Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Draft Begins Thursday, April 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Lots of talk about the Falcons taking a QB at #4 (Peter King and Daniel Jeremiah).

Things get really interesting after that. Cincinnati basically never trades, so we can probably lock them in at #5. Miami decided to trade up to #6. Maybe they trade down, but that kind of seems unlikely now, especially since I think they'd only consider dropping a spot or two.

Detroit is at #7. If I were them, I'd probably draft a QB, but they've got a bunch of holes, so a trade down would make sense for them. I think there's a good chance all 5 top QB prospects are gone by #7.
I don't think Atlanta is looking to jettison Matt Ryan the way they jettisoned Brett Favre, though.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Lots of talk about the Falcons taking a QB at #4 (Peter King and Daniel Jeremiah).

Things get really interesting after that. Cincinnati basically never trades, so we can probably lock them in at #5. Miami decided to trade up to #6. Maybe they trade down, but that kind of seems unlikely now, especially since I think they'd only consider dropping a spot or two.

Detroit is at #7. If I were them, I'd probably draft a QB, but they've got a bunch of holes, so a trade down would make sense for them. I think there's a good chance all 5 top QB prospects are gone by #7.
If i thought a Fields or Lance would be there at 7 i would agree with trying to get that pick but as you said i don't think the top 5 qb's are going to be on the board even by 7. The niners trading up for a QB is going to make every team that needs a qb want to move up as well or risk losing out. Pats, Panthers and Broncos all need one so someone will be left out.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
If i thought a Fields or Lance would be there at 7 i would agree with trying to get that pick but as you said i don't think the top 5 qb's are going to be on the board even by 7. The niners trading up for a QB is going to make every team that needs a qb want to move up as well or risk losing out. Pats, Panthers and Broncos all need one so someone will be left out.

Ahh, I should have clarified. I think the last one will be taken with pick #7 via trade. Cinci basically never trades, and I have trouble seeing Miami trade down again after they decided to move up to #6.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Thickens or the actions of a worried guilty person? When are people going to learn how the internet works? You can never permanently delete the things you on the da interwebzzz. He better be careful or he might get charged with tampering or intimidation of witnesses. Let your lawyers handle your business.

Like I said when it was just a couple of accusers, I could ignore it but we are in Bill Cosby territory now. Something is very very wrong here.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Thickens or the actions of a worried guilty person? When are people going to learn how the internet works? You can never permanently delete the things you on the da interwebzzz. He better be careful or he might get charged with tampering or intimidation of witnesses. Let your lawyers handle your business.

Like I said when it was just a couple of accusers, I could ignore it but we are in Bill Cosby territory now. Something is very very wrong here.

The stories the women provide are all nearly identical and it displays the pattern he used to lure them in, allegedly. I'd be stunned if he plays this season.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Him winning has never been the problem. Staying healthy is. The good news is he’d have an elite offensive line in front him.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Former Patriots Player Has Telling Admission On Jimmy Garoppolo

Appearing on The Greg Hill Show, former Patriots tight end Jermaine Wiggins said the team had its doubts about Garoppolo while he was there. He claimed that there was a sense that Garoppolo couldn’t be depended on and even compared him to Mister Glass from the movie Unbreakable.
“They used to look at Jimmy G. a little sideways, like he kind of a little bit Mister Glass… where they were like, ‘Can’t really depend on him. Can’t stay on the field,’” Wiggins said.
Garoppolo started two games for the Patriots in 2016, going 2-0 before suffering a shoulder injury. The Patriots traded him to the 49ers the following year.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
id say its best this doesn't happen bc the hypothetical that he would win here will be much better than the sobering reality that will come
Gotta give it shot, they loaded up this offseason. Would you rather have Jimmy or Cam?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Jimmy certainly bc he can spread the ball around and get rid of it quickly. I don't want to pay a boatload for Jimmy just to finish behind Buffalo
I dont think its going to take a boatload. #15 definitely isnt on the table

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
I dont think its going to take a boatload. #15 definitely isnt on the table
We are not getting Jimmy. Not unless a miracle happens. San Fran wants to trade him for salary cap reasons but if they can’t make a lateral move at QB ala Watson, then they are not going to trade him away. And Watson is not tradable anymore, heck Watson might not see the field for awhile. So, unless San Fran has another QB in mind, they will stick with Jimmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland