Not open for further replies.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Why I can't read reddit about us:

Current Team (I’ll skip Stamkos and St. Louis for this):
Top player #1 - Teddy Purcell (RW)
Purcell is one of the hardest working and most underrated players on the Lightning roster, and his grit and scoring ability cannot go unannounced.

I hope none of you said that. Decided to look at our 30 teams in 30 days deal.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/1jmn4n/30_teams30_days_tampa_bay_lightning/

Also, I feel like I know FP's reddit username.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Why I can't read reddit about us:

I hope none of you said that. Decided to look at our 30 teams in 30 days deal.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/1jmn4n/30_teams30_days_tampa_bay_lightning/

Also, I feel like I know FP's reddit username.

What makes you say that?

As for the list, how about #3?

Top player #3 - Nate Thompson (C)

Thompson is a much maligned NHL player who finally came in to his own on the Syracuse Crunch, and after spending a full season with the Lightning, it’s hoped that he can develop into a good support scorer for the Bolts.

I don't even know who he's talking about here. Possibly Brett Connolly, but the events suggested are out of order.

#4 also has similar problems with details. The way it's worded suggests that Carle has been with the Lightning since the Dan Boyle trade.
Top player #4 - Matt Carle (D)

Matt Carle was acquired in the trade with San Jose for Dan Boyle, and while his offensive prowess is nice, his sometimes boneheaded decisions on defense leave fans scratching their heads. I mean, at least he isn’t Eric Brewer, but come on. He’s still young, though, so hopefully he can develop into a solid D-man in the years to come.

Confusing the Bruins for the Rangers in the 2011 playoffs is a pretty egregious mistake as well.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Solar Bears flair. Plus I remember a while ago you said on your resume that your name started with an A, so you were placed first in lines at school, evolving you into a leader.

relevant Bane quote:

relevant Carl Sagan quote:
“Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrongâ€

Good memory, but I identify with only one nation.
z90o4rW.jpg

Last edited:

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
i've met people IRL from these boards and well, if i havent met you it can only mean one thing: you do not post with honor.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
nhl.com: Seven candidates for a breakout season in 2013-14

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=680269
Ben Bishop, Tampa Bay Lightning: It has taken a few years, but Bishop finally may have a team he can call his own. The 6-foot-7 goaltender was lost in the shuffle in St. Louis and stuck behind Craig Anderson with the Ottawa Senators; he got his first extended chance to start after the Lightning acquired him in early April. Bishop’s 3-4-1 record and 2.99 goals-against average weren't great, but his .917 save percentage and 33.6 shots-faced per game indicate he wasn’t getting a lot of help. He could have the inside track for the starting job after getting a two-year contract extension not long after being acquired, but will be competing with Anders Lindback for playing time. If Bishop wins the competition, he could give the Lightning the goaltending they've been looking for since Dwayne Roloson led them to the Eastern Conference Final in 2011.

Yzlamic Preacher*

So on the main boards there is a rumour that Hainsey can be had for 1 million dollars. I have no idea where to put him, but he might be a good fill in for the inevitable Salo injury.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
So on the main boards there is a rumour that Hainsey can be had for 1 million dollars. I have no idea where to put him, but he might be a good fill in for the inevitable Salo injury.

Replace Brewer with him if Brewer gets back to his 2012-2013 self instead of his 2010-2011 trade deadline self.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
I don't think Yzerman signs anybody else outright. Maybe he gives out an unanticipated camp tryout or two to keep people motivated, but I doubt its anybody with too much upside.

That said, I'd love Hainsey on the cheap. I really think we need one more 4 thru 7 type of defensive focused defenseman. For not really changing anything about our already subpar D, would it really hurt anything to at least get a little more depth?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

Don't buy this at all. When UFA first started had a list and Ron was at like 3.5 to 4 million range as they put up numbers. Not sure where that data is so dont ask but was numbers I remember. For him to do 1 million I will believe it when see it. Still figure him for 2 to 2.5 at least.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Don't buy this at all. When UFA first started had a list and Ron was at like 3.5 to 4 million range as they put up numbers. Not sure where that data is so dont ask but was numbers I remember. For him to do 1 million I will believe it when see it. Still figure him for 2 to 2.5 at least.

2-2.5 was what I thought he was worth too.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
So I’ve been thinking about what our line-ups will look like come October, and I keep coming up with the same conclusion: We have way to much (potential) talent. What a great problem to have right? When I look at the CapGeek page, I see the following lineups

Purcell-Stamkos-St.Louis
Or as I like to call it, ‘the line-up that is so unsurprising that everyone will be surprised when it happens.’

Killorn-Filipula-Malone
Or the ‘Wait until Malone gets injured and then replace him with someone younger and/or better’ line.

Palat-Johnson-Drouin
Or the ‘Scary as hell rookie line.’ I (like many of you) think that Drouin will be in the second line pretty quickly if he plays like he is expected to, but at the same time, I kind of think that Cooper may try something crazy and do an all rookies 3rd line early, just to how it works.

Labrie-Thompson-Crombeen
The ‘We wont be scoring… but you wont be either’ line. I actually feel like this will be a hell of shut down line for us this year, as long as Labrie keeps improving.

And of course, Pyatt for the extra... I just can’t find a place for him. I guess he could go on the third line without any issue, but I'm sticking with my rookie 3rd line idea haha.

That leaves: Tyrell, Connolly, Panik, and Brown for call ups who would be ready to go immediately… and I really have no idea for our center depth who would be ready to go now that Johnson is assumed up here.

What do you guys think?

Yzlamic Preacher*

So I’ve been thinking about what our line-ups will look like come October, and I keep coming up with the same conclusion: We have way to much (potential) talent. What a great problem to have right? When I look at the CapGeek page, I see the following lineups

Purcell-Stamkos-St.Louis
Or as I like to call it, ‘the line-up that is so unsurprising that everyone will be surprised when it happens.’

Killorn-Filipula-Malone
Or the ‘Wait until Malone gets injured and then replace him with someone younger and/or better’ line.

Palat-Johnson-Drouin
Or the ‘Scary as hell rookie line.’ I (like many of you) think that Drouin will be in the second line pretty quickly if he plays like he is expected to, but at the same time, I kind of think that Cooper may try something crazy and do an all rookies 3rd line early, just to how it works.

Labrie-Thompson-Crombeen
The ‘We wont be scoring… but you wont be either’ line. I actually feel like this will be a hell of shut down line for us this year, as long as Labrie keeps improving.

And of course, Pyatt for the extra... I just can’t find a place for him. I guess he could go on the third line without any issue, but I'm sticking with my rookie 3rd line idea haha.

That leaves: Tyrell, Connolly, Panik, and Brown for call ups who would be ready to go immediately… and I really have no idea for our center depth who would be ready to go now that Johnson is assumed up here.

What do you guys think?

I think you should pencil in Panik where Malone is. It would be more surprising if Malone stays healthy all season. Also I am very weary of running so many rookies. About 6 rookies will be in the starting line up. Then when Salo and Malone get inevitably injured, calling up 2 more. It makes me wonder, we have so much great youth, lot that are ready for the NHL. But having to put some in such a hard situation right away might be bad for their development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad