OFF DAY THREAD! Postponement extraordinaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I mean, why not give Riikola a chance if he was looking really good and is a younger player with some potential too. Maybe we get some trade value out of him if we showcase him?

"Younger" players are not 27-year-old career 6-7 d-men.

I mean, if you insist on giving POJ a game off, I'd disagree, but ok, go ahead. But arguing that Riikola is a young player who can still develop is weird.

Riikola over a Schultz or a Johnson, I bought, easily. POJ can use the ice time and REALLY get better. For a game or two, I am not gonna complain (I will, but hey, I should not).

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
We are out of the playoffs right now so there is a danger.

Short term Riikola will 100% outplay what POJ has given is recently.

Hockey fans are weird for young players if they are scratched or go to WBS for a little bit especially if they’ve been bad.
we really are at the fourth place right now over Isles

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

we used to have only six b2bs when the schedule came out, then we were up to 8 with Covid changes and now 9...what the hell is our new FO doing? Certainly not advocating for the Pens with the league office...

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
we used to have only six b2bs when the schedule came out, then we were up to 8 with Covid changes and now 9...what the hell is our new FO doing? Certainly not advocating for the Pens with the league office...
You really think the front office has any sway in the schedule? Good Lord. Short of there being an arena conflict (newsflash, there isn't), teams are playing when the NHL tells them.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Rask has also been in the league a while and has honed his skill as well as being behind a team that plays to make it easier on him plus his talent.

Also Rask is a first round pick that was picked there for a reason. Jarry is showing his talent as a 2nd rounder trying to back up an Allstar performance last year behind a team that is an absolute shit show defensively.

Also last 5 games Jarry has been a lot better than Rasks last 5 so at least ours is trending back up and Rasks inconsistent streak won't last but hopefully long enough for the Pens to get a few pts.
Why are we talking about when they were drafted? I’m glad you found a 5 game sample that Jarry outplayed Rask, that changes a lot.

Also, enough with the all star praise. He was a ****** alternate because Elvis was hurt.

Jarry has looked good over the past several games though. Hopefully he got his crap together after a very poor 12 months or so.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Just watched the game.... pens looking good... really minimizing the bone headed giveaways and that really cuts the opposing teams chances in half.

Now other teams have to work for their chances and it's proving to be challenging against this in your face penguins team.

That third line tonight was more fun to watch then I've expected. Blueger had a solid A+ game out there tonight.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe they didn't like Weber and are telling him to go to WBS.

also could be they have guys coming back but know that Zucker is going on LTIR already and claimed someone they liked....they can’t put him on taxi or send to AHL without waiving him again, so he’s up with the club...they wouldn’t do that unless they were sure they had a spot...sucks for Zucker

they didn’t have a spot for Weber on the 23 when everyone was back anyway so it can’t be just for his place

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
also could be they have guys coming back but know that Zucker is going on LTIR already and claimed someone they liked....they can’t put him on taxi or send to AHL without waiving him again, so he’s up with the club...they wouldn’t do that unless they were sure they had a spot...sucks for Zucker

they didn’t have a spot for Weber on the 23 when everyone was back anyway so it can’t be just for his place

Maybe they think he’s better depth than Ruhwedel or Ceci

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Guessing the lines tomorrow:

jake-Sid-Kap
ZAR-G-Rust
OConnor-Blue-Tanev
Sceviour-Jank-Laff

let’s hope no other forward gets hurt bc we have no other forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad