Patriots/NFL Off Season talk - Pats trade for WR DeVante Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Uche? There is next to no evidence he will be a significant piece going forward. You also mentioned Malcolm Butler. The dude was retired last year and wasn't great for the Titans before that. If you wanna be ultra optimistic ok, but come on man!

Butler was very good in 2020. It would not shock me to see Uche pop off this year, and he absolutely does flash if you look deeper into things like pass rush win rate. He just needs to round out his game- he was always raw and going to need some time coming out of Michigan. He’s definitely flashed at times when he’s seen the field. It was just harder for him to get on the field with the veteran options in front of him this season. Poor Anfernee Jennings and Ronnie Perkins don’t even exist.

Reactions: EvilDead

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Uche? There is next to no evidence he will be a significant piece going forward. You also mentioned Malcolm Butler. The dude was retired last year and wasn't great for the Titans before that. If you wanna be ultra optimistic ok, but come on man!
Did you even read what I said

They are switching to zone and those are his skillsets - if they were man to man he would not have been signed because he couldn’t keep up

He is a sound tackler limiting yards after catch and tremendous change of direction skills which is a requisite of zone

Pom pom waiver lol - I said I would bet the under on there 8.5

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Liked him a ton for years but routinely disappointing. Seems like what Harry should have become though

Always seemingly found a way to do well against Gilmore, he clearly has tons of talent. Just has to stay on the field

Parker/Bourne/Meyers/Agholor is a solid WR room. They all do different things. If they draft one to take over for Agholor next season that would be sweet.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm surprised they traded him to us honestly.

I still want a WR in the draft. But this is a good deal if he can stay healthy.

Heard they're talking to OBJ as well but there's no rush because he's still injured

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I love it. Big outside vertical threat. A legitimate weapon for Mac. He just needs to stay healthy
He is not a vertical threat. He probably gets the least separation in the league. He is good at jump balls, hitches and things that do not require speed. He should be good in the red zone for the three weeks he plays. I came to despise his lack of toughness. Good luck to him, except against the Dolphins.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Did you even read what I said

They are switching to zone and those are his skillsets - if they were man to man he would not have been signed because he couldn’t keep up

He is a sound tackler limiting yards after catch and tremendous change of direction skills which is a requisite of zone

Pom pom waiver lol - I said I would bet the under on there 8.5
Interesting prediction on a losing season. Seems like a lot of people will be ok with that this year. Not me. It's a clear step backwards with no guarantee you make a giant leap forward. An 8-9 season gives the Krafts a lot to think about. I would rip the bandaid off and let the rest of the league "line up" for 70 year old Bill Belichick.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Interesting prediction on a losing season. Seems like a lot of people will be ok with that this year. Not me. It's a clear step backwards with no guarantee you make a giant leap forward. An 8-9 season gives the Krafts a lot to think about. I would rip the bandaid off and let the rest of the league "line up" for 70 year old Bill Belichick.
Who you want to coach the team?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Draft talk

I got 5 go to draft podcasts and love the NFL draft

I would be pretty happy if the Patriots went all offense first 3 rounds
21 Zion Johnson IOL

Called Captain America he’s got it all and would be a pillar to block those talented and big Buffalo linemen and protect Mac and open up holes for running game

No brainer but not sexy but you he would be great add

54 Alec Pierce or John Metchie both X receivers but can play boundary as well

May be able to move back but I wouldn’t F around

85 Kyle Phillips WR slot

Would be Welker all over

Result

Huge upgrade at WR and OL

That’s a 25-30 point offense
I don't know much but Zion is my guy in the 1st round. I have a feeling his stock will go up, but if hes there I want him.

Reactions: CDJ

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'm surprised they traded him to us honestly.

I still want a WR in the draft. But this is a good deal if he can stay healthy.

Heard they're talking to OBJ as well but there's no rush because he's still injured

Genuinely the most troubling thing about this. (Well, that and his health.) Tells me Miami either a) isn't worried about moving him to a division rival at all cause they think he's definitely on the down slope (more than reasonable at 29) and won't help us much or b) the Pats dramaticaly overpaid what others were offering.

If he can stay on the field and be productive he definitely helps the offense. But that's far from a guarantee. Even if he does though I don't think this moves the needle much on their ceiling.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Rule of thumb for NFL draft pick value is a future pick is worth 1 round lower than a present year pick. Going by that logic, it's basically dropping from 4th to 5th round to pick up Parker.

I think this probably means no WR in the first 3 rounds this year. I'll assume LB/CB/OL in some order.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Genuinely the most troubling thing about this. (Well, that and his health.) Tells me Miami either a) isn't worried about moving him to a division rival at all cause they think he's definitely on the down slope (more than reasonable at 29) and won't help us much or b) the Pats dramaticaly overpaid what others were offering.

If he can stay on the field and be productive he definitely helps the offense. But that's far from a guarantee. Even if he does though I don't think this moves the needle much on their ceiling.
I think they are just concerned with opening up some cap space

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We would have different philosophies running that team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad