Patriots/NFL Off Season talk - Pats trade for WR DeVante Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't see Johnson as the pick (unless they trade down to the top of the 2nd) and I'll tell you why. They haven't drafted an interior lineman in the 1st or 2nd round since Mankins, who was a college tackle. That was coming off back-to-back Super Bowls, so you can point to Mankins as a bit of a luxury pick. They've got a major need for blue chip talent, and their process suggests that they don't view interior linemen as that.

I think Devin Lloyd makes a lot of sense (and I keep seeing him available at 21 in a lot of mock drafts) as a Hightower replacement. Draft an athletic 3-down LB who can play multiple positions and has pass rush skill.

I think they'd love to take a CB, but Booth has some medical questions and it's too early to take Hill or Elam. That's why it makes a ton of sense that they trade 21 for 32/66, 33/65, or maybe even 39/48. I'd be pretty happy if they could finagle a way to get Metchie and one of Harris, Muma, or Chenal, but they're going to need two picks in the 40-60 range to pull that off.
I agree with this premise and would love love love this scenario

The OL is thin and has 2 OT who health wise are question marks

Lloyd always been my guy but they got a serious need at G

Hope what you say plays out

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I agree with this premise and would love love love this scenario

The OL is thin and has 2 OT who health wise are question marks

Lloyd always been my guy but they got a serious need at G

Hope what you say plays out

They have always had success later in the draft getting guards. Unless they think they're getting an All Pro address one of your many other needs early, the type of positions you don't do as well with later.

Reactions: DKH

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Taking a guard in the 1st. Hate it, if they do that they should have just kept Mason. Cb, dl or wr should be where they go.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm generally not one for draft predictions, mostly because I suck at them, but I'll be shocked if they don't end up with one of the top LBs: Devin Lloyd, Nakobe Dean, Quay Walker, Christian Harris, Chad Muma, or Leo Chenal. Dean and Harris aren't prototypical Patriots LB size, so they're probably less likely, but still possible.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I'm generally not one for draft predictions, mostly because I suck at them, but I'll be shocked if they don't end up with one of the top LBs: Devin Lloyd, Nakobe Dean, Quay Walker, Christian Harris, Chad Muma, or Leo Chenal. Dean and Harris aren't prototypical Patriots LB size, so they're probably less likely, but still possible.
For that matter, Devin Lloyd is also a little smaller than your typical Belichick Era Patriots LB.

Then again, Matt Groh said the other day that colleges just aren't producing many NFL-caliber big linebackers any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad