Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Draft Begins Thursday, April 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
If I’m running the team. I acquire Jimmy G. I draft Kellen Mond. Stidham goes bye bye and Newton is the backup. Cam is your Jimmy G protection if he gets hurt. I even see Cam getting into games for plays. Get crazy with it Josh. Most importantly I think Cam would be a great mentor for Mond. Stick Kellen to his hip. Kellen fits the mold of the Parcells thinking of college quarterbacks. This article explains.

Applying Bill Parcells' QB Drafting Rules To 2021 Class | The Draft Network

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
NFL / pat fans...

A long time Dolphin fan who hasn't watched the NFL for years because the disgrace the dolphins became. Any chance I become a fan again? Reading some positives however not sure I should kickstart my NFL addiction of past.

Truly wish I were a Pats fan. Unreal!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
NFL / pat fans...

A long time Dolphin fan who hasn't watched the NFL for years because the disgrace the dolphins became. Any chance I become a fan again? Reading some positives however not sure I should kickstart my NFL addiction of past.

Truly wish I were a Pats fan. Unreal!

No. Real fans don’t give up on their team, no matter how bad it gets.

Reactions: LouJersey

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
:thumbd:
I haven't given up on them just couldn't tolerate watching them...nobody in their right mind could tolerate watching the dolphins last 20 years.

You just asked if you can become a fan again.

That tells me you’re not a fan at the moment. So if you’re not a fan because they’ve sucked for that long but you’re now going to jump back on because they’re showing positives, then you’re not a true fan. More of a pink hat.

So no, I don’t think you can become a fan again.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You just asked if you can become a fan again.

That tells me you’re not a fan at the moment. So if you’re not a fan because they’ve sucked for that long but you’re now going to jump back on because they’re showing positives, then you’re not a true fan. More of a pink hat.

So no, I don’t think you can become a fan again.

Right. Thanks for the insight.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
If I’m running the team. I acquire Jimmy G. I draft Kellen Mond. Stidham goes bye bye and Newton is the backup. Cam is your Jimmy G protection if he gets hurt. I even see Cam getting into games for plays. Get crazy with it Josh. Most importantly I think Cam would be a great mentor for Mond. Stick Kellen to his hip. Kellen fits the mold of the Parcells thinking of college quarterbacks. This article explains.

Applying Bill Parcells' QB Drafting Rules To 2021 Class | The Draft Network
Guess you can throw Parcells QB drafting rules out the window! Brady does not fit his drafting model.
Mond will be available after the first round. Personally, if Bill wants a QB, I trade up to get #7 if Lance or Fields is still around.
I have never been a fan of carrying 3 QB's.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Guess you can throw Parcells QB drafting rules out the window! Brady does not fit his drafting model.
Mond will be available after the first round. Personally, if Bill wants a QB, I trade up to get #7 if Lance or Fields is still around.
I have never been a fan of carrying 3 QB's.
Unless youre absolutely certain you can get the guy you want by movinf up and youre absolutely certain the QB youre drafting is the next great QB, then you have to be careful. Its going to cost a lot to move up and if you miss on pick, its going to set the franchise back. All you need to do is look at the Jets for what can go wrong when you continually butcher trying to draft a QB

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Unless youre absolutely certain you can get the guy you want by movinf up and youre absolutely certain the QB youre drafting is the next great QB, then you have to be careful. Its going to cost a lot to move up and if you miss on pick, its going to set the franchise back. All you need to do is look at the Jets for what can go wrong when you continually butcher trying to draft a QB
We have the assets to make the move, add Gilmore and or Michel with our first rounder and a 2022 first should do it.
I agree you have to be 100% your guy is there to pick.
I watched Lance during his pre draft workout and was really impressed, looked like Josh Allen with his ability to throw on the run.
Has an incredible arm.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
No. Real fans don’t give up on their team, no matter how bad it gets.
I disagree. Sports organizations don’t deserve unconditional support especially if they are running a clown show endlessly. If you do then it goes from being a love of a certain form of entertainment to potentially being an addiction. That may not be good psychologically because of a rich owner not hiring the best personnel. Sometimes it’s best for all to take a break from incompetence and move on for a while.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I disagree. Sports organizations don’t deserve unconditional support especially if they are running a clown show endlessly. If you do then it goes from being a love of a certain form of entertainment to potentially being an addiction. That may not be good psychologically because of a rich owner not hiring the best personnel. Sometimes it’s best for all to take a break from incompetence and move on for a while.

i dont think any real fans supported jeffery loria in mtl as he sabotaged that team

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
We have the assets to make the move, add Gilmore and or Michel with our first rounder and a 2022 first should do it.
I agree you have to be 100% your guy is there to pick.
I watched Lance during his pre draft workout and was really impressed, looked like Josh Allen with his ability to throw on the run.
Has an incredible arm.
I think you're completely overvauling Gilmore and Michel, I dont think that's enough to move up. The deal would have to be more draft picks, that aside, even if you move up, the highest you can move up to is 4, so you would have the 4th choice out of the 5 QBs available because the 3 teams ahead of you are taking QBs. I dont think its worth it. Maybe if you had 2nd or 3rd choice of the QBs, but 4th scares me

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
@Smitty93 It's not that I think BB sucks. I give him plenty of credit for being a tremendous coach, I really do. I just happen to believe that while he's a great coach, he's a mediocre GM at best and his failures as the GM have impacted this team in a very negative way with regards to the skill positions.
This is a little much, eh? He only rebuilt the Pats several times over and into a continuous dynasty/powerhouse for 20 years. Let’s not forget he brought in 20 new players through free agency and the draft when he took over much like he is doing this year. Alot of those 1999-2000 free agents became part of the core that won the first 3 SBs. The only criticism he can possibly take is he doesn’t have the greatest track record with 1st round picks the last few years.

Letting Brady go? For me, BFD. Brady didn’t do much to win last year’s SB. Tampa’s defense won that game. Brady did the minimum to win that game. If the Chief's offense didn’t get swamped by that outstanding D, Brady would have walked out of there with his head hanging low. Brady should have his name with an asterisk next to it....*walked into perfect situation and everyone else carried me* How’s that for a hot take?

Reactions: DangleCity

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
If Fields is going to be there at #4 Bill has to trade up.

Lots of talk about the Falcons taking a QB at #4 (Peter King and Daniel Jeremiah).

Things get really interesting after that. Cincinnati basically never trades, so we can probably lock them in at #5. Miami decided to trade up to #6. Maybe they trade down, but that kind of seems unlikely now, especially since I think they'd only consider dropping a spot or two.

Detroit is at #7. If I were them, I'd probably draft a QB, but they've got a bunch of holes, so a trade down would make sense for them. I think there's a good chance all 5 top QB prospects are gone by #7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany