't trade either player. This team needs to stay the course and continue to draft and develop.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
That's a ridiculous overpayment, and I'm sure the price will come between now and Saturday.

I wouldn't. Not for the contract he'll command. Stamkos isn't worth a penny over 7.5 million. I'd begrudgingly sign him for up to 9. I wouldn't do a 10x7 if we didn't have to trade Svech or AA to do it. Svech for Stammer at 10 mil is a terrible idea.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Isn't there a team that needs help getting to the Cap Floor?

How come the Flyers can move Pronger and Grossman, and we are getting bent over to try and move Datsyuk?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

How come the Flyers can move Pronger and Grossman, and we are getting bent over to try and move Datsyuk?
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if there are teams that are sick and tired of the Wings always making the playoffs, and would need a fantastic offer to ever do them a favor.

Not saying that's a smart way to do business, but stranger things have happened.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Last edited:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

This always frustrates me so much. Seems like some teams can unload contracts easily and make trades where you're like " really, that's all they gave up!?"

The working theory on this board for years has been when Holland kicks the tires teams request way more from him than other organizations.

VM1138

Apr 30, 2007
I just can't wrap my head around the anti-Stamkos stuff. I swear if you only read this board you'd think he's some 38 year old, crippled, talentless hack who had a hot year or something.

This is Steven Stamkos we're talking about. For a team whose only hope for a superstar is Larkin and Mrazek. I mean, seriously, do you all value or prospects so highly that you think a bunch of guys slated to be good third liners will somehow transform into the Blackhawks?

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I dont think HSJ has any idea what she is talking about

i will take friedman, mckenzie and dreggers words over hers as they all have both way more inside access around the league and within the DRW

i always chuckle when a red wings beat writer (Usually HSJ) puts out there the highest possible asking price. it's a publicity stunt to absolve holland of blame for not doing anything

Of course teams are going to be asking for the moon at first, it's called negotiating. I don't buy for a second that holland would ultimately have to give up AA or Svechnikov in the end

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
i will take that

i hope you mean 26 year old lecavalier where he put up

67(in 77 games)
54(in 65 games)
49(in 64 games)
32 (in 39 games** the lockout)

in the 6 seasons post his 26th bday

Sure he will be 26 year old vinny during our current non-competitive window when it doesn't matter. then when the core develops for competition he will be a ball and chain just like 30+ vinny.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I just can't wrap my head around the anti-Stamkos stuff. I swear if you only read this board you'd think he's some 38 year old, crippled, talentless hack who had a hot year or something.

This is Steven Stamkos we're talking about. For a team whose only hope for a superstar is Larkin and Mrazek. I mean, seriously, do you all value or prospects so highly that you think a bunch of guys slated to be good third liners will somehow transform into the Blackhawks?

His numbers have been declining every season since he broke his leg. Add on top of that his recent blood clot issues, why are you surprised people are weary of wanting to making him one of the league's highest-paid players long-term? When this team is ready to contend is he still going to be an effective player worth his contract? Or will we be critical of Holland for signing a declining player that has four years left on his mega deal when a guy like Erik Karlsson could be available?

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
if it costs AA and Svechnikov, hell no.

The deal should be structured that if Wings get Stamkos or Radulov, then we 'might' give something more.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

Right?

Everyone bemoans the lack of Elite Talent but turn away from the opportunity to acquire some.

Stamkos at 10 million is a no brainer.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Right?

Everyone bemoans the lack of Elite Talent but turn away from the opportunity to acquire some.

Stamkos at 10 million is a no brainer.

You turn away any opportunity that does not make sense to timing a cup window. This team needs elite talent but it needs elite talent organically just like ever major cup winner in recent memory has done. You sign UFA's when you have an actual core to add them to. UFA put already existing a contenders over the top, like Hossa. If you are adding UFA's to try and build a contender you are doing it wrong. All Stamkos does is help ensure the team picks 15+ during the teams noncompetitive window. A non-competitive window that has been extended because the team refuses to accept a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad