Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt VIII: Spring approaches and less (fewer) things are happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Well we were a team with limited payroll from 2016 to 2018 and rebuilding in 2019. Oh and i think you are forgetting about some guy named Ryu who was signed before that tweet. You know the 2nd biggest free agent deal in Jays history for Cy Young runner up.

Plus our team made the playoffs last season and he choose to opt out in the middle of a season.

You may ask myself and others to "move on" but he is a former Jay and for better or worse, he will be brought up again so i say to you "maybe just deal with it?"

Aren't you just making Stroman's point by pointing out our "limited payroll" from 2016 to 2018?

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Aren't you just making Stroman's point by pointing out our "limited payroll" from 2016 to 2018?

Not really, it seems like he was taking a jab at the Jays front office and the FO doesnt set the payroll, ownership does.

Plus Stroman never highlighted criticism of the front office from 2016 to 2018. He only started criticizing when the front office didnt offer him a contract when he wanted one. Then his criticism got worse when they traded him to the Mets. Then for some reason he turned it up again in January when a team he no longer plays for didnt trade for star players his team just acquired in Lindor and Carassco. Very very weird, does he not want the Mets to get better?

Not to mention at that point no top 5 free agent signed when he tweeted that. I would say even Stroman was a little embarrassed as he deleted his tweet. Pretty much outlining his own transgression.

Also even if the criticism was warranted, why is that a concern of his? He doesnt play for the Jays anymore.

Seems counterproductive that you have a problem with me posting tweets about a specific non Jays player but you are ok with that non Jays player criticizing how the Jays operate.

Last edited:

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Watching the Royals-Dodgers game and I just realized Andy Burns is with the Dodgers now. I’ve always liked him and once thought he would become a useful utility guy. Now of course the Dodgers will give him an opportunity and he’ll turn into Chris Taylor 2.0 because that’s what the Dodgers do.

Reactions: Discoverer

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Also even if the criticism was warranted, why is that a concern of his? He doesnt play for the Jays anymore.

If he doesn't play for the Jays anymore, why is it a concern of ours what he tweets about his own life?

In other words, what is the purpose of bringing those tweets, that are completely not related to the Jays to this board? What's the point?

If it's just "he's a guy who used to play here", let's heed Discoverer's suggestion and start posting Conseco's tweets instead. It's much less mean-spirited and far more entertaining.

Reactions: Pink Mist

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
If he doesn't play for the Jays anymore, why is it a concern of ours what he tweets about his own life?

In other words, what is the purpose of bringing those tweets, that are completely not related to the Jays to this board? What's the point?

If it's just "he's a guy who used to play here", let's heed Discoverer's suggestion and start posting Conseco's tweets instead. It's much less mean-spirited and far more entertaining.

Because though this is a Jays thread, we always post of stuff about non Jays players, current Jays players and players who never played for the Jays. I thought we went over this already.

Not that it should matter to you, I have no problem with you posting crazy Canseco tweets. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop posting Stroman tweets: positive or negative.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Because though this is a Jays thread, we always post of stuff about non Jays players, current Jays players and players who never played for the Jays. I thought we went over this already.

Not that it should matter to you, I have no problem with you posting crazy Canseco tweets. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop posting Stroman tweets: positive or negative.

"We" always post random tweets from former players that have nothing to do with the Jays or baseball for that matter? Tweets that are meant to pointlessly bash a guy for being harmlessly happy?

Really, is that what we always do?

I guess "we" are just shitty people then.

And in that spirit, let's bash that jerk for his work with SickKids:
SickKids Stories | SickKids patient ambassador & budding fashion designer

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Just so we are clear about "living rent free", that'd be the case when someone has ill feelings. Making fun of someone isn't them loving rent free in your head unless it's to make you feel better about said person. I don't think a single Jays fan feels betrayed by Stroman or wronged here. He was disliked more and more and got traded. So he's definitely not "living rent free".

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
"We" always post random tweets from former players that have nothing to do with the Jays or baseball for that matter? Tweets that are meant to pointlessly bash a guy for being harmlessly happy?

I don't think anyone is implying that Stroman is an evil villian or something. He's probably a nice enough guy. In fact, he's probably extra nice if you tell him he's radiating positivity and is looking extra tall today.

He just also has an inferiority complex that is bigger than any I can recall seeing in a professional athlete. So people make jokes at his expense.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I don't think anyone is implying that Stroman is an evil villian or something. He's probably a nice enough guy. In fact, he's probably extra nice if you tell him he's radiating positivity and is looking extra tall today.

He just also has an inferiority complex that is bigger than any I can recall seeing in a professional athlete. So people make jokes at his expense.

I had to look up the symptoms of an inferiority complex after your post:

Identifying someone with an inferiority or superiority complex can be tricky because their actions don’t always align with their true thoughts and feelings.
Some signs may include:

• They try to make you feel insecure.
  • They constantly seek validation from others.
  • They always talk about their achievements.
  • They complain a lot.
  • They’re overly sensitive to criticism.
  • They regularly criticize others.
  • They have frequent mood swings.
  • They often withdraw from social situations.
  • They have a hard time admitting that they’re wrong.
  • They make themselves the center of attention.

I see how some of the symptoms match...but after reading that list, I think we may all have it.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Lol yes "we" do, you are currently doing the same for Canseco. You say harmlessly happy and i say delusional. "Tomato Tomahto."

I dont know what you are hoping to get out of me. Do you want me to bend my knee, promise to never post a Stroman tweet ever again and repent my sins?

If you want to become a moderator then apply to be one. None of my posts have been flagged for violating any rules or policies so if they are ok on that front then i dont see why you have such an issue with them.

For the record you might have posted more random tweets from a former player "that have nothing to do with the Jays or baseball" in the last hour than i have in my 11 years as a member. And you are lecturing me on this?

Ill let you get the last word in because i'm not responding to this anymore. This is nonsense, especially for you.

If you have a problem either;

A) deal with it like an adult would, or;
B) put me on your ignore list because more Stroman tweets will be posted. And in light of this discussion, i may post more now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad