OFF DAY THREAD! We give points away for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I get why hes there. He's the best goal scorer on the team. There's just too many lefties.

He isnt this year though. He has been week on the puck and not taking as many shots. If he is playing timid, decrease his ice time by putting him on power play two. He will still have the same ice and opportunity at even strength.

Jake could run the halfwall on PP2.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
With how Sullivan barley uses the 12th F, He should really really consider dressing 7D going forward, Because it seems like an injury happens every game to a Dman and they are down to 5 or even 4.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
With how Sullivan barley uses the 12th F, He should really really consider dressing 7D going forward, Because it seems like an injury happens every game to a Dman and they are down to 5 or even 4.
But they only had 5 healthy this morning, now 6 with Weber.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
While true I don’t think it has translated to the PP. Jake’s big thing is getting lost in coverage.

Jake's done good when replacing an injured Sid or Malkin, but when they're camping the spots he operates best from, it's so-so to say the least.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Message for the forwards (and Ceci :laugh:) next game

tenor.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I don't think we even have 7 dmen to dress. He may be better off dressing 13F's.

Reactions: Peat

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
While true I don’t think it has translated to the PP. Jake’s big thing is getting lost in coverage.
Which should be a good trait to have when the other team is a man down.

Sadly our PP has little to no movement to speak of. Hard to get lost in coverage when you literally never move your skates.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
that would require coaching

Exactly!

Fixing the powerplay is dead simple. Sid or Geno constantly hold the puck at the halfboards and don't attack the slot or shoot the puck from there. Add that one threat plus the rest of the team actually trying to get open and we score at like 40%. Loads of powerplays get regular goals shooting from above the dots at the halfboards. We get none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad