OFF DAY THREAD! Postponement extraordinaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I think he also said his shoulder injury had been nagging him for a long time. Maybe we finally see that goal scoring forward the Pens signed.

Switching from a “Kessel” diet to a “Cullen” diet would certainly help too

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Switching from a “Kessel” diet to a “Cullen” diet would certainly help too

Sign me up for the "Kessel" diet! :yo:

cut.jpg

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So when is Zohorna coming up and Jank being waived?

They're trying to get the ol two niner to figure out how to say that name without going into a questionably cringy rant, first

Last edited:

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
So when is Zohorna coming up and Jank being waived?
Guy's played five games on North American ice. Give him some time.

Odds are HexBurke acquires someone from the outside before they give Zohorna a shot.

Last edited:

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

Zohorna is looking really good. Some of the passes he made led to some great scoring opportunities. Both goals he drove right to the net. With his size, speed, and skill I think he has a very good chance to be an NHL player.

Zohorna has also made some big jumps fast. Two years ago he had 12 points in 48 games. Last year he had 22 points in 46 games which made him a signable player. This season he had 22 points in 21 games before coming over to the AHL. So his progression from .25 ppg to .48 and then over 1 point per game is a huge improvement. Starting out a point per game in WBS is nice and if he keeps up that pace he will get his shot at 4C this season by the halfway point.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Give the guy a bit more to adjust to the NA game, the organization, and the system, IMO, then in a few weeks (if all goes to plan), clear out some deadweight and bring him up.

Dude's literally only just got here a few months ago. :laugh:

I agree with this. Give Zohorna a few more weeks and if he is still a point per game player then bring him up. Zohorna is still learning the system and getting used to the smaller rinks. With his size, speed, skill, and two way game he will get his shot but let's not rush him and make sure he is ready and comfortable for the jump. I know he looked great last night and would be an obvious upgrade on Jankowski but let's give him some more games on NA first.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Sure, if we ignore context, and the decline of the Czech league which was decimated by COVID, it's all simple. He's guaranteed to outscore McDavid in two years. God, I envy that enthusiasm of yours, CM, for real. :laugh:

I think Zohorna's definitely got the tools to be in the NHL, but let's try to temper some of that manic posting for a hot minute and let the dude develop like a human and not a video game character-- especially because if he can go back to the level he was playing at with Kometa, he's going to be a well-rounded top 9 guy, not merely a 4th line C.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’d express patience for Zohorna if our L4 wasn’t a trash dump right now..he can’t be worse, same with Bellerive

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Sure, if we ignore context, and the decline of the Czech league which was decimated by COVID, it's all simple. He's guaranteed to outscore McDavid in two years. God, I envy that enthusiasm of yours, CM, for real. :laugh:

I think Zohorna's definitely got the tools to be in the NHL, but let's try to temper some of that manic posting for a hot minute and let the dude develop like a human and not a video game character-- especially because if he can go back to the level he was playing at with Kometa, he's going to be a well-rounded top 9 guy, not merely a 4th line C.
true! but it could make the trade deadline very interesting.:nod:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Can Zohorna PK?

I think the only reason why Jankowski still has a jersey is that they need another Center to PK - to take faceoffs when Teddy is off the ice.

I don't remember a lot of McCann PKing so maybe he gets Jankowski off the team.

I liked Jankowski for the first couple games but after that he has been terrible every. single. game.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Can Zohorna PK?

I think the only reason why Jankowski still has a jersey is that they need another Center to PK - to take faceoffs when Teddy is off the ice.

I liked Jankowski for the first couple games but after that he has been terrible every. single. game.

He has in the Extraliga, but again, that's a much different ballgame than PK here. I have no idea if he's pking for WB/S, though.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Can Zohorna PK?

thats funny because, Lafferty is taking all faceoffs on the fourth line when Janko is on,

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
He has in the Extraliga, but again, that's a much different ballgame than PK here. I have no idea if he's pking for WB/S, though.

Good point.

Then again maybe I'm missing the mark here. Last year the PKing forwards were BART + Rust. So only one center.

I mean it's not super urgent to upgrade on Jankowski but his whole attitude and demeanor on the ice screams "6 minutes a night to keep cashing a paycheck." If we make the playoffs I'll be disappointed if he's on the roster.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Can Zohorna PK?

who cares...don’t keep someone in the lineup to PK only...Kap can PK very well and why isn’t he doing it

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

Manic posting? Saying I think he can be our 4C is not saying he is going to be a top 6 forward let alone McDavid. So please don't try and turn want I say around. I am optimistic he is going to make it to the NHL. How far he develops from that point is still hard to say. Could he become a top 6? Maybe someday but I never posted even that or anything about his upside past 4C.
All I have said about Zohorna on my posts is that I see him getting a chance at the 4C spot if he keeps scoring at a point per game rate in WBS. Nothing to crazy of a prediction in my opinion. So I don't know how you took that into those being a manic post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->