Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt VIII: Spring approaches and less (fewer) things are happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I went from “I want Odorizzi but I’ll accept a Porcello or Leake”

To “but in all likelihood it’s just a move for Cole, Liriano or Panik can’t be worse than that.”

If you would have rushed into the shower we would have traded for Bryant and Hendricks, but instead all we get is Valera reporting. It's all your fault

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
You realize that one of Panik/Valera likely makes this team?

I do, just was hoping for a better/bigger move.

I do prefer Valera over Panik. Valera is younger, has more control and is a switch hitter.

Zips also projects Valera to put up 1.2 fWAR. Which is surprising.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
fa72d8e67a8f3607eb0c5534a597ddb2.jpg

0bd2f616b60acf4e2ae3766b14a93705.jpg

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
I see Pardinho is finally ready to return. I had high hopes for him. Hope he finds his game again.
Brazil's Eric Pardinho is the forgotten Blue Jays pitching prospect, but maybe not for long - TSN.ca

Now in the final stages of recovery, Pardinho is eager to see how all of his work translates.

“I think the answer will come when I come back to the mound, but with all the things I've been doing and trying to be better and better as an athlete since I had the surgery, focused just on my recovery, far from home to reach my goals, keeping confidence I am certainly on the right way to be a better pitcher,” Pardinho said.

“I'm very excited to be back. I can't wait to go back and pitch again in official games. Every day when I think I'm getting closer and closer to that moment, it helps me to give my best in every workout and practice.”

The Blue Jays will be careful with their $1.4 million Brazilian bonus baby.

As they should.

There’s no need to rush him and he could be worth the wait.

Once Pardinho gets back into minor league games and shakes off the rust, he could move quickly, too.

Pardinho, who threw an easy bullpen Friday in Dunedin, his first since the surgery, hopes to be ready for game action in a couple months.

“The expectation of pitching in game again would be in May,” Pardinho said. “My next steps are to come back pitching with a healthy body, improve my fitness and have good numbers during the 2021 season.”

The numbers this year won’t matter much to people within the organization. Many just can’t wait to see him get on a mound again and see where things go.

It’s been a unique rehab process and the Jays have been impressed.

Last edited:

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
It's so BS that the Jay's can't play here. They are literally going to be traveling through the states anyway, and they fly privately.

If a team flew to Toronto to play us there is zero reason they can't pop in, play, and leave.

Reactions: Auston 316

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
It's so BS that the Jay's can't play here. They are literally going to be traveling through the states anyway, and they fly privately.

If a team flew to Toronto to play us there is zero reason they can't pop in, play, and leave.
There is a pretty clear reason why they aren’t playing here

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
There is a pretty clear reason why they aren’t playing here

I get it, covid 19. I am not downplaying the virus or saying it's a cold like some morons are, I just mean if the players fly in and out on private planes, quarantine besides playing ball, and fly out after how bad can it be?

The Leafs play here and although they are not crossing the border they are taking major precautions as well.

I just would have thought it could be a managed thing with little to no threat to the public. That is all I am saying.

Reactions: smitty10

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I get it, covid 19. I am not downplaying the virus or saying it's a cold like some morons are, I just mean if the players fly in and out on private planes, quarantine besides playing ball, and fly out after how bad can it be?

The Leafs play here and although they are not crossing the border they are taking major precautions as well.

I just would have thought it could be a managed thing with little to no threat to the public. That is all I am saying.
I know what you mean bud. I’m annoyed with all of it but it’s not exactly unique to baseball. Hockey changed their divisions to accommodate. Basketball is all in the US.

Reactions: TopChedder

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Seems like it, which is even worse this year since they are going to be producing regular season games from the same ballpark.

They could literally set up a single camera behind the plate with park noise instead of an announcer and people would tune in. It's super cheap content to try to build some extra excitement in support of their big offseason. But I get it... there's just no room to broadcast something like that. What are they supposed to do, only have three channels showing a random hockey game from the night before?

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
They could literally set up a single camera behind the plate with park noise instead of an announcer and people would tune in. It's super cheap content to try to build some extra excitement in support of their big offseason. But I get it... there's just no room to broadcast something like that. What are they supposed to do, only have three channels showing a random hockey game from the night before?

Not like Sportsnet has a million channels that show the same friggin thing

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I do, just was hoping for a better/bigger move.

I do prefer Valera over Panik. Valera is younger, has more control and is a switch hitter.

Zips also projects Valera to put up 1.2 fWAR. Which is surprising.

I think Valera does not make the big club right out of camp. Panik would be the choice until Valera develops as he is still only 21 years old. But he does seem like a player that can develop into something. Was originally part of the deal for Machado to San Diego from Baltimore. So he does have potential.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I think Valera does not make the big club right out of camp. Panik would be the choice until Valera develops as he is still only 21 years old. But he does seem like a player that can develop into something. Was originally part of the deal for Machado to San Diego from Baltimore. So he does have potential.

He's 29.

Reactions: Animal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad