Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Draft Begins Thursday, April 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
@Smitty93 It's not that I think BB sucks. I give him plenty of credit for being a tremendous coach, I really do. I just happen to believe that while he's a great coach, he's a mediocre GM at best and his failures as the GM have impacted this team in a very negative way with regards to the skill positions.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
@Smitty93 It's not that I think BB sucks. I give him plenty of credit for being a tremendous coach, I really do. I just happen to believe that while he's a great coach, he's a mediocre GM at best and his failures as the GM have impacted this team in a very negative way with regards to the skill positions.

it would look bad if they spend to get Jimmy and he gets injured again. Bill has to move on imo.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Its easy to see why he would think you hate BB when you call him medicore at best as a GM.

I mean he's only rebuilt and overhauled the roster once each decade and won 3 SBs each time

Reactions: Barnum

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Its easy to see why he would think you hate BB when you call him medicore at best as a GM.

I mean he's only rebuilt and overhauled the roster once each decade and won 3 SBs each time

upload_2021-3-26_16-1-20.jpeg

Reactions: LSCII and KrejciMVP

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I think Chris Simms is right. The Niners are going up for Mac Jones. I believe he is their pick at 3 and Jimmy G is back here.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think Chris Simms is right. The Niners are going up for Mac Jones. I believe he is their pick at 3 and Jimmy G is back here.

Simms is close friends with Shanahan, so it's possible he knows something the rest of us don't. I also know he's super high on Jones, so he could be projecting here.

I just can't imagine trading that much to go draft Jones. The ceiling's nowhere high enough to justify trading your next two 1sts to move up for him, and I have trouble believing they'd be concerned that he'd be off the board if they didn't trade up to #3.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I think it's a good deal for both sides. The 49ers are a team with a lot of talent and if they can find that franchise QB they're set and gives them a 4 year window where having a cheap qb allows them to go all in everywhere else, i think there's better options than Jones but if Shanahan thinks he's the guy then he deserves that trust. I think this is the best qb draft class in a while and if i was Bill i would be calling Atlanta and making a similar offer for #4, because i don't see the main 5 qb's that are talked about being on the board after 9

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Simms is close friends with Shanahan, so it's possible he knows something the rest of us don't. I also know he's super high on Jones, so he could be projecting here.

I just can't imagine trading that much to go draft Jones. The ceiling's nowhere high enough to justify trading your next two 1sts to move up for him, and I have trouble believing they'd be concerned that he'd be off the board if they didn't trade up to #3.

Ridiculous ratings.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
with all those QBs going early. Pats have a great chance to get a great player at a skill of defensive position at 15. Im not wasting assets on any of those QBs.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
with all those QBs going early. Pats have a great chance to get a great player at a skill of defensive position at 15. Im not wasting assets on any of those QBs.

I don't think we get Chase/Smith/Waddle.

Skill position players are at such a premium. 1-2 more losses could have really helped us because all 4 are no brainers if we can get them.

I'd go Rondale Moore from Purdue reluctantly but the other WRs pass. Bateman isn't dynamic too risky.

The play would be to trade down but roster spots are going to be hard to come by for our draft class after all the UFAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad