Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Draft Begins Thursday, April 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Time for the NFL to step up and put him on the Commissioner's List pending an investigation.

Also time to investigate Houston.

So odd. Who bounces around from massage therapist to massage therapist? That’s not normal behavior at all. The fact this lady reported the situation back in 2018 to others familiar with the situation is the final nail for me.

Reactions: Alicat

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
So odd. Who bounces around from massage therapist to massage therapist? That’s not normal behavior at all. The fact this lady reported the situation back in 2018 to others familiar with the situation is the final nail for me.

The crazy or not so crazy thing is. He deleted SO many tweets on Twitter dating back to when he was in college talking about massages and being very um...pushy about things.
yeah I’m starting to be pretty convinced that the guys a sexual predator

ive done pretty close to a full 180 on this now. Way too much smoke.

Same. Though I feel gross that I thought the Texans were trying to defame him cause he wants out. Clearly not the case

Reactions: Alicat and CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I'm the same.

I was sure this was just a horrible case of the Texans making shit up to slander a guy on his way out.

But when there's this much smoke, a fire is somewhere and there has to be something going on with his treatment of masseuses. 24 women seems excessive, like it must have a lot of hop-ons trying to cash in on a case, but he must've done this enough to where there's reasonable probability that he's a serial offender.

Now, I still think the Texans and McNair have something to do with the news leaking despite the destruction of his trade value in the process. It's an even worse look for them than the original slander theory if they knew about it, covered it up, and as soon as he expressed that he wanted out, they released it.

Reactions: CDJ

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Same. Even more damaging is that she is independent of the lawyer with ties to the Texans so now you know this isn't some potential smear campaign because he wants out.

Houston had to have known

Reactions: CDJ

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm the same.

I was sure this was just a horrible case of the Texans making shit up to slander a guy on his way out.

But when there's this much smoke, a fire is somewhere and there has to be something going on with his treatment of masseuses. 24 women seems excessive, like it must have a lot of hop-ons trying to cash in on a case, but he must've done this enough to where there's reasonable probability that he's a serial offender.

Now, I still think the Texans and McNair have something to do with the news leaking despite the destruction of his trade value in the process. It's an even worse look for them than the original slander theory if they knew about it, covered it up, and as soon as he expressed that he wanted out, they released it.

watson should probably hire krafts lawyer, that lawyer was vicious

Reactions: EvilDead

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Same. Even more damaging is that she is independent of the lawyer with ties to the Texans so now you know this isn't some potential smear campaign because he wants out.

I'm in the same boat...to have this many cases...it's disturbing.

Makes you wonder...does him wanting to leave Houston also factor into this

Reactions: Alicat

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK

Has this been proven? As far as I can tell, the lawyer Buzbee doesn’t have any connection to the Texans owners. I think all this “neighbors and friends” rumors are bogus. In fact, the lawyer has denied all the claims.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
This is gearing up to become possibly the biggest story/black eye in league history.

beating children/girlfriends, murder, cover ups, rule confusion, steroids, drugs etc.

this is probably only 2nd to a few footballs being slightly off in air pressure

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
This is gearing up to become possibly the biggest story/black eye in league history.

beating children/girlfriends, murder, cover ups, rule confusion, steroids, drugs etc.

Seriously. The ravens built a shrine to ray Lewis and the league gave him a gold jacket......but a guy who allegedly humps the air during a massage is where we draw the line.

Until there is even just ONE criminal charge brought.......hell even just one woman who goes to the police first, this is just a money grab imo.

Reactions: capecodder

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Has this been proven? As far as I can tell, the lawyer Buzbee doesn’t have any connection to the Texans owners. I think all this “neighbors and friends” rumors are bogus. In fact, the lawyer has denied all the claims.
The lawyer can deny any connection all he wants. It may be nothing but that will be up to investigators to determine via discovery. For now, I consider the lawyer suspect.

I honestly hope he's a good lawyer with the right intentions because these women deserve to be treated fairly and to get justice for what was likely done to them.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Seriously. The ravens built a shrine to ray Lewis and the league gave him a gold jacket......but a guy who allegedly humps the air during a massage is where we draw the line.

Until there is even just ONE criminal charge brought.......hell even just one woman who goes to the police first, this is just a money grab imo.
Buzbee says the Houston PD has files from the women who stepped forward so right now it is in the hands of the police and DA. Cases like this take time to review especially with this many potential victims.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Buzbee says the Houston PD has files from the women who stepped forward so right now it is in the hands of the police and DA. Cases like this take time to review especially with this many potential victims.
Hasnt the Houston PD said they still havent received any evidence or files on the case. Not saying anyone is guilty or innocent, but this case is extremely weird.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

The fact that this woman isn't involved in any suit, and has a near exact story like the rest makes you have to ignore the sketchy relationship Buzbee has with the McNair's. She not only had him allegedly assault her, but he tried to hire her multiple times afterwards without ever realizing she'd already been a victim. Every time she pointed that out, he suddenly stopped contacting her. The guy is clearly a piece of shit predator with this many woman having the same singular experience.

Reactions: CDJ and Alicat

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Sadly, it's not. There are many well documented cases of egregious offenses having very little negative impact on these players and their careers.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Wasnt the whole case thrown out because the police didnt follow procedure and/or obtain warrants? You hardly need to be slick attorney to have that case thrown out lol

Yes, there were a lot of issues with how they handled it. The stoppage of the car he was a passenger in was ruled illegal. The warrant which they used to obtain the video evidence was written in a very narrow, specific way and they went well beyond that in their scope to gather and collective evidence. It was a botched case al along and the only hope they had was to try and pressure the women they arrested into rolling over on the spa and the clients. That didn't work either.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Yes, there were a lot of issues with how they handled it. The stoppage of the car he was a passenger in was ruled illegal. The warrant which they used to obtain the video evidence was written in a very narrow, specific way and they went well beyond that in their scope to gather and collective evidence. It was a botched case al along and the only hope they had was to try and pressure the women they arrested into rolling over on the spa and the clients. That didn't work either.
Krafts attorney earned his money by burying the video of Kraft and making sure it will never see the light of day. Also did the world a service

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
If Watson is smart he settles asap,admits bad but not criminal behavior, pays fines and restitution ,seeks sex addiction counseling and is probably back on the field in 2022

Because if there're multiple complaints filed with the police and they're credible the next step is Grand Jury subpoenas of phone records, Bank statements, Credit card records and ultimately his phone(s) itself, they'll go through every App on that phone and every deleted App, any way he communicated with the Therapists will be subpoenaed, his own phone becomes a hand grenade,team Watson knows this, The Texans know this and the NFL knows this which is why he'll settle very shortly

Reactions: Smitty93 and LSCII

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

He lied about that. The pd literally came out and stated he never contacted anyone in their dept.

Reactions: DangleCity

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
If Watson is smart he settles asap,admits bad but not criminal behavior, pays fines and restitution ,seeks sex addiction counseling and is probably back on the field in 2022

Because if there're multiple complaints filed with the police and they're credible the next step is Grand Jury subpoenas of phone records, Bank statements, Credit card records and ultimately his phone(s) itself, they'll go through every App on that phone and every deleted App, any way he communicated with the Therapists will be subpoenaed, his own phone becomes a hand grenade,team Watson knows this, The Texans know this and the NFL knows this which is why he'll settle very shortly
I have a feeling its going to go down like that as well. He'll pay those girls a ton of money and admit to some wrong doing, but not enough that he'll go to jail. The lawyers will get paid, the girls will get paid, and Watson wont he held accountable for his actions.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The fact that this woman isn't involved in any suit, and has a near exact story like the rest makes you have to ignore the sketchy relationship Buzbee hdepth.th the McNair's. She not only had him allegedly assault her, but he tried to hire her multiple times afterwards without ever realizing she'd already been a victim. Every time she pointed that out, he suddenly stopped contacting her. The guy is clearly a piece of shit predator with this many woman having the same singular experience.

1. The only reason she's not part of the suit is because she didn't want to agree to buzbee's fees. I'm sure he's willing to go with contingency fees and she didn't like his terms (likely 30-40% of any settlement). Don't be fooled. She's going to file. She just wants better terms.

2. The rest is one side of the story, so far with no evidence of any illegal activity. Creepy? Sure. Illegal? Not in her story at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad