Speculation: Off-Season 2013 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Considering how little leaks out of Tampa, I'm not going to hold my breath.

I would think he still has *some* positive value, or at least could be moved for "future considerations". That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he's bought out... I'm sure injury concerns are a big deal with him.

Yzlamic Preacher*

I feel like I am the only person who does not think Malone will get bought out.

As much as I would want him bought out, I have learned one thing...No one knows how the Yzerbrain works. I can see both situations happening. One I want, One I don't. I think the big thing that will decide if Malone gets bought is if we manage to get another top 4 d man and make Brewer expendable.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
If we can't get a pick for Malone before the draft, his cap hit all but dooms him to being our first compliance buyout.

Due $5m over the next 2 years at a $4.5m cap hit for each. Bought out we pay $3.3 over 4 and reclaim $9m? He's shown no consistent chemistry in top 6 roles with either of our top centers. His cap hit isn't worth his production in a bottom 6 role. Yes, he plays hard. He pays all the harder for it too. The only silver lining to the storm cloud lurking over Malone is that Cooper might have a plan that includes him in it. Because when Yzerman evaluates the dollars and cents/sense of it, that is the only thing that will save his spot on this team.

On the plus side for Malone, I bet he can secure himself more than $2.5m per year on the open market post buyout. Could even find a top 6 role if willing to take less or play for a team not so near to contention.

I woould be curious to see his 12 team list though, just wondering where he'd like to end up.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If we can't get a pick for Malone before the draft, his cap hit all but dooms him to being our first compliance buyout.

Due $5m over the next 2 years at a $4.5m cap hit for each. Bought out we pay $3.3 over 4 and reclaim $9m? He's shown no consistent chemistry in top 6 roles with either of our top centers. His cap hit isn't worth his production in a bottom 6 role. Yes, he plays hard. He pays all the harder for it too. The only silver lining to the storm cloud lurking over Malone is that Cooper might have a plan that includes him in it. Because when Yzerman evaluates the dollars and cents/sense of it, that is the only thing that will save his spot on this team.

On the plus side for Malone, I bet he can secure himself more than $2.5m per year on the open market post buyout. Could even find a top 6 role if willing to take less or play for a team not so near to contention.

I woould be curious to see his 12 team list though, just wondering where he'd like to end up.

I would'nt mind seeing him in Detroit his last 2 years he's a big body and we surely could use him, But with Detroit and Tampa Bay being in the same division next season i seriously doubt that Yzerman would trade Malone to his old team.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
AS a Redwings fan and TBL fan. I have a trade propospal. Malone for CC+ Tootoo or Sammy Samuelson. Any interest?

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
If Malone is bought out...

If Ryan Malone is bought out and possibly another cap move is made, would the lightning take a run at Briere? Or would they focus mainly on adding another defenseman?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
If Ryan Malone is bought out and possibly another cap move is made, would the lightning take a run at Briere? Or would they focus mainly on adding another defenseman?

I can't imagine that Briere would be in the plans. Defense is the big need, and 4.5 would go a long way towards fixing that hole.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I'd be shocked if a team like Phoenix wouldn't chuck at least a 6th round pick on him. If Dallas paid Gonchar millions more than he was worth just to hit the cap then surely there's a demand for Malone's contract.
They probably would but the difference is Malone has a limited NTC. I doubt the Coyotes are on Malone's 12 team trade list.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
So do guys like Malone submit their 12 team list before the season or how does that work? I always figured it was hey we wanna trade you to the Isles, what's your list? kind of deal.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
So do guys like Malone submit their 12 team list before the season or how does that work? I always figured it was hey we wanna trade you to the Isles, what's your list? kind of deal.

I think thats exactly it.

SFY says that hes looking into moving Malone asks him for his list and works within it.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
During the regular season there were rumors of him partying a wee bit too much. Was it really that much (especially compared to the other players)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad