Patriots/NFL Off Season talk - Pats trade for WR DeVante Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
With Seattle going nowhere fast I like the trade for them.
Take older assets and in return receive younger assets is a smart business move.

Russell is going to be 34 in November, how many years does he have left. . . .

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
Could argue he had that in Sea too, DK and Lockett are really good, liked it more for Denver before I heard Fant was going the other way. Crazy trade tho, don’t see QBs moved in/near prime

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The Packers are 100% committed to losing home playoff games.

Color me surprised that Russell Wilson was so desperate to get out of Seattle to go to...Denver. Sure, Denver has a decent team. But to go play in Mahomes' division with a rookie HC...what the hell happened in Seattle?

Reactions: CDJ

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

What do you think he would have fetched? I'm wondering if they weighed the 3rd rd comp pick vs what they would have gotten in a trade vs ability to have his cap space freed up at the start of FA

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Also regarding Jackson.

Good player, fits scheme well. stats are inflated due to feasting on bad teams, but is still probably a top 10.

Not worth what he's going to get by some dumb team with a ton of cap space.

Whatever contract they approached him with this season is probably closer to his value.

I think rebuilding the middle level of the defense is far more important than spending 17+ on JC Jackson.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So Seattle is going full-ass rebuild, which makes sense considering how in their own division the Rams are at their peak, the 49ers are on the way up, and the Cardinals have a very bright future. But Pete Carroll is the oldest coach in the league at 70 years old, I'm surprised he's staying around for now to see this through.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Of all the horrible and indefensible decisions made by Dan Snyder and the Washington Football Team in the past few years, trading for Carson Wentz is a new low point.

They absorbed the entire contract FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad