Speculation: Off-Season 2013 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yzlamic Preacher*

There's also the possibility that Letang might not re-sign with the Penguins.

FTFY

We would have throw some serious money towards Letang to where Pens don't match. Out doing Philly in this situation seems impossible. Letang will garner minimum Suter money...

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
FTFY

We would have throw some serious money towards Letang to where Pens don't match. Out doing Philly in this situation seems impossible. Letang will garner minimum Suter money...

No, I was referring to the trade proposal where Letang came to the Lightning. I was pointing out that even though we give up significant assets, he may not re-sign with the Lightning and would thus be a 1 year rental.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
i don't get all the letang talk.

A) he'd cost too much B) if some of you like to ***** about Carle then Letang is like twice as bad in his own end.

i'll happily keep on with the matt carle we saw after cooper took over last year over letang.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
No, I was referring to the trade proposal where Letang came to the Lightning. I was pointing out that even though we give up significant assets, he may not re-sign with the Lightning and would thus be a 1 year rental.

If he is traded, I think the team would be allowed to talk about extension with him. that way Pens can get better deal.

9 yrs of Letang is more valuable than 1 yr.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Letang is like Dan Boyle or Matt Carle without any of their defense. :sarcasm:
A signed (or negotiated signing $/years) Letang for Carle trade is the only way I would see him being a Bolt, and that is very very unlikely (I never say never).

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
What would Tampa Bay give Detroit for Jordan Tootoo, Not that there shopping him of course, They will need him even more now that they will be playing in the east.

Tom Pyatt ?
Rights to Pouliot?
Malone? But with a later pick from Detroit
Brewer?

Those would be my offers, other than that... no thank you

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
As both a Wings and Lightning fan, I would do Pyatt and or Pouliot. Would'nt mind Malone either, Would'nt have any interest in Brewer but the other 3 would be intriguing pieces.

Well but of course only one of them :) I would prefer him for Pouliot, as it would give Tampa a better balanced team:

Killorn-Stamkos-MSL
???-VL4-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Pyatt
Tootoo-Thompson-Crombeen
Labrie

I think this 4th line would be a beauty. Good defensivly and though as nails.
And it would still let us trade Pyatt/Malone/ Purcell.

I just imagined, if we could do said deal above, draft Drouin, sign Scuderi or pay a pick to talk to him first, trade either Panik for Stone or Connolly for Stone + pick and we would at least a playoff team right away. Buyout Brewer and trade Malone for a pick on DD.

Problem is, all this might only be possible in NHL13.

But just imagine this roster:

Killorn-Stamkos-MSL
Drouin-VL4-Connolly
Palat-Johnson-Purcell
Tootoo-Thompson-Pyatt
Labrie-Crombeen

Hedman-Salo
Scuderi-Gudas
Carle-Stone
Aulie, Barbs, Korobov
I know Carle is better suited for a top4 role than Gudas, but Scuderi is a lefty and needs a righty f possible.

Lindback, Bishop

Only ?? this team would have are the 2 goalies. Other than that it would be an amazingly deep and strong team.

kisin

Sep 22, 2009
Czech republic
Supposing we got rid of one of our wingers, I'm a bit suprised no one has mentioned Tyrell. As long as I love Dana, we can't wait for ages until he reaches his potential, regardless of the injuries he had to go through. Pyatt seems to be getting better each season, can score and is arguably our best PKer. Furthermore, he's capable of playing almost any role and line. I just don't see any point in trading him, he can always be the 12th/13th forward and he's not going to fetch us a well-needed top4 d-man. As for Tyrell, I strongly believe that JT Brown, Palat etc can fly almost as fast as Dana and contribute more often than just from time to time.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Supposing we got rid of one of our wingers, I'm a bit suprised no one has mentioned Tyrell. As long as I love Dana, we can't wait for ages until he reaches his potential, regardless of the injuries he had to go through. Pyatt seems to be getting better each season, can score and is arguably our best PKer. Furthermore, he's capable of playing almost any role and line. I just don't see any point in trading him, he can always be the 12th/13th forward and he's not going to fetch us a well-needed top4 d-man. As for Tyrell, I strongly believe that JT Brown, Palat etc can fly almost as fast as Dana and contribute more often than just from time to time.

Well Pyatt is already FAR away from being a 12th/13th forward. Nobody realized it, but Pyatt was up for a 30 points season this year !!!!!!!!!!! With his contract I think he could fetch us quit a bit (obviously not an established top4 D, but still quit a bit).

Just think of this.
Filppula the guy that wants 5m per year has scored 1 more point in 2 games less than Pyatt. The difference is Pyatt is a good penalty killer, while Filppula isn't.

He is 206th overall in points this year. This would mean, he is an #7 forward on an average team. Of course with injurys and young guys that didn't play enough games to have that many points he would slot in later. But his points are for sure good enough to be an 3rd line center on a lot of teams.

kisin

Sep 22, 2009
Czech republic
I'm well aware and that makes him even more valuable, doesn't it? Having Pyatt as a 4th line forward probably means pretty solid offensive corp. In fact, it's about to happen with Johnson, Panik, Brown, Connolly and so forth being on the verge of establishing themselves as full time NHLers.

I don't get the Filppula comparison. He had just a bad season. Otherwise he's a solid, defensively responsible winger.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I'm well aware and that makes him even more valuable, doesn't it? Having Pyatt as a 4th line forward probably means pretty solid offensive corp. In fact, it's about to happen with Johnson, Panik, Brown, Connolly and so forth being on the verge of establishing themselves as full time NHLers.

I don't get the Filppula comparison. He had just a bad season. Otherwise he's a solid, defensively responsible winger.

I know Filppula had a bad season, but it still shows how good Pyatt is already.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Excuse me while I refrain from optimism after the hype of last season. We all know how well that ended.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Hey just some questions...

You guys think you will use your buy out option this year?... if so on who and out of 100 how confident do you think that player will get bought out??

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I doubt Brewer gets bought out this year - if ever.

That is why I only gave 10% chance. Only player with over $3m cap hit not part of the core, and if we get another top 4 D then he would be 3rd line and we have lots of young ones that can play there.

I agree though, would happen if over the cap without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad