Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt IV | Ah the waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I made the mistake of thinking zeke just popped in here to talk about the team's expectations for next season, when I should have known he was just shitting on management. But he hasn't been here for a while, so I guess I forgot he's always just shitting on management.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I made the mistake of thinking zeke just popped in here to talk about the team's expectations for next season, when I should have known he was just shitting on management. But he hasn't been here for a while, so I guess I forgot he's always just shitting on management.

Only some management.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Mark Shapiro agrees to 5-year extension with Blue Jays

4:23 | January 13, 2021

Blue Jays insiders Arden Zwelling, Ben Nicholson-Smith & Shi Davidi discuss the news of a 5-year extension for Blue Jays President & CEO Mark Shapiro and what it means for the club moving forward.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
upload_2021-1-13_17-42-26.jpeg

Opens up on Friday.

Reactions: xxOCZMSxx

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa

Mark Shapiro agrees to 5-year extension with Blue Jays

4:23 | January 13, 2021

Blue Jays insiders Arden Zwelling, Ben Nicholson-Smith & Shi Davidi discuss the news of a 5-year extension for Blue Jays President & CEO Mark Shapiro and what it means for the club moving forward.

Great signing. Took a while but we finally inked a piece of the puzzle.

I'm sure the dollar figure is in line with similar talent.

Exciting time to be a fan.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Pipeline isn't exactly a big fan of our IFA class :laugh:

Yeah I believe Beltre is their only rated prospect. That’s ok, those ratings are very rarely accurate.

I remember Guerrero not being in their top 5. Kirk and Moreno were never ranked. Acuna signed for something like $10,000 I believe.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I will add that I’m pumped about Shapiro locking in long term. I think he’s seeing his team coming together and wants to see it through with a team that’ll spend to back him up. He built a hell of a team in Cleveland with no budget. Hopefully he can take the next step here

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Yeah I believe Beltre is their only rated prospect. That’s ok, those ratings are very rarely accurate.

I remember Guerrero not being in their top 5. Kirk and Moreno were never ranked. Acuna signed for something like $10,000 I believe.

I think Kirk and Moreno were both $10,000 signings as well. Pretty amazing when you can sign a top guy, get penalized for it, and still find a couple guys like that when you're limited in how much you can spend.

Reactions: phillipmike

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Kluber would definitely be worth a roll of the dice. Hopefully the Cleveland connection will help. You could sign Kluber,Walker and Paxton for less than Bauer.
Agreed. However, having a guy like Bauer and signing one of the 3 listed as well would be better than signing all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln