OFF DAY THREAD! Postponement extraordinaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPens

May 25, 2015

I think by Sully keeping POJ with Letang, it is pretty obvious what is going to happen when Dumo is back. POJ will hopefully be sent to WBS so that he can still get ice time and the pairings would be Dumo-Tanger, M & M, Petts - Ceci...However Ceci may find himself sitting for a game or two to see what Friedman is like.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I know that there is a lot of hate around here for Lafferty lately, but his last couple games have looked pretty good and once Zucker went down, he looked really good with the 3rd line. I really don't like ZAR on the 2nd, but I'm sure its just a placeholder for McCann. However it might not be a bad idea to reward Teddy for his play. I would even put Malkin on the wing, considering Blueger is way better on the face off. Of course this can't be considered until McCann is back. I would try something like this.

Jake - Sid - Kapp
Geno - Blueger - Rust
ZAR - McCann - Tanev
Doesn't matter - Who cares - another warm body

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Lafferty's biggest disappointments IMO has been when he played on lines that required a bit more savvy-- he just doesn't think the game enough well enough to play well there. He looks best when he's on an energy line that's not asked to do too much offensively.

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Lafferty's biggest disappointments IMO has been when he played on lines that required a bit more savvy-- he just doesn't think the game enough well enough to play well there. He looks best when he's on an energy line that's not asked to do too much offensively.

I think he needs to be in a sweet spot where a tonne isn’t asked of his IQ but his linemates need to have some brains. Aka you can’t play him with trash because I thought he looked immediately more involved once he was with Blueger and Tanev.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think he needs to be in a sweet spot where a tonne isn’t asked of his IQ but his linemates need to have some brains. Aka you can’t play him with trash because I thought he looked immediately more involved once he was with Blueger and Tanev.

Yeah, you said it better said than I, SM. :cheers:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I wonder if Claude Julien is someone Burke and Hextall would go after in the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad