Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt VIII: Spring approaches and less (fewer) things are happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Mcguire would have to really struggle to not start the year as the backup. I imagine the Jays want an extra year of control on Kirk plus other than his brief MLB stint he hasn't played above high A so get regular at bats in AAA while working on his defense

Reactions: BigBlu

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Make sure your water bill is paid up for next winter.

Closer: Yates
Setup: Romano
Setup: Dolis
Middle Relief: Chatwood
Middle Relief: Phelps
Lefty: Borucki
Longman: Stripling/Matz/Roark(whichever doesn't make the rotation)
8th Guy: Liriano/Merryweather/Murphy/Thornton/whoever

I'd go Matz and Merryweather for those last 2 but they seem hellbent on trying to make Merryweather a starter until he gets hurt again.

Yeah, this is pretty much where I'm at too. I'd rather Merryweather in the high leverage MR role instead of one of Chatwood or Phelps, but if they're gonna try and make him a starter there's not much we can do.

Also be on the lookout for Tim Mayza in that lefty role as he returns from injury. Sure he was crap in 2019, but how much of that was the build up to his ligaments snapping?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Mcguire would have to really struggle to not start the year as the backup. I imagine the Jays want an extra year of control on Kirk plus other than his brief MLB stint he hasn't played above high A so get regular at bats in AAA while working on his defense

McGuire is probably gonna get a healthy amount of time during ST.

If the Jays think Kirk is ready, then they’ll showcase McGuire to try and move him in a deal

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Make sure your water bill is paid up for next winter.

Yeah, this is pretty much where I'm at too. I'd rather Merryweather in the high leverage MR role instead of one of Chatwood or Phelps, but if they're gonna try and make him a starter there's not much we can do.

Also be on the lookout for Tim Mayza in that lefty role as he returns from injury. Sure he was crap in 2019, but how much of that was the build up to his ligaments snapping?

I forgot about Mayza, which is weird since I read a tweet about him about 4 hours ago. Him and Liriano probably have a leg up with the lack of lefties, especially if Matz is in the rotation

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
We already have a #2. Montoyo is going to love him :sarcasm:

images

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Fastball coming at Stroman’s head confirmed?

do we still have to hate eachother? Isles fan here, I am tired of harboring grudges. I know too many leaf fans IRL lol. No ill-feelings towards your team or Johnny Hockey. I do miss him :(

You’re good. I’ve seen Habs and Sens fans here. And I’m the only Sabres fan that posts here. The baseball threads are completely different from the hockey ones.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018

You’re good. I’ve seen Habs and Sens fans here. And I’m the only Sabres fan that posts here. The baseball threads are completely different from the hockey ones.
yeah its the only time y'all are cheering for the right team ;) I kid ofc. But agreed, the baseball threads are more civil lol.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Montoyo looking forward to this season after seeing massive team improvements - TSN.ca

Toronto Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo shares this thoughts on the recent additions to Toronto's bullpen, how much the team's athleticism has improved since last season and how he plans to rotate his players. Montoyo says that 'they're playing to win' so he'll be moving players around to keep hot players in the game while giving players who have gone cold time to reset.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

I think there used to be another different Sabres fan. The name escapes me though.

We also used to have Devils and Predators fans too.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think there used to be another different Sabres fan. The name escapes me though.

We also used to have Devils and Predators fans too.

There’s one guy on the Sabres board who I know is a fan of the Jays. And there’s a couple of others who are from Toronto, but I dunno if they even like baseball. Most there are just fans of the Bisons, and their age determines their MLB fandom, based on who Buffalo was the farm team for before.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Don’t click on the link in the tweet, I think it’s corrupt.

Their previous predictions had use and the Mets in the top 2 for Walker. And for Rosenthal it was the A’s and the Marlins.

We all know Walker went to the Mets and Rosenthal to the A’s. Maybe Odorizzi has it down to the Jays and Brewers.

Also got the Turner, Gardner, Molina, Ozuna, Colome, Wainwright and Taillon predictions right too.

Also I noticed the Jays haven’t tweeted or posted anything about Grichuk. I only saw one photo of him at camp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad