Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt VIII: Spring approaches and less (fewer) things are happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
question since its always brought up.. whos actually been cancelled? who didnt deserve it? Name 1 person :laugh:

if youre a piece of shit then you dont deserve a good job. seems simple. If that means its some culture then youre apart of the past and will be left in it.
See @Scion post above

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Horrible that our tv network cannot broadcast Blue Jay games anywhere but we are broadcasting other MLB teams. Just horrible marketing by the Blue Jays organization.

You would think during a pandemic as we are in. More people working from home. Ability to gain more viewers.

Horrible.

TSN doesn't have the rights to Blue Jays games. They're broadcasting other teams because it's all they can do.

Reactions: smitty10

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
JotCast | MLBTR Live Chat | 3/4/2021
Cardboard Cutout
4:04
Do the Astros go and sign Odorizzi now, or are they too worried about going over the CBT and feel they have enough in-house?
So many Angels in outfield
4:04
Odorizzi’s landing spot?

Connor Byrne
4:06
The CBT is a big concern in regards to the Astros. I was looking at their Cot's page a little while ago, and the team is roughly $13.5MM under. Odorizzi could land around that figure on his contract, so it would be a challenge to sign him and stay under. It's always nice to leave some wiggle room for in-season acquisition. All of that is to say I doubt he goes to Houston if the club's really bent on ducking the tax. The Blue Jays continue to look like a good fit to me, but you never know which other teams' starting staffs will suffer injuries in the coming weeks. Maybe Odo will continue to just wait it out.

Your 3rd MLBTR writer saying Odorizzi fits with the Jays best. Dan Szymborski from FG said so as well.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I know some dont like me posting his stuff but you can put me on your ignore list because;

1. This is way too funny not to post;
2. I'm definitely going to post more of this if/when it occurs

Well if the driver said it :laugh:

Not going to lie, I love it

Reactions: smitty10

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
TSN doesn't have the rights to Blue Jays games. They're broadcasting other teams because it's all they can do.

I’m pretty sure the only games they have rights to are non-Blue Jays on ESPN. And for spring training, that appears to be the game today and Dodgers-Royals tomorrow. I see nothing else listed as an ESPN game.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Horrible that our tv network cannot broadcast Blue Jay games anywhere but we are broadcasting other MLB teams. Just horrible marketing by the Blue Jays organization.

You would think during a pandemic as we are in. More people working from home. Ability to gain more viewers.

Horrible.
It’s as ridiculous as Blocking out nhl teams in certain markets. Makes no sense.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

I know some dont like me posting his stuff but you can put me on your ignore list because;

1. This is way too funny not to post;
2. I'm definitely going to post more of this if/when it occurs

For someone who says he doesn’t care what people think about him, he sure... cares about what people think about him

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
For someone who says he doesn’t care what people think about him, he sure... cares about what people think about him

Nobody believes in you when you're a talented, rich, capable baseball player with a 1st round pedigree who rocketed through a minor league system and has had relatively sustained success on the MLB and international stage. It's easy to see why being behind such a massive eight-ball would lead to a crisis of confidence.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

Sure.

But do you not see how silly it is for posters on this board to in turn obsess about every single tweet that Stro makes? It's just so...childish and petty...

It's one thing to go after Stro when he posts stuff about the Jays, but to go after his every tweet that has nothing to do with us...come on.

Reactions: rojac

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Sure.

But do you not see how silly it is for posters on this board to in turn obsess about every single tweet that Stro makes? It's just so...childish and petty...

It's one thing to go after Stro when he posts stuff about the Jays, but to go after his every tweet that has nothing to do with us...come on.
Lol who’s “going after” Stroman. We are commenting on a tweet he made between ourselves. I don’t think you understand what going after someone means

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Sure.

Wait who is going after Stroman? He will be okay.

Reactions: Auston 316

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Well if the driver said it :laugh:

Not going to lie, I love it

tenor.gif

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Lol who’s “going after” Stroman. We are commenting on a tweet he made between ourselves. I don’t think you understand what going after someone means

Well, explain it to me then. If making snide remarks about a guy on social media not "going after him", then what would qualify as "going after him" in your book?

It's petty, there's no obfuscating it. Stroman is petty when he goes after the Jays unprovoked, and it's petty to go after Stroman for every odd but harmless tweet of his.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Well, explain it to me then. If making snide remarks about a guy on social media not "going after him", then what would qualify as "going after him" in your book?

It's petty, there's no obfuscating it. Stroman is petty when he goes after the Jays unprovoked, and it's petty to go after Stroman for every odd but harmless tweet of his.

Guy lives rent-free in a lot of people's heads on here, it is what it is.

Reactions: Kurtz

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Guy lives rent-free in a lot of people's heads on here, it is what it is.

I'm not one to rag on Stroman and I'm more inclined to defend him against some of the dumb stuff people say about him, but I would have found that tweet pretty funny if any player had said it, Jays association or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->